MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Ok, this issue has been with MP a very long time and I hope that this could bring some light into the issue since this is the only reason I turned to the dark side of MD***. I tried different OSs, drivers, firmwares and different CA modules. They all show the same behaviour. I got 2 floppydtvs and they both drop the CAM.

The problem has got an ugly workaround and that is to have CI.exe from DE running in the background. This is by far no solution and other issues comes into play when using it. The time MP has a connection with the CAM varies from time to time but mostly it's just seconds for me. Pulling the CAM out and reinserting it solves the issue for the moment but after just a few seconds it's back again. Previewing channels in tvsetup after making sure the CI menu (in tvsetup) is accessible is no problem at all for a short period of time. After that, the CI menu is inaccessible.

This is just a few threads with people experiencing this with floppydtv cards:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rver-90/flopptdtv-loses-connection-cam-70120/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...annels-sometimes-working-sometimes-not-71653/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tostartgraph-after-tuning-scrambled-ch-46600/

So to help with this issue here's some logs, don't let the tv.log confuse you with the initial detection of MD***. That is a leftover from the past and is now properly uninstalled.

Please please help or let me help you more :(
    I have:
    • 1x floppydtv-s + AlphaCrypt CAM + Smartcard
    • 1x floppydtv-s2 + AlphaCrypt CAM + Smartcard
    • 1x firedtv-s2 + EasyTV CAM + Smartcard

And i have absolutelly no issues here on Windows 7 prof 64bit, and had none in the past with WinXP 32 bit.
    Using Windows 7 DTV DVD codecs - also tested with MPC-MPV and coreavc.

When users report issues with paytv, then the most common causes are:
    • on W7 legacy firewire mode/driver must be used!
    • outdated fire/floppydtv drivers
    • outdated fire/floppydtv firmware
    • outdated CAM firmware
    • broken CI in fire/floppydtv
    • broken CAM

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

hey guys,

have the weekend for myself and guess... Before: some unused hardware; After: MP test machine ;)

It's the old hardware of an 1.0.2 installation.

Tested this new SVN and have trouble with HD files. I use the MPC and/or the PDVD9 codec for h264 and other HD contents. Everyhting worked fine before (MP 1.0.2). But if I now start the HD files, I get many stucks and it won't run fluently.
    Playing the same files in graphedit/windows media player/MP1.0.2 with the same codecs, it runs smooth. In the logs, the file is started from a networkshare, but I promise, that I tried this also from the local harddrive.
    Please try a different h.264 codec such as coreavc (trial available) or divx h.264 (free) or MPV-HC video codec (free).

I have seen simmilar "stuck" issues with PDVD9 when using skipsteps. But not in HD (since they hide their HD codec now from other apps), i've seen such in SD playback of TS files and LiveTV.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hey guys,

I have a reproducable problem with this build: Switching between certain HD channels lets MP crash.
    My setup:
    Win7 64
    CoreAVC 2.0 codec
    Skystar HD2 DVBS2 card
    Astra 19.2

Steps to reproduce:
    Start MP, enter TV on an SD channel, switch to "Das Erste HD", then to "Servus TV HD".

Had issues with switching between HD channels with the previous builds also, so this may not be a new problem. The behavior was not that clear, however.

Thanks for this great software!

CU,
    Sepp.

I have the same problem.

Win 7 32
    CoreAVC 2.0
    FireDTV DVB-C (Driver 5.7)
    Nvidia 9500 GT (Driver 195.62)

Logs attached.
    SD channel - HD (DR HD Danish) - National Geo HD

:D

Is mediaportal realy _crashing_ ?
    Or do you just get the "application stopped responding" dialog window?

Because if you just get this, then please wait for a few minutes and see if the channel starts to play (as it did here during TsReader refaturing testing).
    You might found a way to crash TsReader then.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I'm having issues with my HDHomeRun being detected as a DVB-C tuner and I'm unable to put it in ATSC mode.
    The developers of HDHomeRun once got in contact with us, because they said that they want to improve the support for their device in MP.

Sadly we never heared from them after that. And we also have no developer who is located in the US. All the ATSC/NA-Sat support has been added "blindly" by developers from europe.
    I fear that as long as no developer from the US shows up and helps us, we wont be able to make NA-Sat/ATSC any better than it is today.

:sorry:

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009

Can anybody from MP team test the 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts uploaded to ftp?

About 35 sec of SD TV, when in live TV - freezed on first frame. Trying to play with MyVideo - first frame, then freeze or ends playing.
    Clean reinstalled both server and client - (1.1b +svn24669), even with default settings (MPC Mpeg2 Video Decoder (Gabest) + MPC MPA) - still no luck.
    VLC or MPCHC = Ok.

If You can play this tsbuffer - would You please share Your codec settings?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Can anybody from MP team test the 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts uploaded to ftp?

About 35 sec of SD TV, when in live TV - freezed on first frame. Trying to play with MyVideo - first frame, then freeze or ends playing.
    Clean reinstalled both server and client - (1.1b +svn24669), even with default settings (MPC Mpeg2 Video Decoder (Gabest) + MPC MPA) - still no luck.
    VLC or MPCHC = Ok.

Tested with MPC-MPV and Windows 7 DTV codecs, both the same result:
    • 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - only shows one frame for a second, then playback ends
    • 24669_unable_to_play-live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - plays nicely

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Found one small issue though - after starting TV I can not start a recorded show. If I stop TV and then start it its Ok.
    Just tested here:
    1. MyTV
    2. tune N24
    3. go to recordings
    4. select any recording
    5. press "okay"
    6. LiveTV Stops and recording plays

W7 - multiseat

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

VLC or MPCHC = Ok.

Tested with MPC-MPV and Windows 7 DTV codecs, both the same result:
    • 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - only shows one frame for a second, then playback ends
    • 24669_unable_to_play-live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - plays nicely

Not able to find a non-working configuration. Both plays fine ( XP/w7 Video : PDVD/MS-DTV/MPC Mpeg2 Audio: ffdaudio/MSDTV/Spdifer )

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Is mediaportal realy _crashing_ ?
    Or do you just get the "application stopped responding" dialog window?

Because if you just get this, then please wait for a few minutes and see if the channel starts to play (as it did here during TsReader refaturing testing).
    You might found a way to crash TsReader then.

I think the error message is "Mediaportal has stopped working", which is if I understand it correctly the normal Win7 way to say it has crashed. Haven't tried to wait for anything to happen, though.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

hey guys,

have the weekend for myself and guess... Before: some unused hardware; After: MP test machine ;)

It's the old hardware of an 1.0.2 installation.

Tested this new SVN and have trouble with HD files. I use the MPC and/or the PDVD9 codec for h264 and other HD contents. Everyhting worked fine before (MP 1.0.2). But if I now start the HD files, I get many stucks and it won't run fluently.
    Playing the same files in graphedit/windows media player/MP1.0.2 with the same codecs, it runs smooth. In the logs, the file is started from a networkshare, but I promise, that I tried this also from the local harddrive.
    We also need your TsReader.log which is not in your zip from your previous post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom