MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Is mediaportal realy _crashing_ ?
    Or do you just get the "application stopped responding" dialog window?

Because if you just get this, then please wait for a few minutes and see if the channel starts to play (as it did here during TsReader refaturing testing).
    You might found a way to crash TsReader then.

I think the error message is "Mediaportal has stopped working", which is if I understand it correctly the normal Win7 way to say it has crashed.
    no it is not.
    it just means that the application stoped responding. ;)
    this can mean that it frozen for some reason, or it is just busy with something and does not respond.

in case of MP, it is possible that you are suffering from a TsReader problem.
    I encountered such here as well. After ~30seconds, it did play the media normally.
    we need to knw if this is the case for you as well, and if it is so, we could need a sample of this media + logs.

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country

Here's a bug I think... I also noticed this on the previous couple of SVN's.

After scanning for channels, and going to the channel list, unticking what you don't. If you navigate to the next tab, and then back, all the channels you've unticked are now ticked again. Pretty annoying!

So what I did was untick what I didn't want, click OK to save/close the window. Then open it again and do what I wanted in the next tab over.

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland

TV Server creates broken .ts files.

Am I the only one that has this problem ? :(
    This happens both in Live TV and in Recordings.

See

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-24669-rar-75857/index3.html#post557923
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24553-rar-75169/index16.html#post554026
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24553-rar-75169/index16.html#post554034

Also here I have an dvb-t tuning file for my region to be added to the project.

Attachments

• Ísland.Skagafjörður.xml
      30.7 KB

Laban

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2007
    Luleå
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Here's a .ts file with the evr.log and tswriter log, a switch between three hd channels, first one worked. the other two got a green screen. The file wouldn't play in wmp either.

Might add that i did another try and then i got a black screen when i started watching and a black screen after the switch. Sound worked. That .ts file actually worked when i played it in wmp though. I might do another archive with this file if it helps

The attached files are multiple-archive zip files and i had to rename them to be able to upload them. Org suffixes was zip.001,zip.002

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009

Can anybody from MP team test the 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts uploaded to ftp?

About 35 sec of SD TV, when in live TV - freezed on first frame. Trying to play with MyVideo - first frame, then freeze or ends playing.
    Clean reinstalled both server and client - (1.1b +svn24669), even with default settings (MPC Mpeg2 Video Decoder (Gabest) + MPC MPA) - still no luck.
    VLC or MPCHC = Ok.

If You can play this tsbuffer - would You please share Your codec settings?
    Tested with MPC-MPV and Windows 7 DTV codecs, both the same result:
    • 24669_freeze_live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - only shows one frame for a second, then playback ends
    • 24669_unable_to_play-live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts - plays nicely

Not able to find a non-working configuration. Both plays fine ( XP/w7 Video : PDVD/MS-DTV/MPC Mpeg2 Audio: ffdaudio/MSDTV/Spdifer )

Well, I see You do not use neither PDVD nor MPC MPA audio in Your case.

In my (XP) setup I tried to do the trick and installed AC3Filter - and guess what? I am able to play this and other files.
    (I have fixed number of SD channels with 100% reproducible issue, the most strange is - from different transponders).
    But I never suffered from PDVD Audio or MPC MPA Audio problems before.
    Even more - if revert to TSReader-24618, I _can_ play these files with my previous tested and used setups, using these (PDVD9 or MPC MPA) audio codecs.
    So this narrowing the choice of usable ones looks like workaround for current SVN, IMHO.

UPD My previously uploaded 24669_unable_to_play-live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts plays nicely both with (TSReader-24618 + PDVD/MPC MPA audio) or (current SVN TSReader + AC3Filter).

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Ok, this issue has been with MP a very long time and I hope that this could bring some light into the issue since this is the only reason I turned to the dark side of MD***. I tried different OSs, drivers, firmwares and different CA modules. They all show the same behaviour. I got 2 floppydtvs and they both drop the CAM.

The problem has got an ugly workaround and that is to have CI.exe from DE running in the background. This is by far no solution and other issues comes into play when using it. The time MP has a connection with the CAM varies from time to time but mostly it's just seconds for me. Pulling the CAM out and reinserting it solves the issue for the moment but after just a few seconds it's back again. Previewing channels in tvsetup after making sure the CI menu (in tvsetup) is accessible is no problem at all for a short period of time. After that, the CI menu is inaccessible.

This is just a few threads with people experiencing this with floppydtv cards:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rver-90/flopptdtv-loses-connection-cam-70120/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...annels-sometimes-working-sometimes-not-71653/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tostartgraph-after-tuning-scrambled-ch-46600/

So to help with this issue here's some logs, don't let the tv.log confuse you with the initial detection of MD***. That is a leftover from the past and is now properly uninstalled.

Please please help or let me help you more :(

I have a FloppyDTv-T with CAM : no issue at all. It's runnign latest firmware and latest drivers.

Simone

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

Well, I see You do not use neither PDVD nor MPC MPA audio in Your case.

In my (XP) setup I tried to do the trick and installed AC3Filter - and guess what? I am able to play this and other files.
    (I have fixed number of SD channels with 100% reproducible issue, the most strange is - from different transponders).
    But I never suffered from PDVD Audio or MPC MPA Audio problems before.
    Even more - if revert to TSReader-24618, I _can_ play these files with my previous tested and used setups, using these (PDVD9 or MPC MPA) audio codecs.
    So this narrowing the choice of usable ones looks like workaround for current SVN, IMHO.

UPD My previously uploaded 24669_unable_to_play-live2-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts plays nicely both with (TSReader-24618 + PDVD/MPC MPA audio) or (current SVN TSReader + AC3Filter).

Youre right PDVD+MPC-MPA plays some secs without sound and stops. I've blamed MPC-MPA for a long time because it is unabled to play MPEG streams of some TV channels.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales

I'm getting this in the error log for TV server:

Code:
    2010-01-09 11:43:11.802052 [Powerscheduler Timer]: TVController:ValidateTvControllerParams - incorrect parameters used! cardId 1 _cards.ContainsKey(cardId) == False CardPresent False
    2010-01-09 11:43:11.803053 [Powerscheduler Timer]:    at TvService.TVController.ValidateTvControllerParams(Int32 cardId, Boolean checkCardPresent)
       at TvService.TVController.IsGrabbingEpg(Int32 cardId)
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.EpgGrabbingHandler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.CheckForStandby()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
       at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Any ideas what's causing this? I don't know if it's actually causing a problem, but I noticed it in the error log so thought I'd mention it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Am I the only one that has this problem ? :(
    Well, at least it appears so...
    Did you try a complete clean reinstall of TvServer and MP?
    Can you test your TvCard(s) with an other application to make sure that they are still working?
    If they do, can you install the last working MP version and try if it is still working?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I'm getting this in the error log for TV server:

Code:
    2010-01-09 11:43:11.802052 [Powerscheduler Timer]: TVController:ValidateTvControllerParams - incorrect parameters used! cardId 1 _cards.ContainsKey(cardId) == False CardPresent False
    2010-01-09 11:43:11.803053 [Powerscheduler Timer]:    at TvService.TVController.ValidateTvControllerParams(Int32 cardId, Boolean checkCardPresent)
       at TvService.TVController.IsGrabbingEpg(Int32 cardId)
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.EpgGrabbingHandler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.CheckForStandby()
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
       at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Any ideas what's causing this? I don't know if it's actually causing a problem, but I noticed it in the error log so thought I'd mention it.
    I am going to repeat this again.

Attach ALL LOGS not just one or parts of one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom