MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Hi,

I tried to install a mpi file (MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - German TV-Logos 1.2 (MPI)) which resulted in the message:

This is a old format file. MpiInstaller will be used to install it

followed by:

The system cannot find the file specified

and finally:

installer_exception.png

No logs have been produced so I can't provide any...

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Hi,

I tried to install a mpi file (MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - German TV-Logos 1.2 (MPI)) which resulted in the message:

This is a old format file. MpiInstaller will be used to install it

followed by:

The system cannot find the file specified

and finally:

View attachment 53629

No logs have been produced so I can't provide any...

Just right click on mpi, then select run with... and select mpiinstaller executable instead of mpeinstaller. and all will work properly

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008

Hi All,

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but I had problems using TV with latest SVN/Windows 7 (first time for me to use MediaPortal with Windows 7 so not sure if the issue was there previously)

Checking the logs and I was getting the following error.

Code:
    [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:Failed to open file:rtsp://media-server/stream2.0 :0x80004005

Server side there didn't appear to be anything amiss in streaming server.log,
    Code:
    Stream server:Setup stream server for ip: 192.168.1.2 and tv.

and tv.log showed live tv buffer was up correctly, and I could even play the TS files directly on the TvServer. I then tried VLC and the stream didn't work there either, so I done a quick check with netstat to see what pid owned port 554 and it turns out the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service was listening on that port which was preventing live555 from listening on that port.

Should you be detecting this in the install process, or at least log in streaming server.log that binding to port 554 failed. This may hinder some computer illiterate users when starting out with MediaPortal which I assume nobody wants.

Anyway, after disabling the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and restarting tvservice all was well.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

CCob: I had the same problem a few hours ago, for me restarting both machines (client and server) solved the problem...

CCob

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008

@CCob: I had the same problem a few hours ago, for me restarting both machines (client and server) solved the problem...

If it's the same issue then maybe it's a race on which service gets to listen on port 554 first, so the problem may come back for you. I would suggest disabling the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, that way TvService shouldn't have any problems binding to port 554.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Just posted this problem long time ago but as it is still present I redo it again:

When changing settings from within MP (not the config.exe) for example which codecs to use these settings are not getting persistent if you switch off the pc by acpi (or via rc).

If you quit MP before shutdown the settings are beeing saved properly.

Can anyone confirm this?

franjorge

Portal Member
    November 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi,

I am not quite sure if this is a MP or a video drivers issue, so I though it would be better to ask before opening a support topic.

The PC where MP is running is a laptop attached to my LCD TV via HDMI.

This is what is nagging me:

1) I need to pause a video that I am watching in MP.
    2) While the video is paused, I switch to a TV channel in my TV, ie. I tell the TV to no longer display the HDMI input, but a normal aerial TV channel.
    3) When later I switch back to the HDMI input on the TV, instead of the paused MP video, I only get a black screen on the TV.

On the laptop's display I get the black display, too. The only way to get MP back is to launch the Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), kill the MP process and restart it.

Some more details:

Windows 7 with latest updates
    Intel Mobile Graphics Card with latest drivers
    MP Revision:24669

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

If it's the same issue then maybe it's a race on which service gets to listen on port 554 first, so the problem may come back for you. I would suggest disabling the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, that way TvService shouldn't have any problems binding to port 554.
    Thx, I will do that!

However, shouldn't the default port be changed if it's used by Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service?

Hi,

I am not quite sure if this is a MP or a video drivers issue, so I though it would be better to ask before opening a support topic.

The PC where MP is running is a laptop attached to my LCD TV via HDMI.

This is what is nagging me:

1) I need to pause a video that I am watching in MP.
    2) While the video is paused, I switch to a TV channel in my TV, ie. I tell the TV to no longer display the HDMI input, but a normal aerial TV channel.
    3) When later I switch back to the HDMI input on the TV, instead of the paused MP video, I only get a black screen on the TV.

On the laptop's display I get the black display, too. The only way to get MP back is to launch the Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), kill the MP process and restart it.

Some more details:

Windows 7 with latest updates
    Intel Mobile Graphics Card with latest drivers
    MP Revision:24669
    You'll need to provide logs if you want that a dev looks into the problem.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I was watching LiveTV and used graphstudio and noticed that it was using the MPC decoder. I've installed the latest SAF and wanted to use the Cyberlink decoder, so I loaded the config to change the codecs, and the config hung up whilst I was doing that.

My internet also stopped working in the meantime, so I reconfigured the TCP settings to manual.

After I hard closed the config and loaded MP, I got a home menu with only the background, no items to select. I tried disabling the RSS ticker in case that was causing the problem due to not being able to access the Internet. Subsequent attempts to load MP resulted in it displaying nothing at all once it had loaded, so I could still see my wallpaper on the TV, although MP was in the taskbar. I also tried disabling the Weather, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series plugins, which made no difference.

After I rebooted, everything seems to be working again. Might not be a MP problem but I thought I'd upload the logs in case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom