MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmannz

Portal Member
December 18, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
OSD for current position/watched segment issue in Recorded TV

I have noticed that that the green/red bar that shows the current program position isn't working correctly, or how I think it used to work.

The bar area shows the program duration, and I think it used to be all green, with a red section highlighting the watched piece and two little triangles, top and bottom, indicating the current position.

Now when I press pause the green bar is usually only a part way along the full length. As I watch the program the red bar works it's way up towards the end of the green. If I skip past the end of the green section the green disappears completely and is replaced by red. When the OSD disappears the red bar is often left on screen for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else seeing this and can anyone confirm how the bars should be working?

Love Mediaportal!

Cheers
Matt.

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

@CCob: I had the same problem a few hours ago, for me restarting both machines (client and server) solved the problem...

If it's the same issue then maybe it's a race on which service gets to listen on port 554 first, so the problem may come back for you. I would suggest disabling the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, that way TvService shouldn't have any problems binding to port 554.

In my case the Streaming Server simply could not open the ts buffer nor an recorded ts-file. The Log showed that. I belive that the Streaming Server needs to be checked.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24669-rar-75857/index22.html#post559938

mattmannz

Portal Member
    December 18, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

aley

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2008
    Nice
    Home Country
    France France

hi
    My config.
    MB Asus M4A78-VM
    CPU Phenom II x4 95e
    Ram 2x2Go Corsair
    GC Ati readom 3200HD serie
    TV Tuner Asus P7131 H
    and PS3-100 turned off
    OS Windows 7 Edition Intégrale x32
    WMPlayer 12
    MP1.1Beta1

I decris my BP wiht 1.1Beta 1 Rev 23491 clasic Download in MP Home page.
    My Tv carde d'nt have signale in DVB-T.
    sime for analog tv but d'nt use this.
    but it haved signal wiht other soft , (W7 Média Center, pouchin TV Mod... ... ...) and good TV quality

with SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669
    I have every chanels in use to the DVB-t in P7131 tv card
    18 clasic chanels aviable in France & 1 hd Chanel (single HD chanel in France sorry)
    very thank for u work.

but wiht W7mediacenter FM radio is aviable to this card Asus

W7 can use the FM tuner but no MP.
    I test them and come back if I have bug.
    for now is very fine
    thank
    sorry for my verry bad english.
    alex

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

Quick question - new to this SVN lark (installed on a client newbuild with win7)

Will I also have to install this SVN on my TV server system to allow them to communicate - TV server currently running 1.1 Beta. using either IP address or server name fails in TV section with database error (server connected and all ports seem OK). Firewall on server is off and UAC on client and server are disabled.

Cheers

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi there,

I have two problems which I was wondering if anyone had seen before (I did briefly post about one of them but was away from home so didn't have my logs to post).

The first problem is that with all DVB-T channels, it seems to default to the wrong audio channel (i.e. the Narration for visually impaired). manually changing the stream works fine, but it seems that every channel tunes to the wrong one and I can't change the default. The log attached for this one shows a channel being tuned, followed by manually selecting the right stream followed by the playback being stopped and MP exited. DVB-S seems to select the correct one without problem.

The second problem is that on some DVB-T channels (Could be DVB-S too, but only seen on DVB-T so far), I select to view from the guide, the card indicates that it is timeshifting, but there is not video or audio played (TV Guide remains on the screen like it has hung - and will only respond to two presses of STOP, which then reactivates the TV Guide and stops the timeshifting on the DVB-T card). This only happens with some channels, for example FIVER works, but DAVE doesn't. The log attached for this one shows a channel (DAVE) being selected for about 20 seconds or so, followed by me pressing stop twice and then exiting MP.

I have also attached the codec graph to show my codec configuration whilst playing a DVB-T channel.

My father seems to have exactly the same problems on his PC too.

Thanks

Robbo100

Attachments

• FIVE - Graph from DVB-T working.JPG
      FIVE - Graph from DVB-T working.JPG
      34.8 KB

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

I'm not sure if thishas been reported yet (searched this thread and didn't find it).
    Every so often MP stops playing movies whe you "click" on them and the context menu also stops working. Exiting and restarting seems to fix it. The log has these errors in it:

Code:
    2010-01-16 23:07:58.313476 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo cannot be cast to [B]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo. Type A originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.4.3961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'F:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'. Type B originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.4.3961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'F:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2010-01-16 23:08:06.106445 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo cannot be cast to [B]MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogYesNo. Type A originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.4.3961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'F:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'. Type B originates from 'Dialogs, Version=1.0.4.3961, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'F:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\plugins\windows\Dialogs.dll'.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.PlayMovieFromPlayList(Boolean askForResumeMovie, Int32 iMovieIndex)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2010-01-16 23:09:12.771484 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidCastException: [A]MapSettings cannot be cast to [B]MapSettings. Type A originates from 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.0.4.3974, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadFrom' at location 'F:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\WindowPlugins.dll'. Type B originates from 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.0.4.3974, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' at location 'F:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\plugins\windows\WindowPlugins.dll'.
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterMapSettings.Write3_MapSettings(Object o)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o)
       at Databases.Folders.FolderSettingsSqlLite.AddFolderSetting(String strPath, String Key, Type type, Object Value)
    2010-01-16 23:09:12.773437 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :There was an error generating the XML document.
    2010-01-16 23:09:12.774414 [ERROR][MPMain]:   site      :Void Serialize(System.Xml.XmlWriter, System.Object, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializerNamespaces, System.String, System.String)
    2010-01-16 23:09:12.774414 [ERROR][MPMain]:   source    :System.Xml
    2010-01-16 23:09:12.775390 [ERROR][MPMain]:   stacktrace:   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o)
       at Databases.Folders.FolderSettingsSqlLite.AddFolderSetting(String strPath, String Key, Type type, Object Value)

If this is already a known problem then apologies for the distracting post. If not then I'll try to get it reproducable.

Ian

I have not been able to determine a predictable way of reproducing this problem. It manifests as the interface acting up, context menus not working and movies not starting when you click on them. The only to clear it is to go into MP configuration tool and make a small change. just stopping and restarting MP does not clear the problem.

I have got a full set of logs though.

Regards

Ian

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

The first problem is that with all DVB-T channels, it seems to default to the wrong audio channel (i.e. the Narration for visually impaired). manually changing the stream works fine, but it seems that every channel tunes to the wrong one and I can't change the default. The log attached for this one shows a channel being tuned, followed by manually selecting the right stream followed by the playback being stopped and MP exited. DVB-S seems to select the correct one without problem.

Unfortunately currently there is no way to tell MP to use the 2nd audio stream. Sounds like the broadcaster sends the narration for visual impaired stream as the 1st one.

19-01-2010 19:26:26.406 [aa4] audio pid: 40 language: eng type: MPEG2 - audio
    19-01-2010 19:26:26.406 [aa4] audio pid: 41 language: eng type: MPEG2 - audio

With that information it is not possible to make any automatic selection. Usually broadcasters are using some other language than the native one as stream language for those special streams (like in Finland its Dutch).

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

"With that information it is not possible to make any automatic selection. Usually broadcasters are using some other language than the native one as stream language for those special streams (like in Finland its Dutch)."

It probably "finnish" in Finland and "dutch" in Holland :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom