MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Cool'n'Quiet disabled by TV-function?

Hello MLH01,

this is my current configuration (in addition to the things mentioned in my profile):

Fresh Windows XP Home install with all updates
    Catalyst 9.5
    SAF 4.0 beta22
    MP 1.1 SVN 08.01.10

All Codecs are configured 1:1 according to the SAF installation guide i.e. Mpeg2 / h.264: PDVD9, AC3:ffdshow, AAC:Monogram no post-processing whatsoever. ffdshow is configured for audio-passthrough to my Yamaha receiver.

I am using Speedfan 4.40 to monitor temperatures and to automatically adjust fan-speeds.
    AMD-Power Monitor is installed to show the current core speed/voltage an utilization.
    Disabling both of these programs doesn't make a difference

I just restored my previous installation (MP1.1beta, custom Codec configuration (AC3filter, HD-Pack)) and Cool'n'Quiet worked like a charm.

With the installation described above, C'n'Q will stop adjusting core speeds as soon as live-TV is being started. Noteworthy the CPU utilization will never raise above 10% while watching TV (mostly below 5%). C'n'Q will not work again until I manually change powersaving plans.

Tomorrow I will restore my XP image right before the installation of MP 1.1SVN and install 1.1beta instead. Let's see if I encounter the same issue. In this case SAF might be the problem.

Cheers, DiePlage

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

You might need to enable 'Show system specs' in your profile under 'Edit your details' in the User CP section. That way others can get a more complete picture of your setup.

I must admit, I have no idea what could be causing your Windows power settings to change. It sounds more like a software issue (since you had it working in previous versions). Are there any hints in the logs around the time you turn on live TV?

MLH01.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi MLH01,

I wasn't even aware of this setting! Now you should be able to see my specs.

For now I've restored an image of the windows installation (including utilities and drivers) I was using for SVN 080110. I will set up MP 1.1beta on it and see, whether the problem remains. If so then the SVN snapshot is unlikely to be the cause.
    If the problem doesn't exist with MP1.1beta, I will reinstall the SVN snapshot and post complete logs.
    Right now I don't see another way to narrow it down.

Is there anyone else using quite plain XP home SP3 + SAF4.0b22 + SVN 080110 on AMD hardware who can check whether C'n'Q is working while watching live DVBS?

Cheers and Thanks!

DiePlage

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

MP-crashes very often.
    I'm working in a multiclient-setup.

Nearly every day the clients crash (freeze) when you try to start watching LiveTV.
    After a restart of the TVServer everything is working again (for about 24h).

At the attachment you will find my logs. After a first scan of the files I can not see anything unusual.

boxbooster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

I have problems installing the client version of this SVN in a client-server environment. Maybe someone can help me with this error. It says that the tvplugin version doesn't match to the mediaportal version. I checked this and there really is the older version of the tvplugin.dll installed. Can someone post the new one? Already tried installing the SVN from scratch - didn't work.

Thanks a lot!!!

bb

Attachments

• dll error.JPG
      dll error.JPG
      33.9 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi,

I have problems installing the client version of this SVN in a client-server environment. Maybe someone can help me with this error. It says that the tvplugin version doesn't match to the mediaportal version. I checked this and there really is the older version of the tvplugin.dll installed. Can someone post the new one? Already tried installing the SVN from scratch - didn't work.

Thanks a lot!!!

bb

There are two installers in the SVN build. One is for mediaportal, the other is for TV. Run them both on client, not just the one!

Mark

l3g0r

Portal Member
    November 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Hi
    I have found a bug in dvb-c spain euskaltel channel scan frecuencyes.

<DVBCTuning>
    690000 and 698000

one 0 is missing.(red)
    Thanks.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

MP seems to be setting the process priority to Realtime automatically, even though I have set AboveNormal in config. This was working fine in previous SVNs. What's going on?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

MP seems to be setting the process priority to Realtime automatically, even though I have set AboveNormal in config. This was working fine in previous SVNs. What's going on?

Does the normal prioroity setting work ok?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom