MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

Some more information about this ¿bug?. I found when the recording is deleted.

If I schedule a manual recording (fixing channel, beging time and end time) not using guide.

When the recording is started the symbol (red button in upper right corner) shows, but in the tv menu the option is "start recording", and not "stop recording".

If I stop the recording deleting the scheduled recording (it is started, I need to go to "active recordings", select it and press 0) the record stops. It shows in the recording lists (with 0:00 duration) but I can play it. If I stop the play the recording is missing. It is not listed anymore.

I attach log.

Attachments

• tv.rar
    30.6 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

ianc,

thanks for the tip about the new imdb script. That's one less thing to worry about :)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I can't find any related posts, so I will give it a try.

If I use the original MCE Remote and use the native support in MP, the numbers won't work (but sound for pressing is played). If I press e.g. 5, the Mediaportal.txt (logfile) tells me, that "NumPad5 pressed", but "NumPad5 not mapped".
    If I map these keys myself, I can ZAP in LiveTV and use the SMS function to navigate to movies beginning with a letter. Pressing two different numbers, the movie isn't searched by 2 letters, the first one just changes. (keypress sound is played twice, but if I press 5, it shows the "j", so there are no doubleclicks, just doubled sounds)
    If I use the virtual keyboard and I press a number, then the number is there twice.

NumPad not working out of the box -> Mapping it -> doubleclicks

Tried this with Vista and 7. Bot the same in the logs.

Just plugged the remote in, no other drivers or registry hacks.

MovingPictures is working with the SMS usage thing.

Can upload some logs later this day if wanted.

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Froad View Post
    Yes, I have ticked the box "free to air" in the channel configuration. I am not sure about the significans of the colour-marking when looking at the channel list but the FTA chanels have a green marking witch I think indicates FTA (the non-FTA channels are marked in red).

However, there might be something fishy going on here as they remain green (interpreted by me as FTA) even when i remove the FTA status of the channel (untick the box)?

Fredrik
    My Irish DVB-T channels all come in marked red (encrypted) even though they aren't. They play fine. The FTA tick box made no difference to the colour or the reception. Is the tick box actually driving anything?

Also would like to know I if the FTA-box has any function? I did a database repair (mySQL) and now all but one of the FTA channels are marked in red. Also ticking the box on my scrambled channels makes no difference regarding reception...

New rescan but still the same problem - also notice the difference in previously submitted .log files regarding signal quality/strength with as compared to without CAM-card inserted

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Cool'n'Quiet disabled by TV-function?

Any idea about the power management thing? I'd really love to get C'n'Q back as it is essential to my cooling concept.

If you need any additional information (logs, etc), please let me know!

Cheers!

Hello everyone,

i noticed an annoying thing in this SVN-builld: Whenever I turn on the TV-function for the first time, Cool'n'Quiet seems completely disabled afterwards. I can see that the core-speeds of both CPU cores aren't being adjusted anymore even if the system is 100% idle.
    I can re-enable Cool'n'Quiet by simply entering windows' control panel -> energy and clicking OK again on the appropriate power-saving plan.

This is not only annoying because of the power consumption but it will also raise the CPU's temperature above the CPU-fan's threshold.

I have always watched core-speeds and power-consumption very closely and can therefor say by sure that this behaviour wasn't there in 1.1 beta1 (which was the last version I ran).

I could restore a previous image just to be sure though, if you need me to.

I would be very glad if someone knew how to fix this as power consumption as well as noise is always crucial with HTPCs.

Cheers,

DiePlage

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Some more information about this ¿bug?. I found when the recording is deleted.

If I schedule a manual recording (fixing channel, beging time and end time) not using guide.

When the recording is started the symbol (red button in upper right corner) shows, but in the tv menu the option is "start recording", and not "stop recording".

If I stop the recording deleting the scheduled recording (it is started, I need to go to "active recordings", select it and press 0) the record stops. It shows in the recording lists (with 0:00 duration) but I can play it. If I stop the play the recording is missing. It is not listed anymore.

I attach log.

See: 0002662: Recordings get deleted when they finish - MediaPortal Bugtracker

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Cool'n'Quiet disabled by TV-function?

Any idea about the power management thing? I'd really love to get C'n'Q back as it is essential to my cooling concept.

If you need any additional information (logs, etc), please let me know!

Cheers!

Hello everyone,

i noticed an annoying thing in this SVN-builld: Whenever I turn on the TV-function for the first time, Cool'n'Quiet seems completely disabled afterwards. I can see that the core-speeds of both CPU cores aren't being adjusted anymore even if the system is 100% idle.
    I can re-enable Cool'n'Quiet by simply entering windows' control panel -> energy and clicking OK again on the appropriate power-saving plan.

This is not only annoying because of the power consumption but it will also raise the CPU's temperature above the CPU-fan's threshold.

I have always watched core-speeds and power-consumption very closely and can therefor say by sure that this behaviour wasn't there in 1.1 beta1 (which was the last version I ran).

I could restore a previous image just to be sure though, if you need me to.

I would be very glad if someone knew how to fix this as power consumption as well as noise is always crucial with HTPCs.

Cheers,

DiePlage
    Hi DiePlage.

Can you post your system specs, OS, codecs etc (or fill in the details through the user control panel)? Any hardware/BIOS update changes since updating to this SVN?

On my system (Win7 x86, this SVN, Athlon II x2 235e), CnQ is operating during TV playback as expected. Watching a 1080i TV program uses around 30-40% CPU and 70-80% of maximum CPU frequency.

MLH01.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shortly after changing channel, just after 22:00, MP started loop repeating about 1 second of the programme about 10 times, then settled down but almost immediately stopped the feed completely and dumped me back to the Guide.

This may have coincided with a recording finishing on another channel.

This looping also happened several times last night, when I wasn't recording anything, but I interrupted it by pausing or rewinding or something, which may be why it didn't stop the feed and dump me back to the Guide.

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

TS Reader stops working. newly set up win7 64bit only for testing purposes. had crashes under xp too.

Channel was HD, run about 3-4 hours. I was AFK, no user input.

(Used a SSD under XP, so its probably not a speed problem (?), if its the same problem)

any suggestions what to do/try?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source
    MediaPortal

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎27.‎01.‎2010 14:41

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.4.24669
    Application Timestamp: 4b468683
    Fault Module Name: TsReader.ax
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b447bdf
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000710b
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2055