MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-08-2010 02-15h - Revision:24669.rar

I was experiencing some crazy channel changing behaviour in LiveTV. I've now worked out that it's because the blue button on my Hauppauge remote is mapped to Autozap.

The only way I've found so far to stop it going crazy is to stop LiveTV and restart it, but as I don't really know what Autozap's supposed to do or how it's supposed to work it might not be a bug.

I can't find any information on Autozap in these forums or the documentation, so could someone please explain it to me so that I can know whether I should file a bug report or not.

Froad

Portal Member
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Hi

Since the install of the this SVN I experience a very strange problem with the TV-part of MP. I have DVB-C provided by ComHem (Sweden) and use the TerraTec H7 USB reciever.

My problem: If I enable my CAM non of the free to air channels are working (unable to start graph) but all of the encrypted ones work fine. If I disable the CAM in the TV-server configuration all the free to air programs work fine but of course none of the encoded ones

I can add that both scrambled and unscrambled programs work fine with the TerraTec software.

Attaching logs only from the TV-server (as I can reproduce the outcome with preview in TV-server not using the rest of MP). The working files are with CAM disabled and the non-working files are with CAM enabled.

Any ideas?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country

Hi there,

Not stating the obvious, are the FTA channels set as FTA in each of the channel configs?

J.

Froad

Portal Member
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Yes, I have ticked the box "free to air" in the channel configuration. I am not sure about the significans of the colour-marking when looking at the channel list but the FTA chanels have a green marking witch I think indicates FTA (the non-FTA channels are marked in red).

However, there might be something fishy going on here as they remain green (interpreted by me as FTA) even when i remove the FTA status of the channel (untick the box)?

Fredrik

Marst

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Yes, I have ticked the box "free to air" in the channel configuration. I am not sure about the significans of the colour-marking when looking at the channel list but the FTA chanels have a green marking witch I think indicates FTA (the non-FTA channels are marked in red).

However, there might be something fishy going on here as they remain green (interpreted by me as FTA) even when i remove the FTA status of the channel (untick the box)?

Fredrik

I have same problem . databaze is in SQL.

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV client stops and buffer lost when changing window mode

The following is more likely a lack of feature than a bug but if I use Alt>Enter to change from full screen to windowed mode or vise versa the TV client stops and goes back to the guide or menu. The buffer is also lost at this point which is a more serious issue if you happened to have paused Live TV during the Super Bowl.

Attachments

• tv.bak
      30.6 KB

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

win7 x64 evr with coreavc, playing an x264 mkv. Everything works fine, except when you skip it seems to just show black for the video until a reference frame.

edit: also happens with ffdshow rendering.

nevermind, this isn't in this SVN version, will post this on the thread about evr dropping frames.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cool'n'Quiet disabled by TV-function?

Hello everyone,

i noticed an annoying thing in this SVN-builld: Whenever I turn on the TV-function for the first time, Cool'n'Quiet seems completely disabled afterwards. I can see that the core-speeds of both CPU cores aren't being adjusted anymore even if the system is 100% idle.
    I can re-enable Cool'n'Quiet by simply entering windows' control panel -> energy and clicking OK again on the appropriate power-saving plan.

This is not only annoying because of the power consumption but it will also raise the CPU's temperature above the CPU-fan's threshold.

I have always watched core-speeds and power-consumption very closely and can therefor say by sure that this behaviour wasn't there in 1.1 beta1 (which was the last version I ran).

I could restore a previous image just to be sure though, if you need me to.

I would be very glad if someone knew how to fix this as power consumption as well as noise is always crucial with HTPCs.

Cheers,

DiePlage

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

If I select the IMDB option from the TV Guide, the results for every film show <div class="info-content"> above the rating info.

Also, if the Plot info is blank, this overwrites the EPG data, leaving me with no information on the film. Perhaps this could be changed so that if the scraped plot info is blank it leaves the EPG data in place.

The scraper still seems to be unable to find more films than it can. Tonight it doesn't recognise The Wicker Man and Day of the Dead for instance.

Also, when exiting the IMDB screen, the Guide gets focused back to the current Live channel, rather than where I was before going into the IMDB screen, which is quite annoying.

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

If I select the IMDB option from the TV Guide, the results for every film show <div class="info-content"> above the rating info.

Also, if the Plot info is blank, this overwrites the EPG data, leaving me with no information on the film. Perhaps this could be changed so that if the scraped plot info is blank it leaves the EPG data in place.

The scraper still seems to be unable to find more films than it can. Tonight it doesn't recognise The Wicker Man and Day of the Dead for instance.

Also, when exiting the IMDB screen, the Guide gets focused back to the current Live channel, rather than where I was before going into the IMDB screen, which is quite annoying.

Doveman - There's a fix for the <div class="info-content"> over on the IMDB AKA scripts thread which hasn't made into the SVNs yet. Gets blown away with every update and doesn't improve the hit rate though :(

Fredrik

My Irish DVB-T channels all come in marked red (encrypted) even though they aren't. They play fine. The FTA tick box made no difference to the colour or the reception. Is the tick box actually driving anything?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom