MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrholm

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Since latest SVN I have also had many times MP crashing with Windows message "MediaPortal stopped working". This happens with TV.

Are you running a separate tv-server? If so I think you have the same issue as I with RTSP skip in multiseat.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

And some extra flickering in MP - Vista / Windows 7. :)

With Cat 10.1 i don't have any flickering anymore - but a lot of glitches and stuttering but not shure if it is the new SVN or Cat 10.1 - updated both at the same time. Running Pal 25fps on 50hz.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

tourettes

With the latest PowerDVD 9-filter (combined MPEG2/H264/VC-1 decoder) you (almost) don't get any flicker any more on ati cards, even on lowend gpus like Radeon 3200 and even if you are browsing through pictures while TV is on.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@tourettes:
    the second error posted by micronicus is the same as mine... Hopefully Hetfield will post his error, too.

Since latest SVN I have also had many times MP crashing with Windows message "MediaPortal stopped working". This happens with TV.

AMD Phenom, onboard Radeon 3300, MPC codecs, Windows 7 X64.

I think this is not a driver/system/HW issue, since similar error has never appeared before, and the problem started immediately after the latest SVN.

Yes, me too. Mediaportal doesn't report any errors in the logs, though. The crashes just happens randomly.

The Windows error logging showed me this:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.0.4.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4b689da0
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: TsReader.ax, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4b6942cf
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x00002870
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1620
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01caa4f3de20e035
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\TsReader.ax
    Berichtskennung: 47a5c740-10e7-11df-9fd4-001d7dd4162d

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it still intended to release another SVN build today..? The reason that I'm asking is that I was about to install this SVN and then read the thread to see it noted below that a new SVN is due out today..?
    If not then I will give this build a go otherwise I will hang on until todays release arrives.

Hi,

I also had to disable RTSP for MP not to crash. Without RTSP the system is running really good on latest SVN. Im at work right now but will try to post logs when i get home.

regards
    Mylle

EDIT:
    I also seem to remember that one of the errors i experienced on the client in RTSP mode was "unable to play stream xx" and when looking in the logs and in the server timshift directory, the file the Client was trying to play did not exist in the timeshift directory.

First, thanks for this SVN. It is very promissing.

My problem is with the Streaming Server and the fact that it fails to open some streams that works fine if I disable RTSP and use UNC paths. If the Streaming Server would be able to stream every file that the tsreader is able to open then this problem would be fixed.

I use DJBlu solution for Sky satellite TV (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-request-here-48/sky-uk-uk-freesat-epg-43261/). If I replace tswriter.ax with his rewritten one then the Streaming Server fails to open the tsbuffer but everything works with UNC paths.

I also have recordings that the Streaming Server fails to open but play perfectly with UNC configuration. See details on
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24669-rar-75857/index22.html#post559938

I just did a fresh install on my TV Server, now with Windows 7 32bit. Previously I had Windows XP 32bit.
    This is a constant problem and is clearly shown in "streaming server.log"

I think with these logs you are using DJBlu's TsReader.ax - you need to be using the one from this SVN to provide sensible logs.

I have also seen problems playing back some recordings, and have tested a fix provided internally to the team, and this resolves the issue. This fix will be in SVN soon, and we intend to release a new public SVN build on Friday with this fix (among others) included.

Best wishes,

Mark

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

@tourettes: I think you´re absolute right with GPU! I just borrowed a NVidia GT 240 with 1 GB GDDR3 and installed it in my machine. And here is the onscreen graph ;)
    Isn´t it amazing? 0 dropped frames and 0 snc glitches! And I have activated nearly all plugins available, especially HTPCInfo (testversion 0.9.1 as described earlier, InfoService, MovingPictures, TVSeries and and and...)
    So I think you´ve done all right. For me MP now works like a charm.
    Unfortunately I have to give this GFX card back and go back to my NVidia 6700 XL, which is more a crap than a GFX card...

I think you will get the same result with a radeon 4350 that you can have for 30 euros.

And some extra flickering in MP - Vista / Windows 7. :)

Oh yeah.
    The good old ATI/NVidia flame war.

@infinityloop:
    Please delete tourettes' irrelevant post from this SVN thread :D:D:D:D

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have a lot of framedrops with hdtv channels here.
    i can playback recorded files in mpc without problems.
    in mp i tried the win 7 h.264 codec and coreavc 2.0 ( on nvidia ion htpc ).
    i only have the framedrops on "ard.hd" and "zdf.hd" - both h.264 720p/50 ( see attached screenshot ).
    on "anixe.hd" i have no framedrops - 1080i/25.
    my dvb-signal should be good, but maybe someone could send me a short ard/zdf hd capture.
    see Framedrops_Client_log.zip @ 05-02-2010 19:15:08.670

:edit: here is a cap from ard.hd where i get the framedrops: http://macgyver.karmafish.net/Das Erste HD - Das Erste HD - 2010-02-05.ts

another "problem" i have is that all tv programs are very blurry, no matter which codec i use or if hardware acceleration is enabled.
    i had that problem with 1.1.0.0 alpha, with the beta it was gone. i've only got the 50hz-material on 60hz-monitor stuttering, but a sharp picture.

besides that everythin works fine, only from time to time i cannot connect to the tv server anymore.
    see Connect_Failed_Client_log.zip @ 2010-02-04 14:52:39.698400 for example.

Attachments

• framedrops.jpg
      framedrops.jpg
      301.8 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MacGyver2k:
    you could provide a sample of ARD HD or ZDF HD. perhaps in the record there are no dropped frames and we can test these samples, too.

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am not running separate TV Server (yet). That is my plan, but now I have a standalone installation.

For those requesting logs/print screens: The crash has not appeared in couple of days. I will post more details when it happens next time. Earlier it came ramdomly couple of times in a day, and started when I updated to this SVN. During weekend I will keep my TV on most of the time and hope to catch the crash.

EDIT: Here is what was found from the event log (see attachment).

Are you running a separate tv-server? If so I think you have the same issue as I with RTSP skip in multiseat.

Attachments

• Event viewer errors.txt
      30.7 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom