MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

EDIT3:
    @tourettes
    if you have downloaded it, please let me know... there is a limit of 10times downloading only and i would be sad, if you won't get a copy :)

I'm unable to reproduce the crash. File plays ok, but it has severe data corruption (bad signal?) around the time you are noticing the crash. If it were TsReader that crashes it should happen on my dev PC as well. So most likely it is video decoder / video cards drivers that cause the issue.

How MP does crash? Just exits to desktop?

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

it's apopup by the OS telling me, that Mediaportal.exe crashed unexpected... i will attach a screenshot in few minutes

EDIT:
    see screenshot

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• crash.jpg
      crash.jpg
      106.6 KB
    • crash2.jpg
      crash2.jpg
      108.2 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

it's apopup by the OS telling me, that Mediaportal.exe crashed unexpected... i will attach a screenshot in few minutes

Seems tho crash in TsReader.ax, but I have no clue why it doesn't happen here.

Maybe something was fixed after SVN was out. Could you try the attached TsReader.ax?

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

tried your attached TsReader, but still the same... MP crashes the same way

EDIT:
    outside MP it's playing back without crashing

EDIT2:
    tourettes:
    tried it with my laptop. It has an Intel graphics inside. MP isn't crashing with this sample. Think you're right. Perhaps, my videodrivers are bad...

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I have previously reported my problems and findings about dropping frames.
    I have two HTPCs.
    On HTPC 1I have massive frame drops. But if I disable the plugins HTPC Info and Moving Pictures I have almost no frame drops at all. HTPC Info is causing the most drops.

However on HTPC 2 I have both Moving Pictues and HTPC Info enabled and almost no frame drops.

Both HTPCs are running Windows 7 x64.
    Both are running the latest SVN.
    They are running almost the same plugins.
    On the HTPC that drops frames I have the TV-server running.
    On the HTPC that drops frames I have ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card and on HTPC2 that does not drop frames I have NVIDIA graphics card.
    The HTPC that drops frames has 4Gb memory and the one that does not drop has 2Gb memory.
    The processors are almost equal. Both HTPCs are dedicated HTPCs not running anything other than MediaPortal and third party plugins.

I have played the same xvid movie in all my tests. The movie is located on a network disk located on a third computer.
    I have not played the movie more than some minutes, but the result is obvious anyway. I have started the movie thought the MediaPortal video plugin and not through Moving Pictures.

I have provided a zipfile containing 4 other log zipfiles.
    1. HTPC Both.zip When both Moving Pictures and HTPC Info are enabled. Massive frame drop
    2. HTPC HTPC Info.zip Moving Pictures is disable but HTPC Info is enabled. Massive frame drop
    3. HTPC Moving.zip Moving Pictures enabled and HTPC Info disabled. Framedrops but not that massiv as zipfile 2.
    If I configure Moving Pictures not to "scrape" while in GUI the number of frames dropt are reduced but they are still more frequent than if the plugin is disabled.
    4. HTPC2 Both.zip HTPC2 with both Moving Pictures and HTPC Info enabled. Almost no framedrops.

Why are my both HTPCs with almost the same software installed behaiving in so very different ways?

/Erik

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    HTPC2 with no frame drops has graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a
    HTPC with massive frame drops has grahics card ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

/Erik

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

tourettes: I think you´re absolute right with GPU! I just borrowed a NVidia GT 240 with 1 GB GDDR3 and installed it in my machine. And here is the onscreen graph ;)
    Isn´t it amazing? 0 dropped frames and 0 snc glitches! And I have activated nearly all plugins available, especially HTPCInfo (testversion 0.9.1 as described earlier, InfoService, MovingPictures, TVSeries and and and...)
    So I think you´ve done all right. For me MP now works like a charm.
    Unfortunately I have to give this GFX card back and go back to my NVidia 6700 XL, which is more a crap than a GFX card...

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
      Image2.jpg
      266.9 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

just for the info about dropping frames and NVIDIA ION (no need for a GT240 :p )

attachment.php

EDIT:
    Got the corrupted stream back. perhaps it's something with nvidia and win7... :(

Attachments

• LiveTV.png
      LiveTV.png
      978 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom