MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

display frequencies are not correct.
    That is queried from Windows itself, not much we can do if it reports wrong refresh rate. I assume you are using 60Hz, where as Windows reports 59.xxx. This could be as well a bug in display drivers if you use DVI/HDMI connection (refresh rate should be exact 60Hz at that case) and if you are using analog connection (s-video, vga) display adapter doesn't usually match the exact requested refresh rate (which is already one source for juddering and dropped frames in worst case).[/QUOTE]
    It was OK in e.g. 24669 (latest official SVN) showing 60 Hz (windows) and 50 Hz (fps).

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

Same as cfforde: A lot of dropped frames and sync glitches

Same here - much worse than previous SVN.
    Don't have logs for the moment but will post them later.

grubi.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

It was OK in e.g. 24669 (latest official SVN) showing 60 Hz (windows) and 50 Hz (fps).

That version was querying the refresh rate from DirectX, which reports only in whole numbers, so even when the refresh rate would have been 59.xxx, it would most likely be reported as 60Hz.

As a first troubleshooting step you need to use PAL 50Hz refresh rate. When that requirement is met we can check the other things like running background plugins etc.

And when nothing else seems to help, we most likely have to state that MP 1.1.0 wont be able to play stutter free video on all PCs.

And please post the required logs :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

MP + TVServer logs ;)

MediaPortal.log seems to be missing. But from the error log I'm able to see that at least HTPC info plugin is used. Please disable that and all other 3rd party plugins before testing again.

2010-02-01 20:14:51.150914 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Speedfan Shared Memory Initialization Error. (Error Code: HTPCInfo.Core.SharedMemoryException: Error accessing shared memory area. (2)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923.rar

Oh, forgot to disable that one! Will come back later with all relevant logs!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just a quick note, I'm currently testing a minor change to dshowhelper.dll's frame scheduling code. It might fix some dropped frames / juddering. But it wont cure badly behaving 3rd party plugins and I need to make sure it will work as good as the current SVN on on my dev PC.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    tourettes
    my opinion is dropped frames back after that change
    0002660: EVR presenter is causing stuttering when 25fps material played on 50Hz - MediaPortal Bugtracker or near it
    becouse last time i created my own svn`s . After Scythe changes dropped frames become low( 1-2 in 5 mins)
    but then its back again. now it ocurs randomly, i can look one channel without huge frame drop and leter get it after zapping back to that channel all later zapped channels with frame dropping too . I always use hdmi 60Hz in my setup.
    my logs
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...64954164-problems-dropping-frames-evr-log.rar

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I always use hdmi 60Hz in my setup.

There will always be playback issues on material where the source FPS wont match the target refresh rate. I wont even try to fix those as it is just mathematically impossibe to have judder free image from 50fps displayed on 60Hz.

Sure the current SVN could handle that situation worse than before, but it is not the main goal to make miracles happen.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm having an issue with 2 of my HTPC's one being whats listed in my usercp, the other is having the same issue but has a nvidia chipset versus the ati..

The issue is when starting MP it gets to "caching graphics..." or Initializing strings.." and freezes with a MP critical error in the background...

the previous SVN worked great..

here are my logs for the ati htpc..

Please test without using Moving Pictures plugin (also clean the skin texture cache).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom