MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

I have *again* been detecting another problem this is related to the changes in mantis 2524 and that does not happen with the core.dll from svn 24975. The latest core.dll has also connection problems with some MPEG2-decoders I tested, so they are not usable anymore within Mediaportal, but they run well with the not updated core.dll from svn 24975.

I selected the DScaler MPEG2 decoder (5.08) within Mediaportal for TV and with the latest svn Mediaportal just freezes after starting MyTV. If I copy the core.dll from 24975 over the latest svn it runs fine without problems!

Two log files included. One with the newer svn that does not run with the DScaler decoder, and one with the copied over core.dll from svn 24975 that does run.

Attachments

• log-svn25035.zip
    30.6 KB
  • log-svn24975.zip
    30.6 KB

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

I have *again* been detecting another problem this is related to the changes in mantis 2524 and that does not happen with the core.dll from svn 24975. The latest core.dll has also connection problems with some MPEG2-decoders I tested, so they are not usable anymore within Mediaportal, but they run well with the not updated core.dll from svn 24975.

I selected the DScaler MPEG2 decoder (5.08) within Mediaportal for TV and with the latest svn Mediaportal just freezes after starting MyTV. If I copy the core.dll from 24975 over the latest svn it runs fine without problems!

Two log files included. One with the newer svn that does not run with the DScaler decoder, and one with the copied over core.dll from svn 24975 that does run.

Reason is that selected filter accepts pin connection when it should not and graph is build just fine. If filter refuses connection then compatible filter with highest merit is added to graph like in old core. You can check old core logs and see that Cyberlink filter was used and not Dscaler. This same is with that mkv file you reported earlier. But these changes seems to be causing more trouble than actually benefits so have to thing reverting - will discuss with team about this. Maybe team is using just right filters as nobody has not reported any problems.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

One bug I found is that when you delete multi-part files (ie CD1 CD2...) from the file menu dialog, it doesn't ask to delete CD2 after deleting CD1.

When I was on 1.02 version it would auto ask whether to delete the next CD.

So where are the logs?

Did it delete the file without asking, or did it not delete the file?

Is this in 'my videos' or some other part of mediaportal?

Sorry, but if you wish to report a bug, you will have to provide more information than this.

Best wishes,

Mark

There is no log. This is a behavioral issue with 1.1 beta which I find to be wrong. It deleted everything OK.

What I find wrong is that in 1.02, when I try to delete a multi-part media file in CD1 CD2 CD3 format, the onscreen dialog would automatically ask whether I want to delete CD2 and CD3 after deleting CD1. But in 1.1beta, this is not done anymore; ie I have to go through the file menu dialog to delete every single CD in the same media (which is a big drag).

rediska

Portal Member
    February 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,
    Since 2 or 3 SVN Builds I have a problem with scanning channels in the tv-server configuration.
    I have a diceq with 2 satellites (hotbird on lnb1 and astra on lnb2). Every time I try to scan for channels I get a Nothing found message after one transponder. If I try to scan on a specific transponder then sometimes I'm successful on the first scan but get the a Nothing found on the next transponder or I get the exception in the first place.
    Scans with the Beta build always worked fine.
    In the logs I did a full scan.
    As a tv card I use the Cinergy S2 without attached CI on a WinXp-pro 32bit machine, single-seat installation.

erikture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hello!

I am using SVN 25046 and I think that it has been much great work done since the latest public SVN.
    The picture quality has improved very much both video and TV. It is not perfect but very well acceptable.

However I have two problems with watching HD-TV. Sometimes when trying to tune a HD the whole computer freezes. No other solution than pressing the power off button is possible. This happens sometimes when accessing it for the first time and sometimes when switching from a SD channel. It does also sometimes happen even if I have pressed stop before selecting a new channel.

As I have to restart the computer I can not provide any logs. The logs that are available does not have anything written into them for several minutes before the crash.

When watching HD channel the picture sometimes freezes after some time, maybee after 30 minutes. The audio is still running. Pressing the stop button and then the start button solves the problem. As this does not happen very often I have no logs here eighter.

This is my HTPC configuration:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

I am aware of that is not easy to solve a problem without any logs but I am not able to provide any.

/Erik

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country

Win7 client crashes sometimes when trying to launch recorded TV. This doesn't happen every time, but most of the time it is repeatable. There doesn't appear to be a problem launching live TV.
    This behavior is new to this SVN, as I was using MP/Client 1.1.0 Beta SVN 23491 until updating to this SVN several days ago.
    The one issue that stands out in the MP log is 2010-02-18 12:22:12.637845 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Attempted to read or write protected memory.
    The server is an XP machine.
    The sequence in the logs is to start MP, turn on liveTV, stop live TV, try to start recorded TV show...CRASH.
    Logs are attached.
    Thoughts?

cokyc

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    problem with HD TV channel

I have problem viewing free dvbt hd channels.

TV start fine, but after some minutes Video stops and MP just restart.

Mediaportal log show this message

[Debug][(13)]: PlaneScene: src : (0,0)-(1920,1080)
    2010-02-18 18:21:58.553600 [Debug][(13)]: PlaneScene: dst : (0,0)-(1280,720)
    2010-02-18 18:26:11.798600 [Info.][(13)]: Planescene caught GPU_HUNG in InternalPresentImage
    2010-02-18 18:26:11.822600 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.doStop() keepTimeShifting = False keepExclusiveModeOn = False
    2010-02-18 18:26:11.830600 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStopped()

My pc is an Asrock ion 330

The problem still exist with any codecs, cyberlink, ms codec on(on seven 32) and MPC-HC
    I tried several combination on my dualboot pc but same results.

1. vista 32 MP 1.0.2
    2. vista 32 1.1 beta with last 3 svn
    3. seven 32 1.1 beta with last 3 svn

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country

I have a thumbnail creation issue with recording from one particular channel. See attached logs. Only recording from KTVU is crashing MTB.exe....

Thumbnailing from other channels are fine. When I was on 1.02, thumbnailing is fine.

Attachments

• log-mp.zip
      30.6 KB
    • log-tvs.zip
      30.6 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

MP was working fine half an hour ago. I left it on the TV Guide with Live TV stopped and now it won't tune in.

I've tried 3 times and each time it just locks up and I have to hard close MP and restart it. Hopefully rebooting will fix whatever the problem is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom