MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

17-02-2010 11:02:13.713 [734]MyQueue: No more space
    17-02-2010 11:02:13.716 [734]MyQueue: No more space
    17-02-2010 11:02:13.718 [734]MyQueue: No more space

For some reason MS codec seems to cause EVR renderer to buffer huge amount of frames. Not sure if this is the reason for crash (most likely). Hopefully you can rip the DVD menus from that specific disk so that those are small enough to be uploaded somewhere. That way I could try to reproduce / debug the issue (with logs only it is helpless).
    Not huge amount of frames just one more than NUM_SURFACES. This should not happen as each PopSample() removes one sample from the queue and the subsequent ReturnSample() adds a new one.

I see a lot of MFVP_MESSAGE_INVALIDATEMEDIATYPE, which is strange. Sample queue is flushed in ReleaseSurfaces(). But Flushing is turned off while being in DVDMenus to avoid problems with certain kinds of DVD Menus. That could be the problem.

If this is the case we just need an additional condition to flush the queue while in DVDMenus. Triggering this on MFVP_MESSAGE_INVALIDATEMEDIATYPE doesn't do the trick as the last one renogiate the mediatype without receiving this message. So a switch in RegeoiateMediaOutputType() or a function called by it could oversteer the condition for being in a DVD menu.

Or maybe its a bug in one of the filter and we should ignore the INVALIDATEMEDIATYPE message while being in DVD menus.

But to fix this I need to know with which DVD this happens. With name, region and year I can check if it's in my library. If not it needs to be uploaded to fix this without breaking other DVD menus. So we actually need the DVD or a similar one that causes MFVP_MESSAGE_INVALIDATEMEDIATYPE in menus.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

1: with this file.. I was able to view the DVD (only from resume from where it left off)
    2: it crashes when trying to go to the DVD menu (only from this trouble movie)
    3: If I remember correctly... going to the non-trouble DVD's menu is ok.. then after viewing from troubled-dvd (resume) then to go back to the non-troubled dvd's menu.. it crashes

I was able to reproduce this

Vff

17-02-2010 11:02:13.713 [734]MyQueue: No more space
    17-02-2010 11:02:13.716 [734]MyQueue: No more space
    17-02-2010 11:02:13.718 [734]MyQueue: No more space

For some reason MS codec seems to cause EVR renderer to buffer huge amount of frames. Not sure if this is the reason for crash (most likely). Hopefully you can rip the DVD menus from that specific disk so that those are small enough to be uploaded somewhere. That way I could try to reproduce / debug the issue (with logs only it is helpless).

here you go..

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968).rar kostenlos vom uploading.com herunterladen

this file (32 megs) only have the dvd menu and still get the crash...

btw tourettes.. (that dshowhelper) I see the line 21 connected and no CC is getting displayed.. thanks for teasin :p

Vff

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

btw tourettes.. (that dshowhelper) I see the line 21 connected and no CC is getting displayed.. thanks for teasin :p

Only thing I did change was frame queue size from 5 to 25... nothing CC related :)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

this file (32 megs) only have the dvd menu and still get the crash...
    Doesn't crash here with the menus only and codecs set to MS. I can navigate through all the menus and the menu loop is running fine. On every loop there is the INVALIDATEMEDIATYPE message. This ok. I also let the loop run for several minutes.

Not flushing on the loop is not a big problem, the last frames of the loop are rendered while new are pushed into the queue afterwards. The renegotiating of the media type does not harm . If I force to flush them, the last few samples of a menu are not displayed. Then you would see a judder when a menu loops. So the logic here seems to be ok.

Maybe this a problem with the MS codec on Vista. I only have Win7 for testing.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

One bug I found is that when you delete multi-part files (ie CD1 CD2...) from the file menu dialog, it doesn't ask to delete CD2 after deleting CD1.

When I was on 1.02 version it would auto ask whether to delete the next CD.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

One bug I found is that when you delete multi-part files (ie CD1 CD2...) from the file menu dialog, it doesn't ask to delete CD2 after deleting CD1.

When I was on 1.02 version it would auto ask whether to delete the next CD.

So where are the logs?

Did it delete the file without asking, or did it not delete the file?

Is this in 'my videos' or some other part of mediaportal?

Sorry, but if you wish to report a bug, you will have to provide more information than this.

Best wishes,

Mark

chummer

Portal Member
    November 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

I made a fresh installation of this SVN on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit edition. When I try to start live TV I get a message window which says: Unable to play stream:1.0

When I look into the error.log I find the following error msg.: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Interface not supported

I tried different ATI Catalyst drivers (from 9.8 up to 10.1), the SAF codec package (4.00 RC 1) and different codes, but always get this error.

I'm not pretty sure if it is a bug but I don't know what else I could try to get it work.

Here are the logs:

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007

Hey,
    I was just playing around with the DVB-IP card built into the server. As I have German T-Home package i can recive TV over it. The card also finds the stream. But when I start playing I only hear sound for a second every once in a while. Screen stays empty. To make sure its not MP i used the preview in TV-Server-Config but same. When using VLC it works fine.

Edit:
    its not just this build. Also checked the Beta, there same.

infabo

Portal Member
    October 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

2 bugs i've found:
    - mp does not consider ntfs mountpoints (junction points).
    e.g. i have a drive c with 500mb free space and i mount a volume with 10gb on c:\timeshift, mp does not calculate the correct free space. mp thinks 500mb but in real there is muh more free space available. please keep that in mind!
    - the installer has a similar problem. example: drive c: has 100mb avail. drive d: has 5gb. i want to install to D:\mp - the installer says "dude, you need 500mb or more free space". yeah, mr. installer! actually, the installer should look at drive d's free space rather than at the 100mb on drive c. this is a bug too.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

2 bugs i've found:
    - mp does not consider ntfs mountpoints (junction points).
    e.g. i have a drive c with 500mb free space and i mount a volume with 10gb on c:\timeshift, mp does not calculate the correct free space. mp thinks 500mb but in real there is muh more free space available. please keep that in mind!

I would say this is a very unusual set of circumstances. Why not just use TV Config to change the location of the timeshift folder to the drive with enough space?

How many people would be using this?

- the installer has a similar problem. example: drive c: has 100mb avail. drive d: has 5gb. i want to install to D:\mp - the installer says "dude, you need 500mb or more free space". yeah, mr. installer! actually, the installer should look at drive d's free space rather than at the 100mb on drive c. this is a bug too.

Logs needed.

You are probably correct that there is a bug, but we need to see what the installer thought it was doing.

Mark

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom