MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 04-08-2008 05-05h - Revision:18584 (1 Viewer)

jimbolina

Portal Pro
August 6, 2007
Home Country
I just had a look at the install log after install after I had added the slashes to the mediaportaldirs.xml.

It looks like the reason it let the installer continue is because it used the default dirs, not the dirs in the xml file.

It's weird that the xml reader works on the first pass but fails on the second. Almost as if it never finished the first pass.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a tip: stay at your current svn and wait for the rc1 ;)

but the stupid xml bug needs to be fixed, too.
    I'll also imrove the loggin infos, this was just a first try to have only a log ;) , i know that is not very useful yet.

kind regards
    chefkoch

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm afraid the Only way I was able to Install it was to delete the MediaPortalDirs.xml file completeley. This then allowed me to install this SVN..

Same here, but since I am doing a fresh install I'm not loosing anything there anyway.

I did notice that the xml from the 0.2.3.0 was 3kb and the SVN is 4kb, but I have not compared them any further. I'll probably blow everything away for the RC1 release too.

Up , down , left , right etc with keyboard doesn´t work anymore!

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure out what was wrong? The only way I can navigate now is with the mouse.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Argh ... I remember that I was supposed to remember how to fix this if it ever arrived, but I forgot :sorry: (no IRQ logs for that day, and not @ home atm. Please tell me if you use IR Server Suite (my guess is that you do ... )

Stefan1000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could somebody times test whether the Wikipedia plug in works?

1st In a long article, I can not turn over the pages.

2nd If I plug in a second time call does not search

Sorry for my bad English

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Argh ... I remember that I was supposed to remember how to fix this if it ever arrived, but I forgot :sorry: (no IRQ logs for that day, and not @ home atm. Please tell me if you use IR Server Suite (my guess is that you do ... )

I was not using IR Server Suite. I downloaded and installed it in an effort to fix the keyboard input, but I ended up formatting the computer and reinstalled XP and I am about to try installing MediaPortal again. I'm just not sure if I should use this SVN now or not.

Skavenger

April 17, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I've updated the stable version with the latest version with this build and have found that the key/remotes settings in the configuration pane "keys and sounds" have been deleted, however the "keyboard shortcuts" section looks fine.

I assume there is an xml file or an easy way to get these back from the backup, as the only way I can navigate now is via the mouse.

Thanks,
    - Skavenger.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    is it possibile to know wky since 17895 svn ffdshow can't be used as post processing filter?
    Normally I used Core Avc for h.264 material and ffshow as post processing filter (raw enabled,
    latest release of ffdshow...) ffdshow do not work. I would to use CoreAvc as decoder and ffdshow
    for subtitles feaatures. Now I use ffdshow also for decoding . is there any solutions?

I don't know if this thread is the correct one.

I install also on XP system and nvida 9600 card instead Vista+Ati.
    This system is a fresh one. I've install mP 0.2.3 and svn. coreavc 1.7
    ffdshow last svn, ac3 filter. the attach file is the log of this new installation
    the problem is present as Vista+Ati my hone htpc system.

so since last svn version ffdshow set as post processing filter, avc1/h264 disabled a
    raw enable. ffdshow doesn't start anymore.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 SVN last one
    MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD
    Windows Version: Vista Business 32bit
    CPU Type: Intel e4400
    HDD: Western Digital 320MB
    Memory: PC6400 Kingston 2GB
    Motherboard: Asus P5K
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel P35
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Asus EAH3850
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.3
    Sound Card: Realtek HD