MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-25-2008 22-38h - Revision:18951 (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have 2 floppy DVB-C so should be able to record 2 transponders (2 frequencies), in my case 2 times 4 channels.

This is what is do:
1. Open media portal (no scheduled recordings yet).
2. Today its Tuesday, I schedule 8 recordings @ 20 hrs on 2 transponders, 4 series (weekdays @20 hrs)
3. Go to the schedule of Wednesday 20 hrs. There i have the 4 series on weekdays (on 2 transponders). Then I try to add a single recording on one on the 2 transponders (not a different one), but it tells me there is nothing available to record. But there should be.

As posted before, I think the algorithm to determinate, if there is any hardware available, is incorrect in this case.
I think it should check if there is a overlapping recording (at the same time) on the same transponder (frequency). This way the new recording can be added.

Can any one respond, :D in advance!

guttedgeek

March 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
1> TV-Server imports of old recorded shows makes watching tv-recordings impossible due to the inserted channel ID of "-1" in the recordings table, after changing this manually to an existing channelID the recordings-menu in MP is accessable again. This is a bug in both RC1 and this SVN

Hi, very interested to hear this as this has been a major annoyance for me. I checked the "recording" table in MySQL but the ChannelIDs are already set correctly. Any other ideas what might be causing my recorded tv list to be empty? I did do the manual import using the TVServer settings import tool.

TIA!

stefancrs

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
On the client (single-seat btw) I can watch TV and change channels just fine (even if the changes takes quite some time), but I get no EPG, no channel listing (!!!), no info for current watched show etc.

Any ideas what to look for? Since I've seen no-one else mentioning the same thing I guess it's probably something on my end of things, but it was like this from clean install (now I've of course tried to find the error and installed a few plugins, so it's not entirely clean any more).

Go into TV-Server Configuration --> Manual Control and there press the button "Refresh EPG".
If that doens't work, try shutting down the SQL Server and restart it, then again "Refresh EPG" in TV-Server configuration.

After you hit "Refresh EPG", hit the View Logs button. Once EPG grabbing is running, an "epg.log" file will be created. A) check that for errors b) post it up here for the devs to look at. Hope that helps!
Thank you both for your replies!
I see no errors in the TV server logs, and am starting to suspect it's a client issue. Is there any way to check if the EPG is there without using MP (TV Client that is)? Should it be stored in the MySQL database somewhere?

I do however found it odd that I don't even get a channel listing within MP. The logs clearly states that it finds 17 channels, yet there are none in the channel list. I will continue to debug this some more, but if I don't find anything, I'll post the logs for everyones viewing pleasure and hope for the best :)

Unfortunately no progress so far. Anyone else ever seen that they don't even get a channel listing within MP? Anyway, I tried completely installing RC1 and setting that up, and then this SVN and setting that up, but both acted the same way. I'll try to make a as proper report as possible later.

ulf

Portal Member
October 13, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
After installing the snapshot and starting Mediaportal the main screen is not in focus (so MP won't react to the remote signals). After pressing "Home" on my MCE remote it is in focus again. This bug maybe caused by the "Splashscreen becomes windowed with "Not Responding" Message" - fix.

If you have selected "Always on top" in Configuration then its fine. However I don't want to use this feature (bad sideeffects in Vista - going back to Desktop for a second if you load a video or starting a visualization in MyMusic).

Really annoying bug. Have the same issue with the 18951 build.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TVService always refuses the first try to get hibernation. I can read this in the eventviewer. I always need at least 2 attempts. Although the tvservice is in idle!
    Does anyone els have this as well?

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    After installing the snapshot and starting Mediaportal the main screen is not in focus (so MP won't react to the remote signals). After pressing "Home" on my MCE remote it is in focus again. This bug maybe caused by the "Splashscreen becomes windowed with "Not Responding" Message" - fix.

If you have selected "Always on top" in Configuration then its fine. However I don't want to use this feature (bad sideeffects in Vista - going back to Desktop for a second if you load a video or starting a visualization in MyMusic).

Really annoying bug. Have the same issue with the 18951 build.
    I've seen this before in Windows in gerenal, what it sounds like is happening is the splash is now on its own Thread, which activates windows internal patented (yes, really) algorithm to deny focus to other windows on other threads. You'd need to do some tricky stuff with kernel32.dll to de-activate this algorithm before MP shows and re-enable it afterwards.

nobbly

Portal Member
    September 18, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    TVService always refuses the first try to get hibernation. I can read this in the eventviewer. I always need at least 2 attempts. Although the tvservice is in idle!

I too am having problems with the TVService power scheduler plugin. This is the first time I've used the plugin so I might possibly not be using it correctly, although I have tried every option I can think of to get it to work. My HTPC normally hibernates and resumes perfectly fine using other tv software and I do not have any hardware hibernation issues.

Just in case that it might be something I'm doing, is the tv server power scheduler plugin working for everyone else who's using it? Basically, I am not getting any hibernation happening at all. I have disabled all other programs that might be interfering, but still no hibernation! I have set it to force shutdown as well as to ignore epg grabbing.

In addition, if I manually hibernate, the pc does not wake up for the next scheduled recording as it should using the plugin.

Do I have to have the MP Client running in order for the tv server power scheduler to work - i.e. will the tv server power scheduler plugin work without the MP client running, as is the case with me. Win XP Pro, single seat. Will post logs if needed, i.e. if it's not something I'm doing wrong!

Craydk

Portal Member
    June 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    a few small isues in the TV department mostly regarding conflicting recordings.. normally you get a warning if you try to add a recording where another is conflicting.. however if two or more recordings are conflicting only the first is shown...
    and if you add a recording from within genre search no conflict warnings at all...
    very small issues though.

something a little more annoying is that tv-server seems to become unresponsive if i for some reason lose internet connectivity (my ISP redirects all traffic to some login page :(). stop and restart service alway takes care of this but somewhat annoying as my ISP only allows for one devices being connected at a time (dont have the logs right now as i accidently deleted them...). think i saw aa notice a one time that this was know though....

other than that.. MP still rock.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I too am having problems with the TVService power scheduler plugin. This is the first time I've used the plugin so I might possibly not be using it correctly, although I have tried every option I can think of to get it to work. My HTPC normally hibernates and resumes perfectly fine using other tv software and I do not have any hardware hibernation issues.

Just in case that it might be something I'm doing, is the tv server power scheduler plugin working for everyone else who's using it? Basically, I am not getting any hibernation happening at all. I have disabled all other programs that might be interfering, but still no hibernation! I have set it to force shutdown as well as to ignore epg grabbing.

In addition, if I manually hibernate, the pc does not wake up for the next scheduled recording as it should using the plugin.

Do I have to have the MP Client running in order for the tv server power scheduler to work - i.e. will the tv server power scheduler plugin work without the MP client running, as is the case with me. Win XP Pro, single seat. Will post logs if needed, i.e. if it's not something I'm doing wrong!

If you are on a singel seat setup (MP and TVServer on the same machine) you must enable the PowerScheduler plugin in the TVServer configuration *AND* the PowerScheduler plugin in the MP configuration. Beware that within MP config there are two PowerScheduler plugins. There you have to choose the one under Process Plugins. You should also set both plugins (TVServer and MP) to similar values.

HTH

grubi.

silver.fly

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Minor cosmetic problem in Tv-Server Configuration: Channel name changes are not saved when edited from within Channels tab, list control.
    -> TV Channels, Channels Tab, Highlight channel; eg "Channel XYZ HD"
    -> click again to edit name; eg "Channel XYZ"
    => click okay to save and exit, re-open Tv-Server config, channel name is still "Channel XYZ HD"
    => click edit to open edit channel window, channel name is still "Channel XYZ HD"

Also, the visible in tv guide check box has the same behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom