MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-25-2008 22-38h - Revision:18951 (1 Viewer)

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not trying to hibernate via the PowerScheduler plugin, but actively via the icon in the upper left next to the close mediaportal button.
    Or is this the same?

nobbly

Portal Member
    September 18, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    If you are on a singel seat setup (MP and TVServer on the same machine) you must enable the PowerScheduler plugin in the TVServer configuration *AND* the PowerScheduler plugin in the MP configuration. Beware that within MP config there are two PowerScheduler plugins. There you have to choose the one under Process Plugins. You should also set both plugins (TVServer and MP) to similar values.

HTH

grubi.

Thanks for your swift reply. I was aware of the MP Client PowerScheduler plugin and had enabled it. However, are you saying that for the TVServer PowerScheduler plugin to work, that the MP Client must always be running on the single seat (& with it's client PowerScheduler plugin enabled)? Does this also include minimized to the taskbar tray. So, if I do not have the MP Client running (with the client PowerScheduler plugin enabled) then the TVServer will not carry out any hibernation etc?

I was expecting the TVserver to be able to handle hibernation independently of the MP Client.

(Edit: apologies for posting here if it is not appropriate - I am using this SVN at the moment, so thought it apt to post here.)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you are on a singel seat setup (MP and TVServer on the same machine) you must enable the PowerScheduler plugin in the TVServer configuration *AND* the PowerScheduler plugin in the MP configuration. Beware that within MP config there are two PowerScheduler plugins. There you have to choose the one under Process Plugins. You should also set both plugins (TVServer and MP) to similar values.

HTH

grubi.

Thanks for your swift reply. I was aware of the MP Client PowerScheduler plugin and had enabled it. However, are you saying that for the TVServer PowerScheduler plugin to work, that the MP Client must always be running on the single seat (& with it's client PowerScheduler plugin enabled)? Does this also include minimized to the taskbar tray. So, if I do not have the MP Client running (with the client PowerScheduler plugin enabled) then the TVServer will not carry out any hibernation etc?

I was expecting the TVserver to be able to handle hibernation independently of the MP Client.

(Edit: apologies for posting here if it is not appropriate - I am using this SVN at the moment, so thought it apt to post here.)

No MP need not to be running, but if MP is running the MP PowerScheduler (!!!!!Process!!!!!) plugin should be activated so that both PowerSchedulers could sync. If only TVServer is running the PowerScheduler of TVServer is enough (this is what you have on a multiseat setup). If this is your setup and it still did not work I recommend opening a new thread in the support section and to post the logs to see what's wrong. I have running it here with RC1 and latest SVN and it works.

grubi.

nobbly

Portal Member
    September 18, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

I don't know what's going on here, but it's started to work! I had restarted the pc, and then checked that the MP Client's PowerScheduler plugin settings matched the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin settings, and then started the MP Client. The PC then hibernated when it should have done!

After returning back from hibernation, I closed down the MP Client to see if the TV Server would hibernate on it's own. And sure enough it did! I'm not at all sure as to why this has suddenly started to work. I did change some settings in my firewall just before I had the MP Client running, but I put these back to how they were after I closed the MP Client, so I cannot think it was that.

Maybe it's something to do with this:

TVService always refuses the first try to get hibernation. I can read this in the eventviewer. I always need at least 2 attempts. Although the tvservice is in idle!
    Does anyone els have this as well?

I too did notice the event viewer showing the TV service had stopped hibernation from happening a few times whilst trying to get the Power Scheduler plugin to work over the last couple of days.

Anyway, to summarise, the TV Server Power Scheduler plugin can work independently of the MP Client, as I expected. Hopefully it continues to work!

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP not responding after restart

TV-Server Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
    CPU Type: Intel CoreDuo 6850 3.0Ghz
    HDD: Western Digital 500 gig
    Memory: 2 Gig KVR667D2N5K2
    Motherboard: ASRock Conroe 1333-DVI/H R2.0/M/ASR
    Video Card: ASUS EAH3870X2 1GB
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: Realtek on board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5485
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV-S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5N
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR4000
    2. TV Card Type: Hybrid only using DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: Latest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink BD Solution (PDVD)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: DScaler
    h.264 Video Codec: Main Concept
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2/5
    HTPC Case: EBuyer ATX
    Cooling: Zalman
    Power Supply: 650 W Supplied with case
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Vistron 52-42
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

After restart getting not responding in full scren, I don't know if I broke something when I started using the function (hadn't tried it previously), I did go into Vista settings after SVN install, two sets of logs att. they wn't mean anyting to me!

Also started using HDMI sound output so only stereo,instead of 5.1 ouput, still need to use FFDShow audio decoder to view Discovery Turbo, can now view BBC channels with MPV decoder, during playback the mouse cursor is now hidden, whe using Cyberlink it was visible.

By far the best build to date, looks like were all getting braver, seeing what else we can break!
    Brilliant guys, thanks.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    TV-Server Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
    CPU Type: Intel CoreDuo 6850 3.0Ghz
    HDD: Western Digital 500 gig
    Memory: 2 Gig KVR667D2N5K2
    Motherboard: ASRock Conroe 1333-DVI/H R2.0/M/ASR
    Video Card: ASUS EAH3870X2 1GB
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: Realtek on board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5485
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV-S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5N
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR4000
    2. TV Card Type: Hybrid only using DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: Latest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    [
    After restart getting not responding in full scren, I don't know if I broke something when I started using the function (hadn't tried it previously), I did go into Vista settings after SVN install, two sets of logs att. they wn't mean anyting to me!

Also started using HDMI sound output so only stereo,instead of 5.1 ouput, still need to use FFDShow audio decoder to view Discovery Turbo, can now view BBC channels with MPV decoder, during playback the mouse cursor is now hidden, whe using Cyberlink it was visible.

By far the best build to date, looks like were all getting braver, seeing what else we can break!
    Brilliant guys, thanks.

2008-04-30 14:01:10.995647 [PowerEventThread]: dvb:Decompose
    2008-04-30 14:01:10.995647 [PowerEventThread]: tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels:
    2008-04-30 14:01:10.995647 [PowerEventThread]: stop
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.003459 [PowerEventThread]: remove all filters
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.005412 [PowerEventThread]: free...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.005412 [PowerEventThread]: free pins...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.006388 [PowerEventThread]: free graph...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.006388 [PowerEventThread]: free devices...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.007365 [PowerEventThread]: decompose done...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.007365 [PowerEventThread]: Controller: dispose card:Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.007365 [PowerEventThread]: dvb:Decompose
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.008341 [PowerEventThread]: tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels:
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.008341 [PowerEventThread]: stop
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.230983 [PowerEventThread]: remove all filters
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.231960 [PowerEventThread]: free...
    2008-04-30 14:01:11.233913 [PowerEventThread]: free pins...

You msy have the fail on decompose that I have requested MP users to HELP with testing and commiting bug reports so that the devs can see that this is a global problem that affects many users but they do not undrstand what is happening.

This bug affects all true dual tuner cards that I have tested. i don't have a hybrid card but the bug could be affecting all dual type tuner cards.

Please see this thread and contribute

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ose-fails-dual-tuner-dvb-t-tuner-cards-38333/

stefancrs

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On the client (single-seat btw) I can watch TV and change channels just fine (even if the changes takes quite some time), but I get no EPG, no channel listing (!!!), no info for current watched show etc.

Any ideas what to look for? Since I've seen no-one else mentioning the same thing I guess it's probably something on my end of things, but it was like this from clean install (now I've of course tried to find the error and installed a few plugins, so it's not entirely clean any more).

Go into TV-Server Configuration --> Manual Control and there press the button "Refresh EPG".
    If that doens't work, try shutting down the SQL Server and restart it, then again "Refresh EPG" in TV-Server configuration.

After you hit "Refresh EPG", hit the View Logs button. Once EPG grabbing is running, an "epg.log" file will be created. A) check that for errors b) post it up here for the devs to look at. Hope that helps!
    Thank you both for your replies!
    I see no errors in the TV server logs, and am starting to suspect it's a client issue. Is there any way to check if the EPG is there without using MP (TV Client that is)? Should it be stored in the MySQL database somewhere?

I do however found it odd that I don't even get a channel listing within MP. The logs clearly states that it finds 17 channels, yet there are none in the channel list. I will continue to debug this some more, but if I don't find anything, I'll post the logs for everyones viewing pleasure and hope for the best :)

Unfortunately no progress so far. Anyone else ever seen that they don't even get a channel listing within MP? Anyway, I tried completely installing RC1 and setting that up, and then this SVN and setting that up, but both acted the same way. I'll try to make a as proper report as possible later.

So here we go with the logs (I see nothing useful in them which baffles me, why are my channel listings and tv guides empty???). I didn't know whether to use "debug" or "information" so I used both settings... I really hope someone can help me with this, and, as I stated, I even tried reinstalling both RC1 and this SVN, same behaviour.

Cheers!

edit: The joke's on me. For some reason, all my channels where "unchecked" (thanks to the kind people that helped out on irc btw!), most likely due to re-importing them (that being said, I had this issue from start, so I'm not entirely sure when things went wrong). The EPG is atm highly partial, but maybe that'll sort itself out with time. But now I feel back on track! I'll leave my posts as is for documentory purposes, and, so that you can mock me if you want to :)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    After installing RC1 latest SVN i get followign Issue:

After resuming from hibernate i get always following error message in the TV:
    Unable to start timeshifting
    Unable to start graph

Only a restart of windows solve the problem.
    All versions before RC1 SVN works correctly.

The same errormessage is when i try to start the timeshift manually or via the MPTVClient on my work PC.

mrstef

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Random channel scan crashes and missing channels,...

TV-Server Version: 1.0RC1 + SVN18951
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0RC1 + SVN18951
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo
    HDD: 2x160 GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: HP Laptop
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS
    1. TV Card: FireDTV
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.0
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia PureVideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
    TV: Samsung LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I get random crashes when scanning channels. I have made a full removal of the old installation, installed 1.0RC1 and the SVN released last friday (without running any configuration in between the installations).
    After this I fire up the TV Server configuration, choose my location and hit the scan button. The result is the following:

During scanning, it sometimes finds channels on a transponder, and sometimes it reports "No signal". So if I scan a number of transponders, it finds a few channels on a few transponders, and after completion, if I just hit the scan button again, it might locate a few more channels on other transponders. In the log you can see that for the transponder at 506MHz, it first does not find any channels, but after pressing "Scan" again, it finds channels.

If I use any other software to scan (included software or Mediaportal 2.3.0 + SVN from December 2007), it perfectly finds all channels with 100% signal strength!

On top of this, I get random crashes. During scanning, I get a Windows "fatal application exit" and the TV Server configuration application is closed, and the TV service gets terminated (I get the question if I want to start the TV server on next launch of TV Server configurator).

Logs has been attached for the following scenario:

Launch TV Server configurator
    Scan "Sweden Malmo - Jagersro 1" - A few channels found
    Scan "Sweden Malmo - Jagersro 2" - A few channels found
    Scan "Sweden Malmo - Jagersro 1" - A few more channels found than in first run
    Scan "Sweden Malmo - Jagersro 2" - CRASH during scanning

I started experiencing this problem with SVN builds released in january 2008. The problem does not exist if I use a build from early december.

Translation of swedish error message in the error.log:
    "En befintlig anslutning tvingades att stänga av fjärrvärddatorn" - "An existing connection was forced to turn off the remote host computer"

Really liked the new installer! Good work guys! :)

Best Regards

Update: Added this to TV server bugreport section at 1.0 RC1 and SVN Builds - MediaPortal Forum

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got it solved. The multi-seat is working now.
    Off course set the firewall exceptions.

But the thing i needed to do to let it work is use MPEG2 as recording default, in stead of ts.
    Now everything works brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom