MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-02-2008 18-58h - Revision:19010 (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all..
    I am currently using RC1 with SVN 18951 and the only issue i am experiencing is the focus problem when starting MP, but all i do is wait 20 seconds or so and MP eventually comes up and works just fine.
    Apart from that, i am not experiencing any of the other issues mentioned here.
    The only 2 issues i have been experiencing are :
    1 - Live TV would stop streaming as if i hit the pause button. Problem caused by 4 port SATA card. Rectified by replacing with different card.
    2 - After replacing SATA card, LIVE TV no longer worked. Turns out that my tuner cards had "popped" out when pushing in new SATA card.

Now, all seems to be working ok.

HDnewt,
    Your problem should be the Realtek NIC Driver.

romadd64

Why do you say that ? Is this a known issue ?

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When trying to scan DVB-C (UK), the scan shoots through in about 5 seconds and obviously does not find any channels. Simply "No Signal" on every transponder...

Logs attached. Any idea what's up?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    closed issues:
    - 0001228: [My Videos] MyVideos uses codec configured in Televison for *.ts files (gemx) - resolved.

I have a similar issue with Recorded TV using Movie Player codec settings. I would like to use the Television decoder settings for both My TV and Recorded TV. Perhaps the above fix also affected Recorded TV. I don't remember having this problem in RC1 (without SVN).

HDnewt

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Dresden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HDnewt,
    Your problem should be the Realtek NIC Driver.

romadd64

romadd64, where did you find this information?
    It is possible, on the Gigabyteboard I use a PCI card with a Realtek chip and on the ASUS is the onboard chip a Realtek.
    I m using the Vista standard driver for it.

edit: Ok, I installed the new driver from the realtek website and it seems to work now. Thanks!

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    From some further research. This scanning issue seemed to have been fixed in SVN 18557. But it's back again since the release of RC1 (non-svn) and in this SVN with the same errors (see my logs above).

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TVServer: Still detects my DVB-T Mantis Twinhan tuner as a DVB-S tuner. No way to hack it to work either. This is a version killer for me.

Edit: Never mind, after a couple of reboots it is detecting it as DVB-T, not sure what solved, tried goping back to old version of the tv server, but there the problem persisted, so deinstalled and rebooted and reinstalled older version till at some moment it started working again, but being bold I tried the RC1 again, and voila no more problem. So the problem is not for this SVN nor the RC1 anymore.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Aswell as not being able to scan (no signal error), TVServer detects 3 DVB-C tuners for me despite me only having one.

One is for Radio (I think that's ok);
    One is for TV and recognised as DVB-C (ok);
    One is for TV and recognised as Unknown (?).

Hopefully these issues can be sorted out/or I could get some feedback please (logs above as before)?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Aswell as not being able to scan (no signal error), TVServer detects 3 DVB-C tuners for me despite me only having one.

One is for Radio (I think that's ok);
    One is for TV and recognised as DVB-C (ok);
    One is for TV and recognised as Unknown (?).

Hopefully these issues can be sorted out/or I could get some feedback please (logs above as before)?

Unknown cards are usualy shown when a card is either removed or has been reallocated by the OS.

Unplugging a card that has been previously used by the TVSERVER will cause this.

Sometimes just plugging in another device espeacialy with USB can cause the OS to reallocte existing devices , I have had this with USB tuners and plugging in a USB hard drive.

Unfortunatly the remove TUNER from within the SETUPTV doesn't seem to work ie the details aren't removed form the database.

The only way to succesfully deal with this random event is to delete the database and start again. Or delete specific tables and dependencies (not recommended as a full databse delete is easier)

For future logs could you use the MPTestTooL2 to gather the logs as we need as muchdetails as possible.

RC1 doesn't colate the TVSERVER logs so you will need to rar all these BUT RC1+SVN's have corrected this porblem .

starlight

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    with this svn mediaportal refuses to start. It always stalled at loading windows plugins.
    When i start the process manager i can see mediaportal and the crash report tool.
    After kicking out mediaportal the crash report logger starts up.

Btw. EPG for german ARD group does not work reliable for me.

peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom