MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-09-2008 19-58h - Revision:19069 (1 Viewer)

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
If you are using XFace skin you should be careful using this SVN.
For me it displays a warning at every start that the skin may be outdated which makes using MP with this skin nearly impossible (when using a remote control).

Does anybod have an idea how to fix this. The tip I found in the forum to alter the version string in the reference.xml file of the skin does not work. Also the log dos not show any hints what could be wrong.

Any way to disable this anoying message altogether?

Thanks
grubi.

This can be fixed quite easily. Just open the references.xml in the skin folder and change the version line near the top of the file

to avoid the message it should read

<version>0.9.2.0</version>

I don't use Xface myself, but most likely your current version line shows 0.2.3.0.

Always keep in mind that this message might have been implemented for a reason! ;-)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you are using XFace skin you should be careful using this SVN.
For me it displays a warning at every start that the skin may be outdated which makes using MP with this skin nearly impossible (when using a remote control).

Does anybod have an idea how to fix this. The tip I found in the forum to alter the version string in the reference.xml file of the skin does not work. Also the log dos not show any hints what could be wrong.

Any way to disable this anoying message altogether?

Thanks
grubi.

This can be fixed quite easily. Just open the references.xml in the skin folder and change the version line near the top of the file

to avoid the message it should read

<version>0.9.2.0</version>

I don't use Xface myself, but most likely your current version line shows 0.2.3.0.

Always keep in mind that this message might have been implemented for a reason! ;-)

That works. Thanks.
It's clear there is a reason for the message. But first I want to continue using MP with my prefered skin. When I have time I will take a look what exactly needs to be fixed on XFace.

grubi.

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
May 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there any chance of going back to where you used to list the bugs fixed in the SVN? It was useful to see if it was worth installing this one, or waiting til the next...

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I can't get this version of MP's Configuration program to run. It crashes with an error report to MS, but doesn't write a configuration.log. I admit to two sins:
    1. I installed over the previous SVN without using the (recommended) uninstall first option. I did this because the last time I used "uninstall first" I couldn't get anything to run because of missing DLLs
    2. I edited MediaPortal.xml (attached) by hand, but don't think I did anything nasty to it. Even if I did, it would be nice to have an error message, or at least a log entry, instead of just a crash.

P.S. After replacing the contents of the MediaPortal directory with those in the backup directory, I still have the same problem. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a backup for the TV Server directory (in case that mightr be a factor). What other options do I have, other than uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch?

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      30.6 KB

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any chance of going back to where you used to list the bugs fixed in the SVN? It was useful to see if it was worth installing this one, or waiting til the next...

Seconded :).

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Please share your logs - I need tv.log of the import and mediaportal when opening RecordedTv.

Sorry, forgotten!

Your log doesn't contain anything regarding import errors. Unfortunately the more important MediaPortal.log is not even attached..

As I mentioned in the previous SVN. After importing tv-shows in the tv-server database, channel id's of this show will be set to -1. When changing the channel id's to an existing channel makes the recordings screen in MP show up with recordings again.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can't get this version of MP's Configuration program to run. It crashes with an error report to MS, but doesn't write a configuration.log. I admit to two sins:
    1. I installed over the previous SVN without using the (recommended) uninstall first option. I did this because the last time I used "uninstall first" I couldn't get anything to run because of missing DLLs
    2. I edited MediaPortal.xml (attached) by hand, but don't think I did anything nasty to it. Even if I did, it would be nice to have an error message, or at least a log entry, instead of just a crash.

P.S. After replacing the contents of the MediaPortal directory with those in the backup directory, I still have the same problem. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a backup for the TV Server directory (in case that mightr be a factor). What other options do I have, other than uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch?

Hi,
    Why blame MP when it's you that have edited MediaPortal.xml & made a mistake which breakes it?

Btw, no matter how well we make MP around that, duplicated entries can't be handled that easy without much coding & will probably cause slowness on load, so use MP configuration as it should or edit & delete it if not solveable & @ end please do not report & blame MP for that ;)

Ok, the error it's "<entry name="code9">GMXX0087</entry>" or something else around weather,

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom