MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-09-2008 19-58h - Revision:19069 (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you install this SVN and are using TVServer, WebEPG will no longer work.

The reason is quite simple. To make the overall directory structure more consistent the devs have moved some files for WebEPG from <programdir> to the <appdatadir>.

Follow these steps to fix your installation:

1.) Copy your WebEPG.xml file from <programfiles>\.....\WebEPG to <appdata>\.....\WebEPG
2.) Copy your xmltv.dtd file from <programfiles>\.....\xmltv to <appdata>\.....\xmltv
3.) Start TVServer config -> goto plugins -> xmltv -> change xmltv directory to <appdata>\.....\xmltv
4.) Start WebEPG.exe and wait until it is finished
5.) Press Import button in TVServer config -> plugins and see if all is working well.

HTH.
grubi.
I can't get this to work .. I'm using vista 64bit, but where exactly should I place the files? cheers,

I'm not familiar with Vista and it depends on the OS language (at least it did with XP).
I guest <appdata> for all users is now at \Users\Default\AppData\ so it must
be something like \Users\Default\AppData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
Simply check where the MP install put all the other setting files.

HTH
grubi.

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you bring up a windows explorer window, type %appdata% into the address line and hit enter, you'll go straight to your appdata directory.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Analog tv channel names uses program name or channel number

Please check my system for details.

When I scan with my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 MCE Dual i've get in stead of the channel name the name of the program or in some cases the number of the scanned number.
I use driver 2.0.48.25037.
I've also use the new MPFileWriter (see post #1).

Attached the logging and jpg with chosen settings.
Hope anybody can help me out.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    30 KB

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
i am wondering why when i go to Myusenet plugin, it only also half of the screen and not the whole screen. how do i fix this problem.

this is what i am talking about?

Attachments

• myusenet.jpg
    myusenet.jpg
    28.6 KB

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    whenever I see an issue like that it usually means the skin xml for that screen has screen size dimensions set incorrectly.
    Look at the top for a width x height setting and try deleting it. Of course make a back up first :)

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!BltLnk+268 )

Followup: MachineOwner

I found out it is probably some kind of windows error.
    So no driver issue with new digital everywhere floppy DVB drivers.

A look at the function name that crashed "BltLnk" makes me believe that it could be graphical driver dependant because "Blt" probably means Bit Lock Transfer and its the kind of function used when you want to transfer an image from system memory to graphical memory. Usually these functions are hooked by the graphical driver so that they are hardware optimized.

If there is a guru around maybe we could get a confirmation ?

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Video Freeze - Then need reboot

HI All

I have a issue that i cannot get rid of. I have tried all RC1 and SVN but still cannot solve this..

I have tried all RC1 SVN versiona and get the same..

THe issue is mainly with my TwinHan 1034 DVB-s card. I can scan all channels OK but have this first issue that
    it dont lock channel and gives the timeshifting / chanel scrambled panel. Sometimes i can do this and when selecting a second chanel it will work.
    After a while usually 1 hr or 2 the video will stop on a frame and there will be now audio.
    If i try to select anather channel it wont happen . The only way to start with it is to reboot system.

I have tried to use the latest version driver from Twinhan site but with this the card gets killed on failure
    and a power off is required..

I cannot seam to find a way to sort this out at least to make it a little usable..

I will attempt to try the latest SVN again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Logs attached.

futurism

October 28, 2008
    If you install this SVN and are using TVServer, WebEPG will no longer work.

The reason is quite simple. To make the overall directory structure more consistent the devs have moved some files for WebEPG from <programdir> to the <appdatadir>.

Follow these steps to fix your installation:

1.) Copy your WebEPG.xml file from <programfiles>\.....\WebEPG to <appdata>\.....\WebEPG
    2.) Copy your xmltv.dtd file from <programfiles>\.....\xmltv to <appdata>\.....\xmltv
    3.) Start TVServer config -> goto plugins -> xmltv -> change xmltv directory to <appdata>\.....\xmltv
    4.) Start WebEPG.exe and wait until it is finished
    5.) Press Import button in TVServer config -> plugins and see if all is working well.

HTH.
    grubi.
    I can't get this to work .. I'm using vista 64bit, but where exactly should I place the files? cheers,

I'm not familiar with Vista and it depends on the OS language (at least it did with XP).
    I guest <appdata> for all users is now at \Users\Default\AppData\ so it must
    be something like \Users\Default\AppData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.
    Simply check where the MP install put all the other setting files.

HTH
    grubi.

Hi I really want this to work but just can't. Im also using vista 32 bit. and as far as I can find Media Portal has no files in my appdata so where do i put it to make it work?

many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom