MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-16-2008 23-38h - Revision:19127.rar (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is this the lightening strike effect, that keep ripping the epg page.

Because this comes and goes for me, since installing vista SP1 (touch wood) have not had it, this is using latest driver 174.xx
    Also some ATI people have suffered the same effect, so i do not think its totally down to the gpu\driver.

Why its not happening to me now, have not got a clue, because i do not change any setting besides resolution on installation of driver.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dornjoostie,

Just tried that (I changed it before in the NVIDIA settings) but still have this problem.

It did render correctly once after the change, but then went back to the same problem. It seems perhaps slightly better, then much worse. I still have "nels" instead of "All Channels" as well.

I haven't tried playing with resolution yet. As I remember, this may have had an impact on this issue.

...No, playing with the resolution had no effect.

Just noticed, bringing up the menu over the guide then cancelling gets rid of the problem while the guide is up. "Channels" is still "nels" though. This now stays without the flicker when going to TV fullscreen and back to the guide. Is this really not a bug?

Thanks,
    Chris

Basically you are saying the flickering is gone and the "nels" in stead of "Channels" is a bug, right?
    I agree. Can you report this as a bug? :D

On cool thing, about setting filtering mode to None, for me improved the quality, especially with a football match. Everything is much smoother.
    So I'm very happy with the change.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Basically you are saying the flickering is gone and the "nels" in stead of "Channels" is a bug, right?
    I agree. Can you report this as a bug?

No bug as such, because we know about it and without a complete rewrite of MP's interface, know of no easy way of stopping it happening.

MP2 will not happen with the new skin engine.

Regards

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree. Can you report this as a bug?

No bug as such, because we know about it and without a complete rewrite of MP's interface, know of no easy way of stopping it happening.

MP2 will not happen with the new skin engine.

Regards

So get used to "nels". :)
    Fine for me.:D

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi Paranoid,

Do you know if any devs are looking into the My trailers plugin issue? I think it might only be a small change if its the apple website thats changed?

I love using my trailers plugin. I think quite a few others are reporting same problems....

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mytrailers-plugin-2876/index23.html

It would be great if this could be fixed :0)

Many thanks,
    Colin

yahoo has change, from wmv files to flash videos.. So I don't think this is going to be a easy change,
    I have allready check the code.. and for my first impression a big change is in place :-(

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Just to clarify:

Flashing effect returns after stopping and starting TV, so solution for me is to hit 'i' on my remote then cancel then fine for a day - no biggie.

nels all the way.

Glad to hear that MP2 will solve this. Could a skin edit fix the issue in the short term? If 'All channels' in that place is causing the flashing effect, could moving it make a difference? Would still love to know exactly what is the cause of this issue, but will live without knowing I suppose :)

Chris

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Would still love to know exactly what is the cause of this issue, but will live without knowing I suppose

We know its a directx thing, but cannot pinpoint what triggers it.

zappomax

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    When I install this update my Kaspersky Internet Security allert me (Trojan file detected)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom