MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-27-2008 19-25h - Revision:19510.rar (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    KevL

Just tried the import\export feature, could not get it to fail, tried 5 times with stopping\starting tvservice just to make sure it registered the changes ok.

Then went through channels to make sure they where there, have not seen any other posts recently regarding this problem.

I always have this problem when importing channels: I have groups with channels that have the same names but are infact different channels (for instance I have Discovery Channel in sky italia and premiere groups, two different channels). In this situation often channels are mixed up between groups (that is Discovery Channel from the premiere bouquet is inserted in sky italia group, and so on). So I think something must be wrong with exporting/importing channels.

Roby

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    robyf and KevL

Could you attach your relevant export.xml files to your posts so someone could take a look, why this has not come up previously, unknown.

Thanks

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Pls find attched export.xml file.

why this has not come up previously, unknown

The default location for the xml to be saved ensures that it is deleted when TV server SVN is upgraded. Maybe noone actually tries re-importing :)

Kev

Edited to remove large file. Am investigating possible data corruption during import. Will repost when I've done some more tests.

Zeee

September 4, 2007
    Osijek
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Same thing here.. Exported channels... Deleted all Channels... Import Channels.. Few channels not working (no audio/video detected or could not start the graph) and some FTA channels now have red icon (encryptred).

afanasyev

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Kazan
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Excuse me for my english.After installing SVN-Snapshot:-06-27-2008 19-25h - Revision:19510 manual record does not stop.After manual stop record I see message:There is no free card available.Tv tuner continues to work in timeshift mode,switching channel impossible.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some problems with this SVN

Hi all,

first of all, I must say everything works pretty nicely on my system, I do not have the EPG problems this thread has been talking about mostly. But some little problems I want to bring to the developpers attention here:

I did have RC1 and the very first SVN test build, worked nice for some time, but somehow the system ran into more and more problems, like not finding the tuner card, channel scrambled, random picture freezes etc.. So I decided to install the latest SVN, as a way to refresh the system and get rid of some of the bugs.

This worked pretty well, most of the problems I had are gone, and the system is really working a lot smoother now. I was even able to retain the TV database..

Ok but here the few problems I have:

1. TV display and sound freezes after watching a channel for a long time (like the football match Germany-Spain, yesterday, during halfway the second half the TV stopped.. very annoying when watching live football ), Mediaportal switches to the My-TV screen, TV turned OFF and the OSD message appeared: "Timeshift stopped by TV-Server" harddrive is then very busy for a few minutes, however CPU usage is only 10% or so...Clicking the on/off TV button turns on the TV again. I checked the available space for the Timeshift recording files, but there was plenty of space availablke (10+ GB) and also the max files was not reached yet (I have set it to 40x250MB)

2. Some channels like National Geographic Channel HD, stuttering: Picture runs for 3 seconds, stops for half a second, then runs for 3 seconds, stops runs a few seconds stops...etc. not pleasant to watch. strange is that it is only some channels also one or 2 SD channels experience this problem, most other channels run fine. I did not have this problem on the previous SVN I used.

3. After watching a channel for a long time (like the football match) when using the GUIDE button on the Microsoft MCE remote, turns on the Windows screensaver!. clicking the green button brings back Mediaportal, and then I can use the TV Guide again. When not watching a channel for a long time this does not happen, I do not know the exact time this will happen.

I will try to run some logs tonight and post them here.

Thanks anyways,

Lots

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Excuse me for my english.After installing SVN-Snapshot:-06-27-2008 19-25h - Revision:19510 manual record does not stop.After manual stop record I see message:There is no free card available.Tv tuner continues to work in timeshift mode,switching channel impossible.

I can confirm this.
    I even don't have a clue how this manual recordings start and now even it can be stopped.
    Very annoying bug.

jomed

Portal Member
    November 9, 2007
    Hi all,

1. TV display and sound freezes after watching a channel for a long time (like the football match Germany-Spain, yesterday, during halfway the second half the TV stopped..

What MPEG2-Codec are you using for TV?

I had a very similar problem using the Nvidia decoder (with hardware acceleration). After a certain period of time (half an hour or so) Mediaportal repeatedly crashed while watching live TV (DVB-T).

I was just about to file a bug report, when I had the idea to try different mpeg2 codecs first. And that really helped: since i switched to the Cyberlink (PowerDVD8) decoder, the problem has disappeared.
    My theory is, that since an mpeg stream from live TV might not always be absolutely perfect, some decoders are better than others in handling possible errors.

I'm not sure whether the MP devs can do anything about these kind of things.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

1. TV display and sound freezes after watching a channel for a long time (like the football match Germany-Spain, yesterday, during halfway the second half the TV stopped..

What MPEG2-Codec are you using for TV?

I had a very similar problem using the Nvidia decoder (with hardware acceleration). After a certain period of time (half an hour or so) Mediaportal repeatedly crashed while watching live TV (DVB-T).

I was just about to file a bug report, when I had the idea to try different mpeg2 codecs first. And that really helped: since i switched to the Cyberlink (PowerDVD8) decoder, the problem has disappeared.
    My theory is, that since an mpeg stream from live TV might not always be absolutely perfect, some decoders are better than others in handling possible errors.

I'm not sure whether the MP devs can do anything about these kind of things.

For TV I use Cyberlink decoders for both Mpeg2 and H264 WITHOUT Hardware accelleration (my GPU is not really capable to handle that). The freeze issue I had with HD TV channels, so that was with the H264 decoder.. its the Powerdvd 7.3 version. I dont know if it would also happen with the Mpeg2 decoder, because I havent watched a standard TV channel long enough.

Lots

giovifree

Portal Member
    February 7, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i have installed this svn and found two bug

in mytv when select channel button in next window i can't selec any channel cursor up/down not working but left/right yes change group i must select mouse mode on my imonpad for selec channel

in myfilm when select avi for playback MP going down and after few second going up and second time i select it playback starts, all well with mp4(x264) files

when i do some zapping in tv fullscreen is very annoying pop up yes/no when channel is crypted it would be better only osd what it tells yourself "channell is crypted" and i can go on with zapping

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom