MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-17-2009 18-50h - Revision:23652.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    0 KEY SHORTCUT PROBLEM IN MY MOVIES

Another problem I noticed: as per MP configuration keyboard shortcuts, 0 key is supposed to take you to "Delete selected movie" in My Videos and "Delete Selected Recording" in Recorded TV. In the current version of MediaPortal this is true for TV only. In My Movies you get to a choice of Rename, Delete or New Folder after pressing 0. Since Delete is very popular function, I think 0 key should stay dedicated for the delete function only in both TV and Movies. It would also be nice to be consistent. The logs (if required) are two posts above.

0002477: pressing "0" on remote should directly trigger delete action - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Mossi

Portal Member
    September 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Forum, first post

I have a problem with this SVN and all SVN and alpha/beta builds before:
    When I use the DivX Codec for h264 (Software Mode) and haali oder mpc mkv splitter, I can delete all my files and folders by pressing "0" without any problems.
    But after switching to DXVA (using mpc, core or cyberlink codec - tested all), deleting is no longer possible. The Haali-Splitter Icon stays in systemtray (seems the splitter isn't releases after watching a file in dxva mode) and I have to delete the file via explorer, or by restarting MP an pressing 0. If I use the MPC matroska splitter I can also delete no files, but they get deleted (automatically) after MP exit.
    Any idea?

Edit: I'm using a Radeon 4550HD with latest Catalyst 9.9

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    0 KEY SHORTCUT PROBLEM IN MY MOVIES

Another problem I noticed: as per MP configuration keyboard shortcuts, 0 key is supposed to take you to "Delete selected movie" in My Videos and "Delete Selected Recording" in Recorded TV. In the current version of MediaPortal this is true for TV only. In My Movies you get to a choice of Rename, Delete or New Folder after pressing 0. Since Delete is very popular function, I think 0 key should stay dedicated for the delete function only in both TV and Movies. It would also be nice to be consistent. The logs (if required) are two posts above.

I just fixed it, so it will be available in next snapshot :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Forum, first post

But after switching to DXVA (using mpc, core or cyberlink codec - tested all), deleting is no longer possible. The Haali-Splitter Icon stays in systemtray (seems the splitter isn't releases after watching a file in dxva mode) and I have to delete the file via explorer, or by restarting MP an pressing 0.

This is the thread where a part of what you describe is discussed. The Haali-splitter does not releasing the files, causing a buildup of trayicons with the ultimate result of MP crashing.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aali-not-disposed-after-stopping-video-56153/

My opinion: quite a critical bug, what ever the cause may be.

Mossi

Portal Member
    September 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ah, ok, thanks, I will read this threadh
    But as stated above: I don't think it's a Haali bug, as with MPC-HC Matroska splitter in DXVA mode it's the same problem. Really a big problem.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not shure where to write it but also with latest code from SVN (23683) the bug about livetv which suddenly stops is still present. I've already provided my logs so i'm not shure about providing new again.

Is any dev aware of that? I wasn't able to find any mantis entry for this.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi disaster,

Thanks for this. The team is aware of the problem. I am pushing to get this resolved, but the more logs we have in order to identify the problem, the better it will be.

Does this happen on all recordings, or just some? Does it happen at the same time on a particular recording, or is it random?

What happens if you pause a recording for 30 minutes, then hit 'play' ?

Since this also happens in the latest SVN, maybe we should take this into the newer thread.

Thanks,

Mark

providers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also had the problem with this svn. (but unfortently I dont have any logs, I have just reinstalled)
    When watching live tv, then sudently the picture Stops.

Havent checked recording.
    Im using FloppyDTV-s2 cards.

/Providers

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi disaster,
    Thanks for this. The team is aware of the problem. I am pushing to get this resolved
    Thank you so much.

, but the more logs we have in order to identify the problem, the better it will be.
    I think two logs from me are enough? :)

Does this happen on all recordings, or just some? Does it happen at the same time on a particular recording, or is it random?
    All my logs are related to livetv - i don't watch recordings through rtsp. It is random for livetv.

What happens if you pause a recording for 30 minutes, then hit 'play' ?
    Should i test this with live tv?

Since this also happens in the latest SVN, maybe we should take this into the newer thread.
    Haven't found a newer one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom