MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-10-2009 19-26h - Revision:23831.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontwist

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've run into this IP problem in the past. Another way around, is to load the SQL managament software, & edit the IP address in the database.

It would be nice for the TVSetup software, to compare the IP in the database, to available IPs on local interfaces as a fail safe though.

Thanks, I'll see if can muddle through doing that!!

It's a bigger problem on my laptop which has a self contained client/server. When I take it from place to place, DHCP gives me a different address everytime, making it a pain..

I would be handy if the dropdown at least gave you the option to use 127.0.0.1 as your server (or even the local netbios name / dnsname) in this situation...?

Gordon

Just used the SQL editor to change

mptvdb > hostName to 127.0.0.1

and everything works a treat...

Maybe 127.0.0.1 should be an option in

TVServer Configuration > TVServers > Change streaming settings? (easy enough to add to the dropdown?)

It would certainly have been alot easier than download the SQL toolkit!!!

Gordon

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In my case, it was the upmix to 5.1/7.1 setting in music section, that had to be unchecked.

Finally had some time to test. Looks like you are correct. If i disable upmix to 5.1/7.1 setting in music, I don't have to manually edit the xml file.

None of this helped me. Still not getting the remote to work properly.

Hey ravenrocks,

Go to the mediaportal.xml file and find this entry:

<section name="volume">
    <entry name="digital">no</entry>

Change no to yes. Save and don't open MP config, but MP itself and see if your remote works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom