MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-28-2009 18-59h - Revision:23978.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Here powerscheduler wakes up PC only for one Schedule, records it, goes to sleep, but second, third .... and so on ... schedules powerscheduler doesnt wakeup PC. Had the problem with Vista, installed clean Win7 then, but same Problem.

Thanks for your great work! I can not imagine Life without MP :D

Cheers // Cress

Same here. I thought it might have been a issue with my setup or something (using Win7 x64) - but if you experience the same I fear it might be a bug. HTPC is waking up in my case (at least it did when I was around), but not recording. I configured it to reinitiate the service on each wakeup, so it can't have hung up, right? I was going to switch over to ForTheRecord now, as I already miss 3 episodes of Heroes as TV-Server didn't record them :(

Just to add a little weight to this issue, i'd like to say that I also have problems with (many) missed recordings for some time now. Never reported it, since I didn't see anybody else complaining about something like this. Last time this happened was a few days ago with the current SVN and it was the first (and at that time the only) schedule.

The PC (Win7/32, MP single seat) is configured to only enter S3, so this doesn't seem to be related to waking up from hibernation.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    HDTV with PowerDVD-Codec low frame rate and audio out of sync

With this SVN the H264-playback is broken with Cyberlink PowerDVD-Codec. The pictures freezes after some seconds on 1080i-channels. On 720P-channels (50fps) the playback speed is 50% slower than usually.

The only codec that runs fine is CoreAVC. The older SVN works fine with PowerDVD H264-codec.

Same happens here...

HDTV 720p goes to 30 fps. (avg. fps.) but don't drop any frame. Simply loooses sync with audio.

I've a short power computer but I've been using MP long time ago with success in HDTV. Since 1.1 betas and SVN the problem is here.
    I've tried to disable Dynamic refresh rate but happens the same.
    Some Catalyst changes....same
    In "old" 1.02 and 1.02 this behaviour appeared on 1080p resolutions (monitor not contends) so I decided to use 720p. I thought it was lack of computer power (although in ConfigTV in channel preview, it worked always fine in 720p and 1080p). Now appears always in full and windowed screen.

Changing tsreader.ax from version 1.02 HDTV is again OK on beta 1.1 +SVN 23978

I can send logs but system doesn't crash...

This problem doesn't happens with 1.01 or 1.02.
    My computer is P4 3200
    Ati 3450 1Gb Ram
    1.5Gb memory
    Powerdvd 9 - H264 codec
    And SAF 4.00 RC1
    Audio Spdif (coaxial) to Onkyo receiver
    Dual Screen Panasonic Plasma TV (Component) and Infocus Projector 720p (DVI-HDMI)
    TV card Hauppauge HVR-4000

Going back to 1.02 with same codec config... image is perfect.

Thanks
    A
    :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Sounds like the latest TsReader video pin property changes are affecting Cyberlink's ability to use HW acceleration (few other users have been reporting the same).

I'll provide a patched TsReader later in this week for testing.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,
    today MP does not start any TV anymore. It showed my only unknown error when i tried to start tv.
    So is started tvserver configuration but my card exist only satellite configuration was wrong.
    I fixed wrong satellites bust still unknown error.
    No i tried a satellite scan, worked well, but still again unknown error.
    Now my wive was a little impatient about not working TV, so i looked in tvserver error log and i saw a message "mysql database abort lock" and "database corruptions" where inside.

I don't know where it comes from (probably my little children played with the htpc and does not clean shutdown).
    But the major problem is that there was no usable message and the system behaved normally, beside the unknown error.
    Also there is no easy possibility to check and repair the database from gui.

I'm sorry that i forgot to save the logs but i was a little bit in hurry to convince my wive that MP is a great software and did a clean reinstall

peter

I'm having this problem so now and than, the first time it costed me 2 days to solve it, now it'll take 10 seconds :p

create a batch file on your desktop and run it as an administrator (it'll check and repair your corrupted database so tuners, tv guide and tv is working again):

@echo off
    cd /d "%programfiles%\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"
    mysqlcheck -A -c -v -r -uroot -pMediaPortal
    pause

It might be wise to add a check to MP, to check if the database is corrupted.
    This bug is VERY annoying.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Crash at the end of videos SAF 4 RC1

Sounds like the latest TsReader video pin property changes are affecting Cyberlink's ability to use HW acceleration (few other users have been reporting the same).

I'll provide a patched TsReader later in this week for testing.

Thanks.
    For the time... another problem is happening to me.
    When I play videos (tested with HD videos and also youtube and Aple videos form Onlinevideos 10) they crash at the end or in 99% of situations when stopped before the end. Pause used to be fine but not always. The thing is that seems to be a problem for MP to recover control. Is a strange crash. The last frame remains in view. MP does not respond but wachdog doen't detect the crash and doesn't provide logs. Closing with task manager is not possible and the only alternative is to open MP Config which closes MP properly but with no logs. Many times I've to restart the computer to recover control.

Thanks
    Sorry I'm trying to get logs but unable. (I'm going to read some about this)
    A
    I get the error.log

2009-11-02 17:08:08.796875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Método no encontrado: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_AllowRememberLastFocusedItem(Boolean)'.
    en MediaPortalApp..ctor()
    en MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
    2009-11-02 17:08:08.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Método no encontrado: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_AllowRememberLastFocusedItem(Boolean)'.
    2009-11-02 17:08:08.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void .ctor()
    2009-11-02 17:08:08.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :MediaPortal
    2009-11-02 17:08:08.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: en MediaPortalApp..ctor()
    2009-11-02 17:08:08.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Método no encontrado: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_AllowRememberLastFocusedItem(Boolean)'. MediaPortal en MediaPortalApp..ctor()

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have tested this SVN with the same result as before when it comes to live-tv on client. As soon as I change channel it stops working.

If its the new live555, why dont you change back to the old one?

I will try to upload some logs tomorrow.

Are anyone else having this problem?
    Are the devs looking into this?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    alexdepalma

SAF RC1 is actually "old". The latest release is Beta 19 (i think), and also find out how to unlock it ;)

EDIT: SAF 4.0Beta20test2 is the latest, dunno if it will solve your problems, but it's worth a shot :)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @alexdepalma

SAF RC1 is actually "old". The latest release is Beta 19 (i think), and also find out how to unlock it ;)

EDIT: SAF 4.0Beta20test2 is the latest, dunno if it will solve your problems, but it's worth a shot :)

Thanks for quick replay.
    I didn't mention but already tested with saf vers 20 with same resoult. Also with ffdshow video dec. happends the same with all my videos xvid divx and HD files. This time, Im lost.
    I've saf unloked.

Thanks again
    A:(

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Trying to play back MKV files with this SVN doesn't work. Most of the time it shows the first frame of the movie, but not always.[/B]
    This Issue is not limited to this SVN. I have the same Probs since 1.1 Alpha with all Versions (Alpha, Beta, every SVN I've tested).
    I've spend lots of hours trying to fix this until I find the most easy solution. Just reinstall Haali Splitter (without deinstalling first) and MKV playback works again... Every now and then you have to reinstall it. Haven't figured out why, but sh..t happens. This happens only to MePo. WMP, MPC-HC,... plays MKV without Problems in this situations without reinstalling Haali. And don't forget to activate avi support in Haali during install...

There's another issue with this SVN stopping me testing it. I've get an "TVplugin.tvfullscreen Plugin is not compatible with this Version and won't be loaded" Error on a fresh, clean install (Win 7 64Bit) without any extra Skins, Plugins, Codecs,... Sometimes MP works without any OSD in TV Mode. Most of the time MePo will crash if I try to "ignore" this. So i've changed back to 1.1.0 Beta.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just reinstall Haali Splitter (without deinstalling first) and MKV playback works again...
    :D Great hint, photopeter!
    I thought all users of SAF would do that because this approach is explicitly mentioned in the SAF thread first page, where it says you have to re-install SAF (including Haali) after update MP. Also reboot after deinstalling/new install of SAF is recommended.
    I think that´s why I never experienced the a.m. problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom