MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-30-2009 21-44h - Revision:24281.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpb

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-30-2009 21-44h - Revision:24281.rar

Same old issue with stuttering when disabling RTSP.
When Reader changes from one ts file to another there is still a short (2 second) stuttering problem.
I thought that issue was already fixed some time ago?

Any clues?

Thanx André
@Andre,

Hi, silly question maybe, but you disabled rtsp streaming only?
May I ask how?? Looked for an option to do this somewhere, but obviously
looked in a lot of wrong places! ;)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
MPC-HC subtitle renderer gives stuttery playback

Ok this is what I experience:

MP 1.1.0 BETA + 30-11-2009_SVN Build
Vista U 32bit
AMD 780G system with 2.3G X2

- Playing a x.264 file (eg a heroes episode) gives fluent playback without subtitles. This is good.
=> enabling the MPC-HC subtitle engine (press info button twice and select subtitles) => stuttery playback of video, this is with all video. The subtitle thingy is definitely the problem.

Some more info: when playing a X.264 file and using the MPC-HC subtitle renderer, everytime subtitles appear, the video playback stutters. I also see that the processor peaks tot 60% while placing subtitles on the video.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: MPC-HC subtitle renderer gives stuttery playback

Ok this is what I experience:

MP 1.1.0 BETA + 30-11-2009_SVN Build
    Vista U 32bit
    AMD 780G system with 2.3G X2

- Playing a x.264 file (eg a heroes episode) gives fluent playback without subtitles. This is good.
    => enabling the MPC-HC subtitle engine (press info button twice and select subtitles) => stuttery playback of video, this is with all video. The subtitle thingy is definitely the problem.

Some more info: when playing a X.264 file and using the MPC-HC subtitle renderer, everytime subtitles appear, the video playback stutters. I also see that the processor peaks tot 60% while placing subtitles on the video.

MPC-HC's subtitle engine is most likely to blame here. Please check the CPU usage with the MPC-HC standalone player.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

just tested and i have no stuttering or any other issue when using MKV movies + subtitles and MPC subtitles engine

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

just tested and i have no stuttering or any other issue when using MKV movies + subtitles and MPC subtitles engine

I do have problems, really. could you check CPU activity during subtitle playback?
    What hardware/codec/driver setup ?
    What are you MPC-HC subtitle renderer settings?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

I do have problems, really. could you check CPU activity during subtitle playback?

Tried a 1080P h264 movie and the CPU usage is 05%<->40% and GPU usage is 8%<->35% with and without subtitles...system specs. are on the left under My System

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Tried a 1080P h264 movie and the CPU usage is 05%<->40% and GPU usage is 8%<->35% with and without subtitles...system specs. are on the left under My System

I see you have a complete different hardware setup, intel chipset, intel CPU, HD4870... Do you use vista + EVR ?

Okay... I've located the problem. I only have the problem when I set the maximum texture resolution on "desktop" at the MPC-HC advanced properties. When it's set to medium, playback is just fine, as the CPU usage stays below 20% (dxva). Perhaps you could test that also out, Pretoriano?

77dramarc

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009

Hi,
    The new build fixed the problem with analog channel scan crash on my Hauppauge hvr-900h hybrid card.
    Although, when watching tv in mediaportal (analog or digital), sometimes the connection drops and I've to go back to the main screen of mediaportal and restart MyTv. Very annoying! I’ve attached log-files that might help you to help me and fix bug.

At around the time 21:42 (date: December 21), the Tv-picture and sound disappears.

Do you see anything odd?
    Looking forward to you comments.

Best regards
    Anders

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi!

Goto mediaportal.xml --> section tvservice and add the entry
    <entry name="usertsp">no</entry>

TV playback in multiseat works fast then BUT when tsreader moves from one timeshift file to another there is a stuttering problem.
    Frequency of the problem depends on how big your timeshift files are (500mb default I think)

Greetz Andre

Multiseat RTSP Problem ** THIS IS A BUG **

I tried to solve the above problem with rtsp streaming in multiseat setup on another system (using windows 7 pro).
    Althought everything was set up right from the beginning (clean install) the same problem occurs.
    When 2 clients are wathing a tv rtsp stream and the stream is ended on one client the second client crashes.
    Problem is only solved when restarting the tvservice service.

NEVER had this problem before and I am using MP for aprx. 2 years in multiseat now.

WHAT LOGS DO YOU NEED ??

Thanx / Greetz
    André

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Using this SVN but having problems with Live TV HDTV (Canal Digital Norway - DVB-C), have heard that there is trouble with the tswriter file, will it help me "downgrading" to 1.1.0 BETA without SVN (or another SVN where this works, if any) Or do I have to wait until RC1 is released?

This is what i have done.

Copy tsreader from 1.1 beta (without SVN)
    Then install latest svn
    Then unregsvr32 the new tsreader and replace it with the older one, then re-register it.

Link to tsreader from MP 1.1 BETA -> WebSVN - MediaPortal - Rev 24538 - /tags/Release 1.1 Beta/DirectShowFilters/TsReader/bin/Release/

Instructions -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-1-0-rc1-delayed-72797/index8.html#post543563

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom