MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-30-2009 21-44h - Revision:24281.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Using this SVN but having problems with Live TV HDTV (Canal Digital Norway - DVB-C), have heard that there is trouble with the tswriter file, will it help me "downgrading" to 1.1.0 BETA without SVN (or another SVN where this works, if any) Or do I have to wait until RC1 is released?

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Shoutcast plugin is broken and BTW this has nothing to do with webstreams via the built-in webstream card.
    @wjw: here it works perfect, I have about 120 radio stations mapped to the webstream card and all play fine.

Well, I'm baffled. I've tried a few more this morning and I cannot get any of them to work. Could you perhaps post in here one of your working URLs that I could try, just as a check.

All I am doing is copying URL from a browser that is streaming at the time and pasting it into the empty URL space in the Webstream card, then giving the station a name and exiting. The added station shows up in the Radio list, but as I say none of them will actually play. Is there anything esle to do?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The Shoutcast plugin is broken and BTW this has nothing to do with webstreams via the built-in webstream card.
    @wjw: here it works perfect, I have about 120 radio stations mapped to the webstream card and all play fine.

Well, I'm baffled. I've tried a few more this morning and I cannot get any of them to work. Could you perhaps post in here one of your working URLs that I could try, just as a check.

All I am doing is copying URL from a browser that is streaming at the time and pasting it into the empty URL space in the Webstream card, then giving the station a name and exiting. The added station shows up in the Radio list, but as I say none of them will actually play. Is there anything esle to do?

Better yet, throw us the URL of the staion you can't get to work :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here you have one example of a stream:
    mms://wstream5b.di.fm/salsa.
    Please have a look also on the screenshot:

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
      Image2.jpg
      96 KB

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    catavolt.

Thanks. I tried yours -and it worked instantly. Where does the "mms" come from in a web address? This is a new one to me - perhaps this is why none of mine work in MP (lthough I tried replacing the http with mms in one of mine and it still didn't work). Or is it that you are using SKY.FM as a streaming server? Is this a requirement for using the Webstream card rather than postimg in direct URLs?

pilehave.

Here are 3:

BBC iPlayer Console - Listen live - BBC Radio 2

97 Country

http://streaming.wmmo.com/_players/coxradio/index.php?callsign=WMMOFM

All of these play perfectly in a browser.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    @Catavolt.

Thanks. I tried yours -and it worked instantly. Where does the "mms" come from in a web address? This is a new one to me - perhaps this is why none of mine work in MP (lthough I tried replacing the http with mms in one of mine and it still didn't work). Or is it that you are using SKY.FM as a streaming server? Is this a requirement for using the Webstream card rather than postimg in direct URLs?

@Pilehave.

Here are 3:

BBC iPlayer Console - Listen live - BBC Radio 2
    97 Country
    http://streaming.wmmo.com/_players/coxradio/index.php?callsign=WMMOFM
    All of these play perfectly in a browser.

Yes they do because they open a flash/silverlight/whatever player first...

What you need is the URL of the streaming data service... Most of the time you can find it by looking at the webpage source code. Sometime you can't get access to it. (the idea of having an embedded player is to hide the source most of the time)

An example with the second one.

Looking at the source code you'll find :

Code:
    <input type="hidden" id="player_URL" value="http://wmc1.den.liquidcompass.net/">

Which means this is an hidden parameter that is being send to the flash/silverlight player.

So http://wmc1.den.liquidcompass.net/ is the actual stream URL you have to use. (I couldn't try at work so maybe it's not the case, but this is the general idea)

As for the mms:// protocol prefix you'll find information here : Microsoft Media Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another possibility would be to check if you can show the properties of the stream played. There you´ll find the correct URL which you then copy to the webstream card. This works always if you open the stream in WMPlayer.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    catavolt
    CHli

Thanks for your help. Obviously, it's just not that simple. I think I've cracked it for one of my choices - but looking at the source for the others it's going to take a while to work out the actual stream source.

I'll keep at it.:D

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-30-2009 21-44h - Revision:24281.rar

Ok this is what I experience:

MP 1.1.0 BETA + 30-11-2009_SVN Build
    Vista U 32bit
    AMD 780G system with 2.3G X2

- Playing a x.264 file (eg a heroes episode) gives fluent playback without subtitles. This is good.
    => enabling the MPC-HC subtitle engine (press info button twice and select subtitles) => stuttery playback of video, this is with all video. The subtitle thingy is definitely the problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom