MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

Some problems with this SVN:
I can't switch channels, first black screen appears and than last picture from last channel, I have to press Stop button and then change channel via guide.
For HDTV works PDVD9 only (SAF), CoreAVC, MPC, ffdshow don't work.

PetrMan!

I experience exactly the same issues. TV is very unstable with this SVN. :(

Please post more info otherwise it will be as unstable for the next one as well :)

I already did, but for whatever reasons, my posts ALWAYS seem to be ignored here. You have full clean logs attached to the post I have linked below which contain nothing but the exact scenario happening as described by the two users quoted in this post. The only difference is mine eventually changes channels. Sometimes.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ision-24553-rar-75169/index17.html#post554445

In order to work around this issue, I have to press STOP while in the guide and select the new channel. It works every time that way with no delay what so ever. This is obviously an issue with tsreader, tswriter, or both..

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

The TV seems to be fairly stable for me in this release...

But I have found a problem with dvb-s2 channels - I have 2 tuner cards (hauppauge nova 2 hd and a technisat skystar hd 2). Only one card will ever tune a dvb-s2 channel. The card that works always seems to be the last one that I performed a channel scan on. The other card gives a "No signal" error. This only happens with dvb-s2 channels, all normal channels seem to tune ok on both cards.

Example:

I clear my channels list and perform a scan on card 1.
    Card 1 finds all the dvb-s2 channels
    I tune in one of these channels and it tunes ok

I then perform a channel scan on card 2
    Card 2 finds all the same dvb-s2 channels and maps them to it
    I try to tune a dvb-s2 channel that should now be available on both cards.
    From the log, I can see that MediaPortal tries card 1 first, but this now gives a "no signal" error, so it tries card 2 which now tunes the channel ok.

To prove that card 1 can no longer tune dvb-s2 channels, I remove all channel mappings from card 2 and all of them give a "no signal" error.

Is it worth trying this again with an earlier release? Has anyone else ever had 2 dvb-s2 channels tuned from different cards at the same time?

I will post logs later this evening,

Thanks for any help

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

TV channel changing is not working on my system. Attached file is the result of:
    Starting TV: ok
    Changing channel: not ok
    Deactivating and activating TV: ok

I always have to (de)activate the TV to watch another channel, if they are on the same transponder or not. However MP drops no error message (like timeshift not working etc) while using the interface. Hope the logs are helping and switching back to prev SVN.

Happy new year to everybody :D

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007

I should not ask but hey, like many I have had big issues with this SVN and wondered if another would be a good idea given how many issues are getting fixed - just a thought that was all.

Keep up the good work!

Jez

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

TV channel changing is not working on my system. Attached file is the result of:
    Starting TV: ok
    Changing channel: not ok
    Deactivating and activating TV: ok

I always have to (de)activate the TV to watch another channel, if they are on the same transponder or not. However MP drops no error message (like timeshift not working etc) while using the interface. Hope the logs are helping and switching back to prev SVN.

Happy new year to everybody :D

I think the problem is your configuration. you can find the conclusion much earlier in this thread (as I did too :) )
    "ProjectC" gave the answer:

MediaPortal Config -> TV Client -> use host name not IP adress
    MediaPortal TV Server Config -> TV Servers use IP adress

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I should not ask but hey, like many I have had big issues with this SVN and wondered if another would be a good idea given how many issues are getting fixed - just a thought that was all.

Keep up the good work!

Jez
    The changelog and roadmap lists (for MediaPortal, TV-Server and Installer) are probably the best way to keep track of bug fixing. These lists show how much work is going into the development of MP. Note that a lot more work would be happening in the background. The links are along the right hand side of the home page :)

MLH01.

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France

Hi all,

I've moved from Beta 1 to this latest SVN and sofar everything seems to be OK. I use Win XP SP3, SAF unlocked with powerdvd codecs used

- TV is much stable and channel zapping is faster than before. With Beta1, it could take up to 15 seconds.
    - TV guide seems to be correctly updated using MCE data, before, I sometimes got empty EPG grid after an update, this behavior has not been reproduced sofar
    - Playing mkv, avi, wmc, mp3, ogg is OK
    - Standby is OK and after resume, I can navigate through mediaportal's menu without hick-ups, this was not the case with beta1
    - Recording is OK and PC has entered standby at the end

Sofar, this SVN looks good for my singleseat configuration.

One remaining problem that is not solved:
    I got stuttering video in LiveTV after resuming from standby. If I reboot the PC, everything is OK, but after resume I always got stuttering video: I don't know if it is really stuttering or deinterlacing problems or framerate issue. This problem was also present with beta1. Does anyone has an idea ?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi,

Just installed the SVN and come across a couple of issues in SetupTV:

#1. When combining TV Channels, the combined channels appear twice in the All Channels Group

If I combine a DVB-T channel with a DVB-S one e.g BBC ONE etc i get

BBC ONE 001
    BBC ONE 001
    BBC TWO 002
    BBC TWO 002
    etc

#2. After scanning both DVB-T and DVB-S the groups for terrestrial and satellite are created in the radio section but only the terrestrial channels appear in all channels. The satellite channels appear in the channels section but are absent from the all channels and digital sattellite groups.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.rar
      30.6 KB
    • TV Server.rar
      30.6 KB

thegunzo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2008
    Sauðárkrókur
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland

Hi all

I see something wrong with DVP epg function. I have both DVB-T and DVB-S tuner cards. According to epg.log I get around 150 epg updates from DVB-T sources but only 2 epg updages from DVB-S sources.

Happy new year team

Gunnar Gestsson

Attachments

• epg.zip
      30.6 KB

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007

Keep up the good work!

Jez
    The changelog and roadmap lists (for MediaPortal, TV-Server and Installer) are probably the best way to keep track of bug fixing. These lists show how much work is going into the development of MP. Note that a lot more work would be happening in the background. The links are along the right hand side of the home page :)

MLH01.

Did I ask for chagelog/roadmap directions?

Your comments don’t help at all regards further testing, SVN releases have become less regular over the last few months and this does not help wider testing/feedback.

Either the DEV team have changed policy or resources are simply at full stretch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom