MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

Also whilst I remember

#3 The large (Vista/Win7 desktop size) icon for SetupTV is still the old one.

Cheers guys for all the hard work you have put into the project. Everything is really starting to come together... roll on RC1 :D

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

hey guys,

i'm back from holidays and guess... I tried the new SVN ;)

i recognized some problems with the new TsReader. I used this sample: Wimbledon 1080i

I can't get it to play with the TsReader. Tried with graphedit. If Haali is used, everything works fine, if TsReader and same codecs are used, nothing happens, just black picture and no sound.

the rest works fine :) :D devs

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country

I have also just tried this new SVN. Many problems with playback of recorded TV. Live TV works fine, both HD and SD, using either MS or Cyberlink codecs. Pausing live TV is also fine. All the other things I tried were also OK.

Unfortunately I had so many problems with playback of stuff we had recorded I had to remove this SVN before I could get logs. There were loud family complaints!

All the problems arise when trying to fast forward/rewind a recording. On HD, MP mostly just froze, but even when it didn't it would never pick up at the point where it had been stopped but would always begin again at the start of the file. On SD, it looked as though fast forward was working, but when I pressed play or stop, the entry point was miles away from the picture on screen.

I'm running Win7 32 bit. The previous released SVN (11-30-2009 21-44h - Revision:24281) is almost perfect so I had to reinstall that quickly.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with logs.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

oh.. sry... forgot to say, that the logs just say something about EOF... see attached logs

i started MP, played the .ts file -> stopped it -> played the same, just renamed to .mkv -> again played the .ts

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

Heres my experiece of this SVN with SingleSeat Windows 7:

Live TV:

SD - Working OK
    HD - Working OK
    Encrypted Channels - Sometimes claims its scrambled (sorry no logs at the moment)

Channel Zapping:

SD to SD - OK ~3 Seconds
    SD to HD - OK ~5 Seconds
    HD to HD - OK ~3 Seconds
    HD to SD - OK ~3 Seconds

Generally zapping is slower than it was in Beta1 however I was using Vista & Cyberlink codecs where as now I'm using Win7 and MS codecs. Zapping was about one or two seconds in Vista and is now around three and up to five for HD.

Recorded TV:

HD - Working OK
    SD - Working OK
    Jumping +/- - Working OK
    FFw/Rw - Not Tested.
    Stop/Pause - Working OK

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

did some more testing...

h264 codecs: MPC, DivX, PDVD9
    audio codec: MPC-MPA, PDVD9

none of the combinations is working with the TsReader.ax carried out with this SVN. The TsReader.ax of the former SVN works with the PDVD9 and the sample i posted 3 posts before.

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

TV channel changing is not working on my system. Attached file is the result of:
    Starting TV: ok
    Changing channel: not ok
    Deactivating and activating TV: ok

I always have to (de)activate the TV to watch another channel, if they are on the same transponder or not. However MP drops no error message (like timeshift not working etc) while using the interface. Hope the logs are helping and switching back to prev SVN.

Happy new year to everybody :D

I think the problem is your configuration. you can find the conclusion much earlier in this thread (as I did too :) )
    "ProjectC" gave the answer:

MediaPortal Config -> TV Client -> use host name not IP adress
    MediaPortal TV Server Config -> TV Servers use IP adress

You are right, that helped! :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

I can't get it to play with the TsReader. Tried with graphedit. If Haali is used, everything works fine, if TsReader and same codecs are used, nothing happens, just black picture and no sound.

That sample works on my dev PC with TsReader (a bit newer than the this thread has, but contains no changes into parts that should cause such issues) with MS H.264 decoder, MPC-HC decoder, PDVD9 decoder, CoreAVC decoder or DivX H.264 decoder.

Please upload the TsReader log or wait for next SVN build to see if the issue is solved already.

Also, other please test that TS sample to see if the SVN works with it or not.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Sorry I can't be more helpful with logs.

Too bad as that most likely means that there won't be any fixes on those specific issues. Sorry, we cannot try to guess what is wrong as team testers doesn't see those issues.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Can confirm, that with this svn the wimbeldon sample is not playing.

I imported it as a TV-record. Other german HD channels like das erste hd or zdf hd are no problem on my tv with this svn. I use PowerDVD 9 Codec with MPC Audio.

Attachments

• Mediaportal.zip
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom