MediaPortal TV Server 1.5 Crashing (Out of Memory Exception) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can provide logs if you tell me what/how to get.
    Sure. Unfortunately logs won't tell us about the memory usage, but we can at least try to take a look.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

You can follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems. This means use option 3 to export existing log files. That will include the TV Server logs. Then just post the zip file. Thanks! :)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Try to upgrade to 1.6 Pre Release. There were some directshow/filter improvements.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    no more memory problems with 1.6 final ;-)
    Hmmmm, thanks for reporting back. (y)
    While I'm really glad the problem seems to have gone away, I can't think of anything that we changed that would have caused it to go. In any case, let's hope it stays away! :)

HDMS

Portal Member
    July 16, 2010
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This has been a long time to come back and is intended to let you know what I found, so here goes. 1.5 continued to crash due to lack of memory. What I found was while recording the TV Server service slowly grew in memory, so if I recorded for 6 hours straight then memory grew to around 1g. If recording stopped on all cards then TV Server would release the memory to around 70M.
    I also found if I switched in and out of recorded TV (listing the shows) it grew by about 4meg each time but didn't lease the memory.

As you mentioned above I have upgraded to 1.6 and haven't had a lack of memory crash since! In saying that memory still seems to leak during continuous recording but at a much slower rate and releases once all recordings have stopped. I no longer see memory leaking when moving in and out from the recorded TV screen e.g. it increases for a short time then releases the memory after about 10 sec or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom