MediaPortal & Wakeup for Recording (1 Viewer)

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
a) use gmps
or
b) use powerscheduler and let the powerscheduler idle timer shudown your pc for you. therefore stop playback got to home-menu and wait...

I recommend a) :)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
To me it sounds very weird that MediaPortal is missing this kind of a basic feature - working resume & suspend.

I've have so many problems with so many different configurations so not sure anymore which is real problem or
which is a configuration issue. And which is problem of PowerScheduler and which is for GMPS.

It would be very nice if this would be just implemented as Windows Media Center -- so that it works, without tons of
different options. Also strange that 3rd party plugin should be installed to get this working (and still it does not work).

I installed GMPS and it wokeup computer for recording and it also put it to sleep. It also put it to sleep while I was
watching recording. Today computer was completely shutdown so it was not waking anymore.

Pretty hard to trust MediaPortal that it would record shows I am asking it to. This is not hardware nor Windows problem
since Windows Media Center works perfectly.

MediaPortal + PowerScheduler is missing

1) Way to put computer to sleep manually. If I configure "MediaPortal Standby" to button, it simply goes to sleep even
if it is recording.
2) If I use other means to put computer to standby, it does not wakeup anymore. Seems like computer does not wakeup
if decision putting it to sleep was not made by PowerScheduler
3) Computer wokeup to record, then it decided to go back to sleep during recording -- this was probably because I also
configured PowerScheduler for Client, which is running on same machine. It was idle so it decided to put computer to
sleep? This should be prevented.
4) I configured Client's PowerScheduler to not go to sleep in any circumtances. Now computer went to sleep while I was
watching recorded show since TV service was idle.

Will I see some change in future or does it now work as planned?

Br,
Sohvaperuna

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
what is very important, is that you have only one software controlling your standby/resume.
-if you use powerscheduler, enable it in client and server and configure it exactly the same. DISABLE WINDOWS IDLE TIMERS
this is working, but you have to shutdown your pc via mp-menu or use powerscheduler idle timer to shutdown

-if you use gmps, disable powerscheduler plugins and windows idle timers.
if it's correctly configured it should block any shutdown when a recording is running.

so in fact both plugins work fine, when they are correctly configured.

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
what is very important, is that you have only one software controlling your standby/resume.
-if you use powerscheduler, enable it in client and server and configure it exactly the same. DISABLE WINDOWS IDLE TIMERS
this is working, but you have to shutdown your pc via mp-menu or use powerscheduler idle timer to shutdown

-if you use gmps, disable powerscheduler plugins and windows idle timers.
if it's correctly configured it should block any shutdown when a recording is running.

so in fact both plugins work fine, when they are correctly configured.

That's how I did. Windows idle timers has been always disabled.
Either was PowerScheduler or GMPS enabled.

Seems I have to get day off to figure out all of the GMPS options..

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
that won't be necessary :)
but I have some issues with gmps on my vista machine right now, too.
since the integration of windows away mode in gmps it may be a little tricky.
have a look at the gmps-forum to get the actual beta, which already solves some problems...

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
that won't be necessary :)
but I have some issues with gmps on my vista machine right now, too.
since the integration of windows away mode in gmps it may be a little tricky.
have a look at the gmps-forum to get the actual beta, which already solves some problems...

Nice, got it, now it does not even start anymore, crashes right on startup :)
Windows 7 x64 here..

I remember when trying to configure GMPS, there were two buttons which I suppose
will install some plugins to MediaPortal and TV Service, should I do it or not? Or is it probably
done during install phase?

I noticed there is GMPS plugin on TVService conf., I now enabled it. It does not seem to have any
configuration options.
From MediaPortal conf. I did not find any plugin.

Is there installation instructions in english (or finnish) which are up to date?

Edit; I pressed those buttons to install plugins and got error for both of them..

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
the two plugins should be installed during installation and activated after reboot.
the tv-server plugin in gmps settings should be green when activated, that's atm its only feature...
the mp-plugin is a process plugin, in gmps it changes color, depending on the activity in mp. (grey if not active, yellow if mp running and red if no mp blocks shiutdown)

there is no installation instruction, but gmps comes with a quite wide documentation, you can find it in start menu, or via gmps help inside the programm. (once it is installed)

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Got GMPS running after reinstalling it after uninstall...

I see that GMPS has created it own power management plan for windows, going to sleep after 10 min. I suppose this is as it should since it created it by itself..

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008

And BTW, thanks for help!

Guestion about Away mode. If I enable away mode from GMPS, computer does not go to sleep straight away, even though there is no recordings, is this how it should work? If so, when it goes to sleep?

If I disable away mode and suspend, it goes sleep right away..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom