Mediaportal with Hauppauge colossus to watch cable (1 Viewer)

p3m0

November 8, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm having a problem i'm using Hauppauge colossus 2 and have my cable connected using hdmi cable. I open up mediaportal configure to set channel but does not pick up the hdmi. I was using wintv 8.5 for it and it work perfectly but as of recent have experience choppy video even when recording. I have sent log to Hauppauge technical last month for the problem and they have not replied still waiting. So i have been looking around for wintv alternative to use and found mediaportal but can't get it to pick up hdmi. Any help would be appreciated.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm having a problem i'm using Hauppauge colossus 2 and have my cable connected using hdmi cable.
    If you scroll to the top of the current page, you will see that there is a "Documentation" button. If you click that, it will take you to the MediaPortal Wiki. Use the search box on that page to search for colossus. I did this and found eight hits.

The wiki mentions that the Hauppauge Colossus is supported (this page), but does not specifically mention the "Colossus 2" (so that might not be supported). There does not seem to be a page that gives details of setting-up the Colossus, but I think that MP views it as essentially an analogue tuner with built-in analogue-to-digital converter, so I suggest lookng at this page in the wiki to see if that is of any help.

I have no personal experience of the Colossus or of using an analogue tuner with MP, and regret that I cannot give you any further advice on how to set it up. If you cannot get it to work, you might need to wait for an existing MP Colossus-user to notice this thread and post with the relevant setup details.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

p3m0

November 8, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you scroll to the top of the current page, you will see that there is a "Documentation" button. If you click that, it will take you to the MediaPortal Wiki. Use the search box on that page to search for colossus. I did this and found eight hits.

The wiki mentions that the Hauppauge Colossus is supported (this page), but does not specifically mention the "Colossus 2" (so that might not be supported). There does not seem to be a page that gives details of setting-up the Colossus, but I think that MP views it as essentially an analogue tuner with built-in analogue-to-digital converter, so I suggest lookng at this page in the wiki to see if that is of any help.

I have no personal experience of the Colossus or of using an analogue tuner with MP, and regret that I cannot give you any further advice on how to set it up. If you cannot get it to work, you might need to wait for an existing MP Colossus-user to notice this thread and post with the relevant setup details.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Colossus shows up and tried what was in the wiki scanned for channels but no channels detected. Was trying for couple of hours but nothing. I did find another program that picked up the channel and am recording without the choppy laggy video. Thank you again for the fast response and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom