Mediaportal won't start after extensions update

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Makaveli, May 23, 2013.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I updated MP-TVSeries, PowerScheduler++ and Titan Extended with the MP Extensions Manager. After that, Mediaportal didn't start anymore. The only error I get is: Generic Application Error.
    And I should start MP with debug logging, but that doesn't provide anymore information. Logs are attached.

BTW, I already tried disabling the above extensions, but to no avail. Also running in debug mode, did not work.
    Furthermore, I re-installed MP. Logs are attached. How can I fix this without a proper error?
    This is a pretty new install of Windows 7 64-bit with 12GB of RAM. Before updating, MP did run correctly.

Edit: I did some extra tests, and now I can get it to run, but not on the third display. First and second display show no problems.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The error log shows:
    This is GPU related.
    Have you tried updating to MP 1.4 pre-release?
    @Scythe42 did a lot of work on the related code, so you may find the problem is solved... or you will at least get better support.

4. Makaveli

Makaveli Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I didn't install 1.4. Partly because it is a pre-release and this is the main MP machine. But unfortunately after uninstalling and reinstalling MP completely, the PC crashed. This happened when scanning for analog channels on a Hauppauge HVR-2200 (something with paging in a nonpaged area BSOD). After that the whole PC wouldn't start up correctly anymore. So I'm reinstalling and hopefully salvage all the data.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!