Mediaportal won't start after extensions update (1 Viewer)

Makaveli

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I updated MP-TVSeries, PowerScheduler++ and Titan Extended with the MP Extensions Manager. After that, Mediaportal didn't start anymore. The only error I get is: Generic Application Error.
And I should start MP with debug logging, but that doesn't provide anymore information. Logs are attached.

BTW, I already tried disabling the above extensions, but to no avail. Also running in debug mode, did not work.
Furthermore, I re-installed MP. Logs are attached. How can I fix this without a proper error?
This is a pretty new install of Windows 7 64-bit with 12GB of RAM. Before updating, MP did run correctly.

Edit: I did some extra tests, and now I can get it to run, but not on the third display. First and second display show no problems.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The error log shows:
    2013-05-23 15:26:53.238521 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: D3D: Exception: Generic application error. Enable
    debug output for detailed information.
    This is GPU related.
    Have you tried updating to MP 1.4 pre-release?
    @Scythe42 did a lot of work on the related code, so you may find the problem is solved... or you will at least get better support.

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I didn't install 1.4. Partly because it is a pre-release and this is the main MP machine. But unfortunately after uninstalling and reinstalling MP completely, the PC crashed. This happened when scanning for analog channels on a Hauppauge HVR-2200 (something with paging in a nonpaged area BSOD). After that the whole PC wouldn't start up correctly anymore. So I'm reinstalling and hopefully salvage all the data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom