MediaPortal2 will not stream content for multi-seat configuration (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Previously I waited longer i.e. 8 minutes, but when I took the logs, I just got out once I got the error because I knew nothing more would happen.
    Ok. But he respective log was not gathered at debug level. Could you repeat the exercise and track the time when you attempt to start playing a file and then stop? 1-2 min in between would be more than sufficient.

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. I only just got a chance to do so. I waited a few minutes after nothing happened this time, and I'll always do that in future when I log anything, now that I know that its of value.

I was reading some FAQs about MP2 and it writes about virtual drives being required to stream files. The explanation was too technical for me, but I had to delete these virtual drives when MP2 on 'Home' (server) crashed on me. I have set the drive to "J" on Home and Lennie via the MP2 client settings. I have an "s" drive on Home if that causes a conflict with virtual drives. I don't know if it is relevant.

I've attached the Lennie Logs. In my next post I'll attached the server device logs aka Home.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hi,
    A separate post was required to upload the Home (server device) logs. See attached. Thanks

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There are a number of issues...
    Someone better than I will need to figure this out.....

ServerError3log
    [2016-08-02 22:34:50,169] [6655606] [203 ] [INFO ] - Controller: streaming url:rtsp://192.168.0.13:554/6F433B93 file:confused::\Recorded TV\Super Rugby Extra Time.ts
    [2016-08-02 22:34:59,918] [6665356] [275 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\thumbs\Super Rugby Extra Time.jpg'.
    [2016-08-02 22:34:59,944] [6665382] [275 ] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: adding filename to list of pending deletions: S:\Recorded TV\Super Rugby Extra Time.ts

ServerError2log
    [2016-08-04 12:29:37,315] [79708100] [EPG Update thread] [ERROR] - Exception in Program.Persist() with Message update Program set idChannel = @idChannel, startTime = @startTime, endTime = @endTime, title = @title, description = @description, genre = @genre, state = @state, originalAirDate = @originalAirDate, seriesNum = @seriesNum, episodeNum = @episodeNum, episodePart = @episodePart, episodeName = @episodeName, starRating = @starRating, classification = @classification, parentalRating = @parentalRating where idProgram = @idProgram;

ServerError1log
    [2016-08-04 16:09:00,064] [17828 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: recalculating program states
    [2016-08-04 16:09:01,080] [18843 ] [DVB EPG timer] [ERROR] -
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Server stack trace:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at TvControl.IController.IsRecording(IUser& user)
    at TvService.EpgCard.IsCardIdle(Int32 cardId)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpgForChannel(Channel channel, IChannel tuning, Card card)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpg()
    at TvService.EpgGrabber.GrabEpgOnCard(EpgCard epgCard)
    at TvService.EpgGrabber._epgTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    On Lennie, I set the server resource setting to the same drive letter as the server resource on Home. Similarly on Lennie, I set the client resource mounting drive to the same drive letter as the client resource mounting drive on Home.

I can now play TV, TV recordings, Photos and Music from the Lennie MediaPortal 2 Client using WIFI. I cannot play my MP4 video files on Lennie's MediaPortal 2 Client, but I can play my MP4 Video files in Home's MediaPortal 2 Client. I am not the only one with this problem: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cant-read-any-video-files.134864/

Has anybody else had a similar problem? Do you know a solution.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

There are lots and lots of completely different errors. Your System (Codecs, Drivers,...) is completely meshed up.
    A few examples:

"TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph" this normally means the player can't play the video due to failures in Direct Show system..

"A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 192.168.0.13:31456" This is a network issue related to badly configured network environment...

"[EPG Update thread] [ERROR] - Exception in Program.Persist() with Message insert into Program..." This means you have a "faulty" EPG data source...

Those are only a few lines from one of the Server Error Logs...

but I had to delete these virtual drives
    This virtual drive is absolutely necessary for MP2 server to deliver media to any client. So you have killed the whole MP2 (and probably the whole Windows) installation this way...

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Lehmden,

I'm not sure if you are looking at logs for the server, Home (HTPC), which you requested, or the logs for the MP2 Client on Lennie, The MP2 Client on Home plays everything (TV, TV recordings, Photos, Music, Movies) fine. The MP2 Client on Lennie plays TV, TV Recordings, Photos and Music, but it does not play videos.

For now, I use the Windows DVD player app on Lennie to play Videos from across the network. Although it is annoying, I'm prepared to wait until there is another solution to fixing this issue.

As I said in my original post my priority was to get the TV and TV recordings up and running for the MP2 Clients. I've achieved that and I would like the convience of my videos being played from within the MP2 Client, but its not essential.

Thank you for your help

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm not sure if you are looking at logs for the server,
    Those are only a few lines from one of the Server Error Logs.
    Should have answered your question already...

TV recordings up and running
    TV recordings are nothing else than videos. So if you can play recordings you should be able to play videos too...
    Try to move (or copy) one of your TV recordings (the *.ts file) to your "other" video folder and do a reimport of this media source. If the recording did nor show up then you have done something wrong in general setup. Maybe you've entered the wrong credentials in your clients settings-...

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Lehmden,

I followed your suggestion of copying one of my MP4 video files to "Lennie". It wouldn't play for me. This test ruled out my network causing the problem. This test also narrowed my problem to playing MP4 files as your post confirmed that TV recordings use a .ts format.

I decided to install an MP2 Client only on another laptop ("Dellie") and attached it to the MP2 Server on "Home". I was able to play TV, TV Recordings, Photos, Music and VIDEOS. Success.

I compared the MPEG4 settings on "Dellie" with "Lennie". I found there were 4 codecs for MPEG4 (LAV, MainConcept x 2, Microsoft) on "Lennie", while there were only 2 codecs for MPEG4 (LAV and Microsoft) on 'Dellie". Both devices were using the LAV Video Decoder as the codec for MPEG4. My best guess is that the MainConcept codecs are causing some sort of conflict with the LAV codec on Lennie. I tried using the other 3 codecs instead of the LAV codec in MP2, but they didn't work for me.

So, I'm left in a catch 22 situation with "Lennie". If I remove my apps, then I will probably get MP2 Client working, and if I don't remove my apps, MP2 will remain broken for playing MPEG4 files. I've decided I won't remove by apps. Hopefully, some day the LAV codec will be able to live in harmony with the MainConcept codecs just like the LAV codec will work with the Microsoft Codec.

Thanks for your help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This test also narrowed my problem to playing MP4 files as your post confirmed that TV recordings use a .ts format
    Yes, but .ts files can be (at least HD recordings are) Mpeg4 files too. Can you try to mux one of your not playing mp4 files into Matroska container? It's easy to do with MKVToolnix and it's fast. So you can see if the issue is related to the codec or to the container (mp4, mkv, ts are container that don't say anything about the used codecs at all). If the mkv file will play and the mp4 file won't, it's an issue of the default splitter in your directshow system on "Lennie". If the mkv also don't play it's a codec issue.

My best guess is that the MainConcept codecs are causing some sort of conflict with the LAV codec on Lennie
    In general it is wise to have as few codecs installed as possible. The Microsoft Codec is part of the OS and can not be removed (easily). LAVF is the most advanced codec today and can play nearly everything. That's why it is bundled with MP (1 and 2). Some time ago I have done some testing with mainconcept codecs too and they are not as good as LAVF but they are working. If you can not get rid of mainconcept codec because other apps needed them you may try to uninstall the LAVF codec (control panel - software) and see if the client then can play your mp4 videos with mainconcept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom