MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is it possible to make this work on the last stable release??? I don't like using the SVN's because they are not stable.

that is my one big complaint about MediaPortal as a whole is that everyone develops to the SVN's and not the stable releases. That right there has probably chased away more users than anything. Even though there are supposed to be no more releases of MP 1, there are still SVN's being done.

By the way, this is an AWESOME plugin. I just hope I can get it to work on the last stable release.

If not, then what is the required stable SVN that is needed. I have spent a couple of days off and on trying different SVN levels hoping to find a good one that does what I need it to do.

or is it always the latest SVN? I can't even install the latest few SVN's because of the $NAME error on install. I am tracking that (those) threads to see if\when that is fixed.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is possible to use DVDFab HD Decrypter or DVDShrink+DVD43 instead of DVD Decrypter??

In general this plugin needs command line interface so if you can find such a ripper most certainly it can be supported.

DVDFab HD Decrypter works otherwise except it asks user interaction after ripping complete. But if there is enough people asking to remove that last messagebox then yes. So some pressure needed towards DVDFab by you all - be polite and they actually might remove that.

Is it possible to make this work on the last stable release??? I don't like using the SVN's because they are not stable.

If not, then what is the required stable SVN that is needed. I have spent a couple of days off and on trying different SVN levels hoping to find a good one that does what I need it to do.

or is it always the latest SVN? I can't even install the latest few SVN's because of the $NAME error on install. I am tracking that (those) threads to see if\when that is fixed.

Unfortunatly this is using core components and changes made after the 0.2.3.0 release and there is no way to make this backward compatible - sorry. But any SVN after, lets say, February should work. If Rip Disc button will cause crash then you are using too old version.

I have always used SVNs without any major defects... just pure luck I guess.

/m

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks for the info. having current problems with the latest SVN's, so a little frustrated right now.

I was trying to use a later SVN to solve the problem of the album covers not showing up in the shares view.

thanks again for the awesome plugin. Are you still taking suggestions for improvements??

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't like using the SVN's because they are not stable.
    I can't even install the latest few SVN's because of the $NAME error on install. I am tracking that (those) threads to see if\when that is fixed.
    I've always been using SVN (currently MediaPortal-svn--04-01-2008--05-05-Rev18463) - I've been running this since it was released on two pcs and have never had any "real" problems, everthing works fine for all the parts I use anyway ;)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    Hi,

very nice plugin, but i think im doing something worng. Im using SVN 18584. Now i put a dvd, and got it ripped into a designated folder. It ripped ok and made 2 files (iso & md5). now when i go in my videos, i find the film, but when i play it, it shows the dvd intro, then the main menu, then that's it. I can not navigate the menu or anything. i can only stop the movie.

Note: i have virtual deamon manager on my pc and have it setup to handle iso's in the MP settings.

Thanks for the must have plugin.

Edit: Problem solved, i have no clue how, just stopped MP, went into the config of DVD in MP, went over everything, started MP again, and it worked :)

Thank u for the again must be a part of MP plugin :)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    It also works with black & blue ... just copy the MediaSlayer.xml from Monochrome into black & blue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom