MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (1 Viewer)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Sorry to be a noob though what are the two zip files for? are there required files in there? and if so how do i apply them?
    Thanks

You don't need those at all. Patch is for developers and dll if you like to tune up HTPC experience.

But here comes the big one! Mencoder is the way to implement Mpeg4 support for this plugin. I have already a working piece of code ripping directly from DVD with AC3 sound track, subtitles, etc. and you can even see the progress of encoding status. Need some polishing and will release it soon. :eek:

What kind of settings do you think you need? Sub on/off and language, audio track language and bitrate are mandatory but what else. There is so many parameters that keeping this simple will cause some ??? Or quality settings can be just a text line and everybody can adjust those how they prefer (also easy for me to code).

Stay tuned.

/m

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Now it is here, Mpeg4 encoding on the fly from DVD!!! See first post and try it out.

/m

tinbin

May 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi thanks for the work you've done, but I can't rip a CD, when I click 'Rip Disc' I receive error 'No disc inserted!'

What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.0.0.0 RC1 SVN 19158, Monochrome 2.0.

Thanks, Andy.

Oh, I have an audio CD in the tray, it's Drive G: though.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi thanks for the work you've done, but I can't rip a CD, when I click 'Rip Disc' I receive error 'No disc inserted!'

What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.0.0.0 RC1 SVN 19158, Monochrome 2.0.

Thanks, Andy.

Oh, I have an audio CD in the tray, it's Drive G: though.

Do you have several CD drives? This plugin will use the first one, but you can change it in MediaPortal.xml -> MediaSlayer section. I know this should be improved but normally should not be a problem.

/m

Edit: I found several instances where drive letter from MediaSlayer settings was not used - will correct that in next release soon. So probably if you change that it does not have any effect. Sorry about this.

tinbin

May 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a few CD Drives, unfortunately the fist one wasn't the one I wanted to use!

I set the drive in the XML like you said and it didn't do the trick, like you said.

Good news is, the drive 'in front' of the desired source drive was virtual, so I turned it off and bingo, it works! What a fantastic tool!!!

So, I fully agree it's low priority since it's 'work-around-able' and not going to affect most users. Please don't appologise, I'm happy you found the bug, and in my own little way happy I helped.

I notice we've ignored the above post, (oops now I haven't). If he saved up some of the time spent trolling, he could write a cracking install guide himself?

I for one am very grateful for your effort.

Andy.

Sidney

Portal Member
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    request

Hey this app is going great! :D just two requests though

1. is it possible to have a GUI for selecting the drive you want to use. Also is it possible to have two going at once?

2. What do you think about an "auto rip feature" well more like an auto play... So when you put the disc in it asks the question "Would you like to RIP this disc?" and a "yes" or "no".

Cheers again for a sweet plugin! :D

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hey this app is going great! :D just two requests though

1. is it possible to have a GUI for selecting the drive you want to use. Also is it possible to have two going at once?

2. What do you think about an "auto rip feature" well more like an auto play... So when you put the disc in it asks the question "Would you like to RIP this disc?" and a "yes" or "no".

Cheers again for a sweet plugin! :D

1. Do you mean in setup or MP side. I will put a drive selection on setup page after figured out how to do that (still learning to code). And for two rippings going on at the same time - :eek: - multithreading tasks are my expertise, how did you know?

2. Will not happen as that will need a process plugin, I think, or core patching.

Nothing is not enough - just kidding ;)

/m

Pitscho

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does a way exist to define the mp3bitrate ?

Nobleware

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Rockingham, WA
    Home Country
    I notice we've ignored the above post, (oops now I haven't). If he saved up some of the time spent trolling, he could write a cracking install guide himself?

Sorry tinbin, all that time is consumed trying to guess how plugins work from people who assume the rest of the world already knows what they do.

But when I completely suss it, i'll be sure to write said cracking install guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom