MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
new question, first time i installed it, it only showed the iso file in the my videos, but now the mds file also shows, although i only added iso extension to the video extenstions in the MP config panel. how can i get rid off the mds file from the list?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
modification request: Add the ability to get the movie cover art for a DVD the way you can get it for the CD's. That would be REALLY awesome.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    new question, first time i installed it, it only showed the iso file in the my videos, but now the mds file also shows, although i only added iso extension to the video extenstions in the MP config panel. how can i get rid off the mds file from the list?

Unselect create MDS file from Decrypter settings.

mlburgoon said:
    modification request: Add the ability to get the movie cover art for a DVD the way you can get it for the CD's. That would be REALLY awesome.

Core feature - can't change that. But you can select different cover from details view. I will check if those two buttons can be added somehow. Then you can change cover directly from this plugin. Is that OK solution?

/m

ManOnMoon

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    Germany
    Just installed this nice plugin again on the RC1 version. I had it already running with older versions but now I ran into some problems:
    Everytime I try to rip a CD Mediaslyer copys the first Wav File and then aborts with the error message - "The system cannot find the file specified".
    I assume that the wrong path/filename is given to lame but how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Ok, I have finally had some time to rebuild my system from scratch, got my new 42" 1080P tv, and start working with MediaPortal again. Been a while.

This plugin is GREAT!!

I am using the Monochrome skin.

Issues I currently have (very minor):

1. I was reading the "about" screen that shows the "credits" and "based on work by" and a DVD got done ripping. I was able to close the first window, but not the second. I have not tried to reporduce this issue yet, so it could be something else happened to, but that is what I saw.

2. The on-screen keyboard does not look good at all. The letters are not in the "keys" correctly, but pretty close. The "word" keys do not fit in the keyboard at all. Very hard to see and use the "qwer" keys becasue the word\key to the left of it spills over into\onto those keys as well. Probably something with the skin, but not sure.

Again GREAT WORK. Minor little things is all I found. otherwise it works great, is great, and the person who wrote it is great. "GREATS ALL AROUND!!!!!"

thanks

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Any plans on supporting ripping of TV series DVDs where you want to save different chapters or PGCs to separate files?

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Everytime I try to rip a CD Mediaslyer copys the first Wav File and then aborts with the error message - "The system cannot find the file specified".

Any logs or at least song title. If there is some special chars in title that can happen - wild guess. Song names will be converted to safe names but you never know.

Ok, I have finally had some time to rebuild my system from scratch, got my new 42" 1080P tv, and start working with MediaPortal again. Been a while.

1. I was reading the "about" screen that shows the "credits" and "based on work by" and a DVD got done ripping. I was able to close the first window, but not the second. I have not tried to reporduce this issue yet, so it could be something else happened to, but that is what I saw.

2. The on-screen keyboard does not look good at all. The letters are not in the "keys" correctly, but pretty close. The "word" keys do not fit in the keyboard at all. Very hard to see and use the "qwer" keys becasue the word\key to the left of it spills over into\onto those keys as well. Probably something with the skin, but not sure.

Your message sounds more like a paid advertisement :D Glad to hear that someone is using this and is happy with it. Actually this was my first time I ever touched C# and while learning by doing who knows what this can be in the future.

#1 is most propably a bug. Easy to correct but will do it after some new functions implemented (like DivX conversion using mencore). Oops, did I reveal something?

#2 are you using what resolution? Virtual kb is dependant on skin native resolution and can misplace letters if not used. This is speculation, haven't check from code or tried this but make sense?!? There is also new version of Monochrome skin. What happens with that? What I can say is that this plugin does not cause that as virtual kb is core feature.

Any plans on supporting ripping of TV series DVDs where you want to save different chapters or PGCs to separate files?

This plugin is totally tied with command line interface provided by Decrypter, which is very limited, so no can do.

/m

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    yeah, I didn't think the plugin was doing the virtual keyboard. I am using version 1.9 of the monochrome skin on a full HD 1080p screen. running the PC at 1080P as well.

Sidney

Portal Member
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok this is exactally what i have been looking for!
    Just want to say a big thanks!

Sorry to be a noob though what are the two zip files for? are there required files in there? and if so how do i apply them?
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom