memory leak while pausing with VMR9 renderless and windowles (1 Viewer)

morior

Portal Member
August 17, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.1.3
Skin: bluetwo
Windows Version: XP2
CPU Type: AMD semperon 2200+
Memory: 512 ddr
Motherboard Chipset: via km266a-8235
Video Card: abit r9200se-dt
Video Card Driver: ati2mtag.sys 5.14.10.6467
Video Card Resolution: 1144x644
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: cyberlink, dscaler, intervideo
Audio Codec Type & Version: cyberlink, dscaler, intervideo
TV Card: pvr-150mce
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: cmuda.sys

Synopsis: I am well aware of the memory leak with overlay, but no matter what settings I change the memory starts climbing immdeately after pressing pause and nothing brings it down. I haven't seen the memory leak assoicated anywhere else besides overlay so what else could the problem be? I believe I have a fairly typical setup and everything else works fine, but after leaving it paused I can bring the movie back. It will stutter ever few mintues, but otherwise works fine. If I try to go back to the main screen everything is black. I can still operate it with the MCE remote, but all screens are black. shutting media portal down and bringing it back dumps all the used memory and it's back to working normal. this is my last little issue before I put it in full time use at my house so please help.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    this was a problem for some users with the .1.3 release (me included).
    It was fixed with a later CVS release. Unfortunately there aren't any .1.3 versions posted on the CVS site.

You have two choices, you can pm me your email address and I'll send you the file (it's just under 3Mb) otherwise you can try v .2 with a CVS from around November 10 (some of the more recent releases gave people trouble, again including me).

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    cool. I knew I'd seen it around somewhere, but I thought it must have been lost with the move to a new host.

I've already sent morior a copy of 08-24-2005 (I found that one a little better for my use).

morior

Portal Member
    August 17, 2005
    update

I applied the new update and ran start.bat. it worked fine and kept all of my settings, but now I click on pause several times before it will stay paused and the memory still climbs, but not as fast. I left it paused overnight to see what it would be like in the morning and it had apperantly crashed at some point. what else can I check or do?

morior

Portal Member
    August 17, 2005
    So no answers?
    I'm going to try a few of the others, maybe even .2 to see if any of those will resolve the issue.

IronStove

Portal Member
    December 6, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Same problem?

I have the same problem with memory leak after pausing. If I start a movie and press pause, and then stay away for a few hours or so the memory usage is sky high. No matter what I do the memory usage is unchanged if I dont kill the process in Task Manager. I would like to help what version Im using but I deleted the installfile and dont know how to find out vhat version Im running. I downloaded and installed the latest version the 6:th of December.

morior

Portal Member
    August 17, 2005
    It hasn't seem to matter which verison I use, I finally just stopped pausing and hit stop. It works about the same. I still won't use it for tv viewing because of this. I also have the problem of when I hit ff or rw I have to press it multiple times before it registers. I tried the latest version of .20 but it crashed too often to be of any use.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Wow, so you still have this issue? Can you give some examples of how much the memory climbs? Ie, usage before and after pausing?

RC2 and the CVS from the last couple of days have been very stable so it's possible there may be an underlying issue with your system somewhere.

I hate to give the stereotyped IT response, but maybe it's time for a windows reinstall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom