[not reproducible] MePo crash after update - Failed to locate assembly 'Bass.net, Version=2.4.10.0 (1 Viewer)

Terra

Portal Pro
August 25, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
It seems the installer messed up pretty bad the first time. Now that I have run the installer again as described above MP TV-Series and Moving Pictures are not working anymore. As I read from the announcement post I assume that they should not work after the update because of the skin changes.

Before I ran the installer the second time those two were working (after I had exchanged the bass dll's and could start MP)

EDIT:
I have uninstalled MePo and fresh installed MePo 1.4pre, now also MP TV Series and Moving Pictures work ...

Last edited:

jimekus

Portal Member
July 13, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have the same symptoms after an upgrade but the dll in question is log4net. The error message occurs when trying to access the plugin section of MP configuration. MediaPortal itself loads without error. The error dialog is requesting version 1.2.10.0 but the installed version is 1.2.11.0, however after a standard uninstall of MediaPortal and the TV Server, followed by a fresh install of 1.4, my data wasn't kept intact so back to 1.3 I go. I really wanted to see if our huge collection of Bluray iso files could be handled by moving pictures.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same symptoms after an upgrade but the dll in question is log4net. The error message occurs when trying to access the plugin section of MP configuration. MediaPortal itself loads without error. The error dialog is requesting version 1.2.10.0 but the installed version is 1.2.11.0, however after a standard uninstall of MediaPortal and the TV Server, followed by a fresh install of 1.4, my data wasn't kept intact so back to 1.3 I go. I really wanted to see if our huge collection of Bluray iso files could be handled by moving pictures.

Try updating your OnlineVideos plugin using MPEI to fix the log4net problem.

jimekus

Portal Member
    July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OnlineVideos plugin was updated to the latest, by the extension builder, immediately before the 1.4 upgrade. If there is a later plugin just for MP 1.4 then I'll setup another PC to test this.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    OnlineVideos plugin was updated to the latest, by the extension builder, immediately before the 1.4 upgrade. If there is a later plugin just for MP 1.4 then I'll setup another PC to test this.

It may have updated to the latest version compatible with 1.3, but now you have installed 1.4, there should be a newer version.

Just get the extension installer to update its information from online and the new version should show up.

kimnach

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Hinckley, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Terra,

Go to %temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy (after start full installer and close it)
    Install separate installer : package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe (if you use TV)

The update process should be ok and try again :)

ok, I've had the same problem: sort of.

when I first updated to 1.4pr last night, I received an incompatable tvplugin error, so I uninstalledMP. after the uninstall, I deleted the tvplugin, then re-installed 1.4pr. Now I get the bass.net error when I click on the "Plugins" of the MePo config. (MePo seems to run fine when I start it.)

I tried the dlls in the zipped file above, although my dll was the correct size. so I've tried to re-install a couple more times tonight. (what do they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?)

no luck trying to run this separate installer. no clue. couldn't fin the spate packages anywhere after starting and stopping the full installer.

attached are logs. I see that there's a problem with titan.

i'm going to uninstall everything, clear the logs folder, and upload all new ones....tomorrow.

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same error as in post #1.
    Also overwriting the attached bass-DLLs didn't solve it.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have the same error as in post #1.
    Also overwriting the attached bass-DLLs didn't solve it.
    It will most likely be a plugin (probably rockstar). Remove the dll and it should then work

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, it was the pureaudio.dll. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom