MePo Tools - Download ClearArt/CDArt/ClearLogos, Music Video clips and more! (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Build 127 (in first post):
    If the video clip can not be loaded in 5 attempts, then the next time it will be ignored.

Code:
      12-09-2013 15:50:16.636 - Get AudioDB URLs for [5e7a7026-dfc5-4aba-8496-95140716f3db] Slash
      12-09-2013 15:50:16.748  A: Beautiful Dangerous|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8|http://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/thumb/utwrxp1359923494.jpg
      12-09-2013 15:50:16.748  URLs [1] retrive for Slash
      12-09-2013 15:50:16.748  AudioDB URL [1/1] for Slash :: Beautiful Dangerous=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8|http://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/thumb/utwrxp1359923494.jpg
      12-09-2013 15:50:16.750  [SA]: D:\Work\Programming\Delphi\MePoTools\Video\Slash - Beautiful Dangerous.avi, ID http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjmTf31MAe8|e6452b798e9014078f21d7a0fa806b154bcf4ac2, the number of attempts is exhausted.

Code:
    [slash - beautiful dangerous]
    Attempt-e6452b798e9014078f21d7a0fa806b154bcf4ac2=5

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Is there a wiki or separate thread for this tool? I've just discovered it, but reading the first 10+ pages or so is 99% developers discussing the coding they're doing to the app. Same with the last 5 pages. I couldn't invest a couple of hours reading all 35 pages to find answers to the following, so perhaps someone could answer them and the first post updated for other non-developers to get a better idea of things:

- where can I use the output of this tool?
    - if I download youtube videos, will they appear as an option in MP's music player somewhere?
    - if not, what's the point of having the videos - does any part of MP know about music videos or is that another plugin I have to install?
    - does downloading tv series fanart show up by default somewhere in MP? Does it replace/add to existing banners? (I think the problem is that I don't know what "fanart" is)
    - what does the 'D' under the Youtube column in the Music (Artist) tab mean?

Also, its not clear (and quite non-intuitive) that in order for any actual functions to work, you have to enable them within the Settings screen. I went through the process of filling in lots of stuff in Setttings, then tried activating things only to find that nothing happens. This is really non-intuitive and goes against any program I've ever seen - surely, if I go to the Music (Artist) tab and click on the buttons, something should happen! Perhaps just have the buttons greyed out with a message or something saying, "You can't use these unless you turn this function on in the Setttings menu" (which in itself is really quite a strange thing)

I'm just really trying to work out whether this tool is of any use. Sure, I can download disk images and things, but if its not spelled out how I can use them, I don't know if this is the start of a very long effort or something that will immediately give me benefit.

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    does any part of MP know about music videos or is that another plugin I have to install?

Look in the popular plugins section for MVCentral, it's a music video plugin.

I would like to see some instructions for the youtube section, cant seem to get it to do anything other than add a 'D' under the youtube tab.

Perhaps a new thread could be started for the plugin because as mentioned above, this one is full of dev talk and that's not helpful for end users.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @dir @Shangostar
    what does the 'D' under the Youtube column in the Music (Artist) tab mean?
    D - Download video clips for this artist. If the option is enabled:
    mp.png
    For all the artists will be delivered this feature by default. And then it will be possible for some of it off. Pressing the letter D in the column. If it is disabled then this feature will not be for everyone. In addition to those included in the manual.

if I download youtube videos, will they appear as an option in MP's music player somewhere?
    Look MVCentral plugin.

does downloading tv series fanart show up by default somewhere in MP? Does it replace/add to existing banners? (I think the problem is that I don't know what "fanart" is)
    Many skins support the conclusion of these pictures. You can try my theme for the Titan skins. Or AvallancheAddict (an Avallanche Theme)

Setting up this program's in most cases reduced to two prefilled fields and pressing the Fill.
    mp.png

PS: Due to the fact that I do not know much English, I really can not describe the setting. So please ask, I will try to help and answer.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I would like to see some instructions for the youtube section, cant seem to get it to do anything other than add a 'D' under the youtube tab.
    In what way I can help in setting up youtube section?
    mp.png[DOUBLEPOST=1379422451][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks, ajs, that clears up some questions!
    Question that is not clear, I will try to answer all the questions. This program was written in haste. Then it was a lot of added functionality. That is, can assume that the program is a 4 stuck together into one. But I have to rewrite it is no desire. Therefore, she is as she is.[DOUBLEPOST=1379422560][/DOUBLEPOST]I can describe the settings of the program in Russian, but who will be able to properly translate them into English, I do not know. A google translator does not do much good.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you get a wiki page up for it I will gladly contribute in english

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If you get a wiki page up for it I will gladly contribute in english
    I shake myself a little bit and try to make the wiki's page. We must learn how to do it. You can still ask for @kiwijunglist to it or I did the layout. And moved the fact that in the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom