Merge & Combine Folders Solution Found (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if there is enought interest, then i can create a tutorial movie for that :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if there is enought interest, then i can create a tutorial movie for that :)

Yeah, but finish up the other one first(yeah you know what i mean :D )

*lol* indeed.
    animation is ~90% done.
    rendering it in 720p will eat up the most time. i guess something between 12 and 24 hours. depends on how nuts i get with settings for lighting, AA and motion blur :D

therock9

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hmm

so i have

F:\FTP\movie
    D:\FTP\movie

i should go into the folder and make juntion points of every movie to C:\FTP\movie?

Could i say all folders and files in movie on F: and D: juntion to C:\FTP\movie?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hmm

so i have

i should go into the folder and make juntion points of every movie to C:\FTP\movie?
    no.

only folders can be sources.

you could i.e. have:
    - TV-Series
    - Movies
    - Documentations
    - Fun
    - Musicvideos

create links for each folder from D:\FTP\movie in F:\FTP\movie, to get:
    - Documentations
    - Fun
    - Musicvideos
    - TV-Series (link)
    - Movies (link)

and set F:\FTP\movie as share in MediaPortal -> presto :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i cant understand what is the difference between doing this or just selecting in MP configuration so that several folders appear? is it so that when u open my videos you get into a folder with all the subfolders instead of being inside one of these subfolders(and having to go back)?

cant it be done in mp configuration? oh and this is only for xp,right? no vista as i can see in the link.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    i cant understand what is the difference between doing this or just selecting in MP configuration so that several folders appear? is it so that when u open my videos you get into a folder with all the subfolders instead of being inside one of these subfolders(and having to go back)?

cant it be done in mp configuration? oh and this is only for xp,right? no vista as i can see in the link.

1) There is a difference. For instance i have my films on d:\ and e:\. What i needed was a way to be able to enter my videos, and having all movies there. Not "movie folder a" and "movie folder b". I have categories inside my movie folders, 2 categories is on e:\ while the other 8 is on d:\. When i enter my videos now, all the categories are listed as if they where all in the same place.

2) Its working on vista for me.

Gl =)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

1) There is a difference. For instance i have my films on d:\ and e:\. What i needed was a way to be able to enter my videos, and having all movies there. Not "movie folder a" and "movie folder b". I have categories inside my movie folders, 2 categories is on e:\ while the other 8 is on d:\. When i enter my videos now, all the categories are listed as if they where all in the same place.

2) Its working on vista for me.

Gl =)

ok, thanks for that, i understand now !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom