Merge & Combine Folders Solution Found (2 Viewers)

pgitta

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Why is it exactly that you can't select as many recording drives/folders as you please anyway?

I guess I don't see what the big deal is in coding that small feature. All the other media center apps do that, why not MP?

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
WOW! I've googled for this in the past looking for something akin to unix symlinks in windows and found nothing. Luckily I chanced upon this post, a few mins later and all 3 drives now appear as one, much better than mapping drives to folders.

It's a shame it cannot merge folders of the same name on diff drives, though fortunately that's not a problem as I have f:\movie\a thru f:\movie\r + h:\movie\s thru h:\movie\z so linked each letter subfolder to get e:\video\movie\a..e:\video\movie\z. I noticed that tool allows you to multi-select folders when creating junctions which makes it very quick.

Deffo the coolest thing I've come across in a while.

Cheers

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is all very cool, but it appears that you cant create junctions/symoblic links on mapped network drives, which is a bummer as ALL my data is on my network drive(s) (Windows Server 2008, NTFS drives). Anybody know of any workarounds / solutions ? (I have "Remote Capabilities" checked, and have tried with both mapped drives and full UNC paths, no combination works! :( )

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is all very cool, but it appears that you cant create junctions/symoblic links on mapped network drives, which is a bummer as ALL my data is on my network drive(s) (Windows Server 2008, NTFS drives). Anybody know of any workarounds / solutions ? (I have "Remote Capabilities" checked, and have tried with both mapped drives and full UNC paths, no combination works! :( )
    You must create the junctions on the server and then share this folder.
    You can not create a junction between mapped networkdrives on a client, because that is not how it is meant to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom