MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (5 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml is only configuration file for TV server plugin and it has no relation to merged filter - merged filter doesn't load this file.
    Ahhh, I understand. It's a bit confusing to use a file to store settings, because most (all?) other plugins store their settings in the TVE database.
    So to be clear: is MPIPTVSource.ini still used?

This makes sense, channels are mapped to cards, which can have their own specific settings. But I don't have any idea, how will works scanning of new channels, because TV server will not know, which IPTV card should be used.
    It would be the same as with any other tuner (consistent :) ): the user chooses the tuner which they will scan with. TV Server doesn't have to know.

Keep things simple.

Make things complicated
    Unfortunately "simple" and "complicated" aren't always objective.
    To me it seems "simpler" (or at least more consistent) to have some/all of the plugin functionality built into TV Server configuration, rather than in a plugin. That would enable using the provider/device-supplied m3u files directly (no need for the user to modify URLs if the settings are applied automatically by TV Server). I'd also have said that all configuration should be stored in the TV Server database.
    ...but I'm sure some people will think another way is simpler. :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml is only configuration file for TV server plugin and it has no relation to merged filter - merged filter doesn't load this file.
    Ahhh, I understand. It's a bit confusing to use a file to store settings, because most (all?) other plugins store their settings in the TVE database.
    So to be clear: is MPIPTVSource.ini still used?
    MPIPTVSource.ini is still used by standard IPTV filter. Merged one doesn't use MPIPTVSource.ini file. I don't remember why I choosed file against database, probably I want to make changes in database as small as possible.

This makes sense, channels are mapped to cards, which can have their own specific settings. But I don't have any idea, how will works scanning of new channels, because TV server will not know, which IPTV card should be used.
    It would be the same as with any other tuner (consistent :) ): the user chooses the tuner which they will scan with. TV Server doesn't have to know.
    I forgot that TV server is scanning on specified card, so that problem is solved.

Keep things simple.
    Make things complicated
    Unfortunately "simple" and "complicated" aren't always objective.
    To me it seems "simpler" (or at least more consistent) to have some/all of the plugin functionality built into TV Server configuration, rather than in a plugin. That would enable using the provider/device-supplied m3u files directly (no need for the user to modify URLs if the settings are applied automatically by TV Server). I'd also have said that all configuration should be stored in the TV Server database.
    ...but I'm sure some people will think another way is simpler. :)
    The TV plugin was created, because nobody (including me) was able to write correct filter URL. But a lot of its code can be (after documenting and some clean-up, especially disassembling and assembling of URLs) used for IPTV card settings.

Hmm ... I think that idea with dedicated cards for providers with configured settings is not totally bad. I think that it's better then changing all URLs in TV server plugin.

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    Hello,

I'm doing a fix in an onlinevideos site. It has changed and now is using a m3u8 playlist. It points to a master playlist that points to the media playlist (I readed some pages before in this thread that only media playlists are allowed). So I load the media playlists, and some play OK, and some other become in a Force close in Mediaportal. I attach two example playlists, one called OK and another one called ERROR. I also attach the MPUrlSourceSplitter.log file. Every error is generating a more than 500 MB dump. Can you test this? Thank you!

Attachments

• Files.rar
      6.7 KB

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello,

I'm doing a fix in an onlinevideos site. It has changed and now is using a m3u8 playlist. It points to a master playlist that points to the media playlist (I readed some pages before in this thread that only media playlists are allowed). So I load the media playlists, and some play OK, and some other become in a Force close in Mediaportal. I attach two example playlists, one called OK and another one called ERROR. I also attach the MPUrlSourceSplitter.log file. Every error is generating a more than 500 MB dump. Can you test this? Thank you!
    Thanks for reporting, it seems that problem is more complicated :( It takes some time to fix it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Georgius,

it's not a big deal but the installer is downloading VCRedist 2013 on every launch, regardless of it being already installed. Would it be possible to check for an existing Installation rather than running it anyway?

chiefnerd

Portal Member
    December 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I simply cannot install it- just get this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CSScriptLibrary, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70fcc3d18c749033' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'CSScriptLibrary, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70fcc3d18c749033'
    at MpeCore.Classes.ActionType.Script.Execute(PackageClass packageClass, ActionItem actionItem)
    at MpeCore.Classes.SectionPanel.Base.ActionExecute(PackageClass packageClass, SectionItem sectionItem, ActionExecuteLocationEnum locationEnum)
    at MpeCore.Classes.SectionPanel.Welcome.Execute(PackageClass packageClass, SectionItem sectionItem)
    at MpeCore.Classes.WizardNavigator.Navigate()...

And then MPEM shuts down. I have no problems installing anything else. I really need this so I can parse m3u8's within an m3u for tv server IPTV...Hopefully you can help

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @georgius,

I am having trouble with the filter on one client. Online Videos is telling me that the source filter is not installed, however the extension installer shows it to be. I uninstalled and reinstalled both OV and your plugin a dozen times now - no success. OV keeps showing the message that it can't fnd the filter.

I then installed VCRedist2013 x64. Since then your installer is not downloading VCRedist2013 anymore. But that is not changing anything either.

What can I do to clean up the installation to get a virgin status again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom