MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (3 Viewers)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Stream analysis timeout is relevant only if you are testing url in TV service plugin. From logs I see that you were working only with HTTP urls, which have default timeout 5000. How long it takes VLC to open HTTP url (e.g. the first one http://127.0.0.1:1239)?

In VLC it takes not more than 4-5 seconds
    With my my script scanning take less.
    May 29 00:47:16: INFO: Starting Astra 4.4.182
    May 29 00:47:17: INFO: Bitrate: 0 Kbit/s
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PAT: tsid: 1
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PAT: pid: 7777 PMT pnr: 6666
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PAT: crc32: 0xCDADFF85
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PMT: pnr: 6666
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PMT: pid: 256 PCR
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: VIDEO: pid: 256 type: 0x02
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: AUDIO: pid: 257 type: 0x03
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: PMT: crc32: 0xE87C7D6D
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: SDT: tsid: 1
    May 29 00:47:18: INFO: SDT: sid: 6666

Plus 1 second to put the line into DB
    Strange, from log_scanning.zip logs it seems that opening stream takes 4.86 seconds (so, only 140 milliseconds to timeout). This successful opening was the second, first one failed (timeout). To be clear, remote server responded immediately, but first data comes after 4.86 seconds. As I look on your times, I'm not sure if there is problem with timeout or with something else (e.g. firewall or antivirus SW - Microsoft Security Essentials is such example, sometimes it blocks filter, sometimes not). Try to change timeout on this url (http://127.0.0.1:1239) to 10000 milliseconds, try to scan/watch (if channel is already in DB) and attach logs.

Just one thought more.
    You are always talking about scanning and some timeouts.
    As I said, I'll never use MP scanning and using timeouts when putting a link into DB for me is a wrong concept.
    What your SW should do from my point of view:
    - parse *.m3u (static or downloaded from http source automatically once per time X) automatically,
    - substitute in db http-links, pmt pid, etc, if changed, for existing idTuning or add new ones, if a user changed status in intermediate db from e.g. "not insert" to "insert",
    - wait until the process of parsing http-links, pmt pid, etc,from *.m3u is finished (1 second, 1 minute, 1 momth, etc) or loop scanning
    You're wrong. This filter is only input part, it's same like hardware DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T card. DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T cards also don't change DB, don't parse *.m3u or anything else.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You're wrong. This filter is only input part, it's same like hardware DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T card. DVB-S, DVB-C or DVB-T cards also don't change DB, don't parse *.m3u or anything else.

I think, you didn't get my thought.
    Parsing (locking) channels must be like in TVHeadend (DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C) and I wrote it above.
    Everything is done by SW without a user.
    It is scanning in background in a loop.
    If a channel (tuningdetail in MP, service in TVHeadend) is found, it is added by SW to the DB.
    If not, scanning wil be repeated automatically.
    If a tuningdetail is added to DB, it must be mapped to an existing channe by SW, etc.
    What a user should do - change the channel name to the appropriate one and sort.
    That was I'm doing in my script with IPTV.
    Script is underdone, but is working.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Strange, from log_scanning.zip logs it seems that opening stream takes 4.86 seconds (so, only 140 milliseconds to timeout). This successful opening was the second, first one failed (timeout). To be clear, remote server responded immediately, but first data comes after 4.86 seconds. As I look on your times, I'm not sure if there is problem with timeout or with something else (e.g. firewall or antivirus SW - Microsoft Security Essentials is such example, sometimes it blocks filter, sometimes not). Try to change timeout on this url (http://127.0.0.1:1239) to 10000 milliseconds, try to scan/watch (if channel is already in DB) and attach logs.

OK.
    Let's think it over.

My system is dual boot - Ubuntu and Windows (I use it until Digital Devices will make normal support in Linux of CIs they sell)

Windows:
    (Comodo is switched off, no Windows firewall used, only router firewall used)
    - (no scanning, just keeping m3u in DB) VLC - 3-4 seconds - OK,
    - (no scanning, just keeping m3u in DB) DVBLink - 3-4 seconds - OK,
    - (no scanning, just keeping m3u in DB) Astra streaming - 2-3 seconds - OK,
    - Astra analyzing the stream - 2 seconds - OK,
    - MP scanning - NOK

Ubuntu:
    (Comodo is switched on, router firewall is switched on)
    - (no scanning, just keeping m3u in DB) DVBLink - 3-4 seconds - OK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What your SW should do from my point of view...
    Thanks for sharing your point of view and script. However, we have no plans to change how TV Server works at this time. In fact, TV Server is currently under code freeze.

So far my understanding of your situation is:
    a) 2-tuner Digital Devices Cine S2 + 2-tuner Digital Devices Octopus S2 not working in MP due to diseqc 1.1 problems (4 MP IPTV instances, DVBViewer as slave server),
    After fixing the RTSP URLS (remove PIDs 16 and 17), scanning with both RTSP and HTTP URLs should be working. You don't like it because it's slow and triggers DVBViewer to send decrypt requests. However that is not going to change so we need to move on.

Tuning of HTTP URLs is working.
    Tuning of RTSP URLs is not working.

b) 4-tuner TBS6205 T2/C not working with MP (4 MP IPTV instances, DVBViewer as slave server),
    After fixing your tuning parameters (supply modulation and symbol rate), DVB-C scanning and tuning is fully working.

c) torrent tv (http://torrent-tv.ru/) - both server and p2p-proxy (7 MP IPTV instances),
    AFAIK this is working. Again, you don't like how we do the scanning but it isn't going to change.

d) http://545-tv.com/?act=tv (5 MP IPTV instances),
    Status = unknown.

e) list of http- and rtmp-links made by me (5 MP IPTV instances).
    RTMP links won't work without changing container using [for example] VODServer. You said VODServer was too much effort for you, so current status is "given up".

If you want to try to continue using TV Server, please confirm the above status and supply log files for the not working scenarios.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Do you have also logs? Just for checking timeout and behavior.

I thought, wa're still talking about post #585.
    OK, Il'' make logs again this evening[DOUBLEPOST=1464584553][/DOUBLEPOST]
    After fixing the RTSP URLS (remove PIDs 16 and 17), scanning with both RTSP and HTTP URLs should be working. You don't like it because it's slow and triggers DVBViewer to send decrypt requests. However that is not going to change so we need to move on.

However, we have no plans to change how TV Server works at this time. In fact, TV Server is currently under code freeze.

Yes, I know.
    The only thing that is bothering me from the list of problems in your post is not being able to playback rtsp from dvbviewer.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @georgius

We're looking to add support for this plugin / splitter in MyAnime3 as a fix for streaming playback, currently running into a serious issue when using the default Mediaportal directshow graph builder:

Issue:
    https://github.com/japanesemediamanager/MyAnime3/issues/31

Code:
    https://github.com/japanesemediaman...81f882bac/MyAnimePlugin3/VideoHandler.cs#L263

We would only need it for HTTP playback (plain video file with no encoder / transcoder) at the moment as that is what the JMM Server supplies it with however looked at how OnlineVideos does it but having a tough time copying that approach over, do you perhaps have any code examples for plugins?
    Or perhaps can help us find out why this bug is occurring if you have the time because kinda running into a wall with this one :)

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm hoping someone could help me to setup some IPTV. I'm specifically struggling to add the channels to TVServer.

So I enabled the IPTV and URL Source Splitter plugin in TVServer and add my playlist.m3u. I can see the channels come up in the Playlist Editor and I can click the blue question marks and get green ticks.. so I assume this means it is able to start the stream OK.

But how to add these as channels in TVServer? I know I can go to TVServers -> MyPC -> DVBIP and select my playlist as Service, but problem here is I need to enter proxy server settings, which I can do in the plugin but don't see where to do for the channel scan, so ultimately the channel scan finds nothing?

Am I just completely missing the point here or? Any help much appreciated as ever..

Thanks

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi, I'm hoping someone could help me to setup some IPTV. I'm specifically struggling to add the channels to TVServer.

So I enabled the IPTV and URL Source Splitter plugin in TVServer and add my playlist.m3u. I can see the channels come up in the Playlist Editor and I can click the blue question marks and get green ticks.. so I assume this means it is able to start the stream OK.

But how to add these as channels in TVServer? I know I can go to TVServers -> MyPC -> DVBIP and select my playlist as Service, but problem here is I need to enter proxy server settings, which I can do in the plugin but don't see where to do for the channel scan, so ultimately the channel scan finds nothing?

Am I just completely missing the point here or? Any help much appreciated as ever..

Thanks
    You need to save edited playlist (with proxy settings), then go to TVServers -> MyPC -> DVBIP, select saved playlist and scan for channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom