MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it seems to be.
    As far as I understand, the list of channels will only be added to the database after (successfull) scanning of those channels.
    And if they require a useragent the scanning will fail, and it won't be added.
    You can only add a useragent to the list of channels in the database, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg issue.
    Unless ofcourse (and I sure hope it is) there's another way of adding a list of channels from a m3u8 to the database without scanning

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    You can only add a useragent to the list of channels in the database, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg issue.
    The channel list is just a list of URLs and only URLs are stored in the database, but getting data from these URLs is a Web request, and it goes through a function, so in it and specify the User Agent.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes I understand I can change the software to add a useragent in that webrequest, but I was really looking for a way to do it with the current version (and I'm sure there must be one)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but I was really looking for a way to do it with the current version (and I'm sure there must be one)
    So if the User Agent is not specified in the request, as far as I know it can not be specified in the URL, so without changing the source code, this problem can not be solved.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I at least I found a way to get around that useragent issue:
    first you have to open the m3u8 in the playlist editor (first tab of "MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter"), set the useragent for all channels and save the playlist.
    Only thing that is indeed annoying is having to scan all channels before they are added to the database.

Could be tricky to work around that because some metadata (is it a tv stream, radio stream etc) is needed for correct channelinfo, and that has to be provided by the user when copying the playlist to the actual channel list

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    first you have to open the m3u8 in the playlist editor (first tab of "MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter"), set the useragent for all channels and save the playlist.
    So I have to add useragent (“curl/7.67.0” or any different one I only know that one ) one by one channel ? Is gone take forever :(

I try useragent “curl/7.67.0” on few channels and is working ok but not working on PPV

Last edited:

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    Do I have right useragent “curl/7.67.0” ? Is not working on PPV

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    I have one more question I cant get EPG with MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter like I have before with DVB card is there different set up ?
    With DVB I use internal EPG grabber with no extra plugins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom