MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (1 Viewer)

magda

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Which service you recommending ?
    I try before EPG-Buddy long time ago, with no successes

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that depends a bit...
    My old iptv provider had a xml-tv service that matched reasonably with their channels but the xml-tv guide of my current iptvprovider really sucks so I started using webepg again. Mind you, the scrapers for the webepg might be out of date for your channels, so that could involve some work to get them correct again

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this. I had this problem too.
    I finally have a reliable way to reproduce it, so I can start investigating!
    Edit: it doesn't hang btw, only freezing video. after a while (i assume when the video would have finished in normal playback) i got to the menu screen again

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm a bit at a loss here...
    For simple things like parsing an extra level of redirection in m3u8 files, or installation related issues I can fix them, but I still am struggling with some of my iptv providers streams.
    They stutter really hard when played through MPUrlSourceSplitter, but LAV plays them flawlessly. I can't get the provider to fix them ("They ain't broke, vlc-player works!") and even after putting in hours and hours of investigation and frustration, I can't pinpoint where its going wrong.
    Currently working on a solution to have a per-site setting whether to play the stream with MPUrlSourceSplitter or with LAV, but that's only going to be a band-aid. In the end, it would be really nice to have this native in tvserver so I have a proper guide, recording etc etc.
    So if any of you @Developers have some time and c++ coding skills, and willing to look into this, it will be greatly appreciated!

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @doskabouter I was just now searching for an answer to the m3u8 problem you mentioned above. Today, I learned how to extract the m3u8 playlist url from a live news webpage and discovered the stutter when I tried to play it in MP. It's not too bad, but it's enough that you can't stop noticing it. lol Just wondering if you may have found a workaround for it?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no unfortunately not... I do have a per-site setting in current code but no real plans on when to release a new version...

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    When uninstalling, I have this :

zz1.png

C.U.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    hmmm, for the moment, I have not IPTV (will probably change next year).
    But, for url Source, each time I try to, I have this error and this, for all french sites :

zz1.png

Mean something about dynamic categories.
    Can you help ?
    Pleased to give full logs if needed, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom