1.14.0 Micro stutter on one particular channel during LIVE TV (Solved because: Probably hardware related) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, still late audio:
    [2016-01-02 14:09:49,710] [11636308] [142c] - audPin : Audio to render late= 0.152

I thought additional buffering would take care of that. :confused:

Please could you try the updated TsReader from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tv-playback-rate-matching-for-testing.130394/

Make sure to take a backup of the original just in case you have problems with the update.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will try those now. (Before starting to experiment with different drivers.)[DOUBLEPOST=1451741491][/DOUBLEPOST]Still the same hickups.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    (Before starting to experiment with different drivers.)
    Before messing with drivers I'd be more inclined to try different codecs.

...but now I really have no idea what's going on because I can't see any problems in those log files. :confused:

Do you think the situation is any better now, or is it just as bad as ever?

Can you please:
    • activate renderer stats (! key - usually shift + 1) and attach a screenshot showing the stats after 30 seconds
    • try to describe what you mean by "micro-stuttering" in more detail (for example: non-smooth horizontal panning)
    • make and attach a new recording which shows the issue when played (please try to limit the size to less than 50 MB)

@Owlsroost
    Any thoughts?

[edit: Here in New Zealand it is now past 3 AM. I need to sleep, but I'll check this thread again when I wake up.]

Last edited:

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The situation is the same as it was at the start. Not worse, not better.

30 Seconds in:
    30seconds.png

Also attached a recording using the Windows 10 DVR functionality. (Zipped because MP4s can't be attached directly)
    Stuttering was observed at 6s and at 28 second, but is much less visible in the recording. Exactly like what happens when recording a TV show.
    It looks like the playback of TV-recordings do have some sort of compensation for the underlying problem.

The stutter itself is seen in the high speed capture that I made off my TV and when viewed using this method looks more like a repeat of a few frames for a few times.

Attachments

• MediaPortal - TV_Beeldvullend 2-1-2016 15_00_55.zip
      35.1 MB
    • Video_Tuner_WP_20160102_15_08_41_Pro_120fps_031024.zip
      13.3 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update. :)
    I was hoping for an actual TV Server recording (ie. not a screen recording) so that I could attempt to check if the same frame drops occur here when I play the recording. I'm trying to understand if the problem is:
    • confined to live TV playback
    • confined to your system
    • etc.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A have made a recording which is attached to this post. During Live TV the before mentioned 'hickup' or 'frame repeat' happened at around the 43 seconds mark...the recording however does not have a hickup at that point when played using Windows's Movies and TV app.

Additional info: The recording shows the exact same problem when played back using MP. Also using Windows media player the recording shows a smudge at that point which is quickly recovered. So it does seem like something is wrong at that part of the recording / broadcast / signal and different applications deal differently with the problem.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So it does seem like something is wrong at that part of the recording / broadcast / signal and different applications deal differently with the problem.
    This is exactly why I have asked for access to the "raw" recording.
    I want to try to determine if there is really a problem "baked into" the recording file [from provider, signal, decrypting, TsWriter or other].
    If such a problem does exist, I want to try to determine if it can be fixed in TsWriter, TsReader or other.
    If such a problem does not exist, the problem is likely to be with demux/decode/display in TsReader, codecs etc. (and I probably can't do anything about this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom