1.14.0 Micro stutter on one particular channel during LIVE TV (Solved because: Probably hardware related) (1 Viewer)

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
well, that would explain a lot. Totally missed that one. Thought that my TV server recording WAS the RAW recording. I will create a RAW recording ASAP.

Edit: I have uploaded the RAW recording to the FTP server (TS folder) with the filename Netherlands_Ziggo_594750_C_Veronica_HD_Disney_XD_Scrambled.ts. However these recordings don't show hickups and somehow the info of the TS shows the resolution as 704x480 with only stereo sound. The channel however broadcasts in 1080i using 5.1 Dolby Digital sound....don't know if this is normal.

Last edited:

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
y3mdgPbR59enryYsNjJrli3C6_g7yoEr_UBb50Zl4q2_1X14ljCNzEcSqz0_AzeOdbJ5Dh3CkSF7IOCr82MWVkB-xdpK9S1QAmSUhb3ZNHbKUW__JEyv-fyn0dgLxjCoWJzV2ac6fY2vjGN3r6-Upa15Qp8VO3t6Tjwwb71nlW9XCg

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've played the 'Animal - Veronica HD _ Disney XD - 2016-01-02.ts' sample recording several times using MP running on an Intel GPU - it plays perfectly as far as I can see (LAV Video decoder in DXVA Native mode). The logs look OK as well.

Since you are getting different results with different players and codecs, I suspect that the encoding of that channel might be a causing decoding problems sometimes, producing the stutters and artifacts on playback.

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK. In summary we could conclude that this is probably something which is triggered by the DXVA decoder in my AMD A10-7800 processor? If that is what is causing this, then I am at peace with that. Just want to make sure that this is not something which is fixable by setting MP up correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom