Microsoft MCE (original) volume buttons not working

Discussion in 'Remotes' started by lodale, September 10, 2013.

1. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Hei
    Just bought a used remote (original Microsoft) because the other chinese one that I had wouldn't operate the numerical buttons didn't work. Everything is working fine except the volume up and down (nothing happens), but mute is working.
    I have MP 1.4 on win 7 proffesjonal 32. Seems there are a lot of problems with this (at least before), but I can't find any solutions... Tried uninstalling ehome driver in devices, changed usb port but no differance. My sound card is an intergrated Realtek.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lodale

lodale Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +19 / 1
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Hi found out that the remote can be put in learning mode for the buttons volume up/down and TV off/on. Did this and it works. The problem is that i want to control the volume on my PC sound card and not the sound from my TV

4. fischy667
    • Super User

fischy667 Super User

physicist - Software Tester
    Ratings:
    +353 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    In the default settings the remote controls the PC sound.

To restore the default remote control settings

1. Press and hold the DVD MENU button and LEFT navigation button at the same time until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.

2. Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that the buttons have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the VOL + and VOL - buttons will adjust the Media Center PC system volume. If the default settings were not restored, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 and 2

5. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,845 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    If you are using "audio pass through", then volume is not able to be controlled using the PC and must be adjusted on the audio receiver.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!