Microsoft MCE (original) volume buttons not working (1 Viewer)

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hei
Just bought a used remote (original Microsoft) because the other chinese one that I had wouldn't operate the numerical buttons didn't work. Everything is working fine except the volume up and down (nothing happens), but mute is working.
I have MP 1.4 on win 7 proffesjonal 32. Seems there are a lot of problems with this (at least before), but I can't find any solutions... Tried uninstalling ehome driver in devices, changed usb port but no differance. My sound card is an intergrated Realtek.

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hei
Just bought a used remote (original Microsoft) because the other chinese one that I had wouldn't operate the numerical buttons didn't work. Everything is working fine except the volume up and down (nothing happens), but mute is working.
I have MP 1.4 on win 7 proffesjonal 32. Seems there are a lot of problems with this (at least before), but I can't find any solutions... Tried uninstalling ehome driver in devices, changed usb port but no differance. My sound card is an intergrated Realtek.

Hi found out that the remote can be put in learning mode for the buttons volume up/down and TV off/on. Did this and it works. The problem is that i want to control the volume on my PC sound card and not the sound from my TV

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the default settings the remote controls the PC sound.

To restore the default remote control settings

1. Press and hold the DVD MENU button and LEFT navigation button at the same time until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.

2. Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that the buttons have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the VOL + and VOL - buttons will adjust the Media Center PC system volume. If the default settings were not restored, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 and 2

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you are using "audio pass through", then volume is not able to be controlled using the PC and must be adjusted on the audio receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom