Migration help. (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have decided to replace my existing HTPC with a brand new system. My plan was to migrate all the data first - all done successfully - and then to migrate the MpTvDb from the old machine to the new one using the MySQL Workbench tool - again all worked fine.

Except that.....
TVServer now won't work properly because the TV cards are different and it fails to start/stop the database due to an error in getting the card. My assumption at this point is that this is because it's trying to load a card that doesn't exist on the new system.

Obviously I would like to preserve as much of the old database as possible, largely because it contains all the TVWishList data as well as preferred channel groups and so on, and doing this will save a very large amount of time in trying to rebuild several years of data.

Obviously one possible solution - I think! - would be to migrate all the tables except for those containing the card and tuning data. Once this is done I could then just rescan on the new cards.

Would this work OK? If so, can anyone tell me which are the tables I need to leave out of the migration process? The MySQL Workbench make this fairly easy to do once you know the specific tables to handle.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
As ever, many thanks for your help. I never thought of that one and it would have been a bit simpler! (eventually I guessed at the Card table and just truncated that - a restart repopulated that tale with the new configuration).

I have just re-done the migration and changed the Server name and everything is just perfect! I assume that I will need to rescan because these are new cards and will do that once I can get the new machine into place with access to the satellite cables.

Again, thanks for your advice and time.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
What a speedy service! Again, thanks - that will save a good chunk of time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom